• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Which are the differences between SP men and SP women ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Quite simple: Which are the differences between SP man and SP women ?

How to recognized SP man and Sp women in the crowd ?
(I am presuming that this should not be that hard)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The men have outie parts and the women have innies.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
INSTANT FIVE STAR THREAD

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok, how would you describe clothing stile of SP women next to women of other temperaments ?
(I am aware of the fact that SPs are very wide group)

D

Dali

SP women? What clothes? :p

Shortly after this thread, Antisocial One set the ball rolling for his grand master plan of eradicating SPs from the Earth. 'Fun' was a small price to pay.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, how would you describe clothing stile of SP women next to women of other temperaments ?
(I am aware of the fact that SPs are very wide group)

OK, I'll answer for ESTP me.
I dress well, regardless of endeavor.

Gym clothes = Adidas.

Business clothes = Classic suits, shirts, all tailored to fit, which is necessary as I am a bodybuilder and off the rack clothes NEVER fit me.

Casual clothes = Classic but sporty and not uptight. Levis jeans, Polo shirts, and whatever cool T-shirts I come across.

ESTPs can be peacocks, I am guilty as charged. :doh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quite simple: Which are the differences between SP man and SP women ?

Keirsey talked about how there aren't as many opportunities for SP women to seek out activities and careers that are action-oriented, and if they are not talented in performing areas or sports, they can get stuck doing work they find really boring. So I guess one difference is SP women might feel more repressed or envious of SP men for having more opportunities for the things we like to do.

Obviously, there are trailblazers in different areas that have sought to remedy that, such as Danica Patrick who went into the male-dominated auto racing field, and of course SP female politicians .

I would guess that SP females would often feel like they are expected to be something they're not when accused of being not "ladylike" enough or being more like "one of the guys." Not that being SP makes a female masculine, that's not what I'm saying, but obviously society places certain expectations on what is supposed to be male and female behavior and being more interested in active hobbies can be considered more of a male thing by a lot of people.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Keirsey talked about how there aren't as many opportunities for SP women to seek out activities and careers that are action-oriented, and if they are not talented in performing areas or sports, they can get stuck doing work they find really boring. So I guess one difference is SP women might feel more repressed or envious of SP men for having more opportunities for the things we like to do.

Obviously, there are trailblazers in different areas that have sought to remedy that, such as Danica Patrick who went into the male-dominated auto racing field, and of course SP female politicians .

I would guess that SP females would often feel like they are expected to be something they're not when accused of being not "ladylike" enough or being more like "one of the guys." Not that being SP makes a female masculine, that's not what I'm saying, but obviously society places certain expectations on what is supposed to be male and female behavior and being more interested in active hobbies can be considered more of a male thing by a lot of people.

Yes .. I agree with the not being "ladylike" enough. Always felt this way .. really had to work at "doing gender". I was a very natural outdoorsy girl growing up. Was a tomboy in my youth and a horse woman in my teens. Gave that up in college years for makeup heels and nailpolish. Only way to make the guys notice me. :wubbie:

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
I think ISP men do a little better job of looking simple-chic-casual...the women...not so much...however, each ISP can look really bad fast if they decide it isn't important to pay attention to their clothing...bad color combinations, poor colors for their skin tone, bad lines for their body shape...the works...they like comfort and that can really kill the "eye" comfort for others. Exceptions are when women stay in biking or exercise lycra-coordinated outfits all the time...I have seen that work.

phoenity

Yes .. I agree with the not being "ladylike" enough. Always felt this way .. really had to work at "doing gender". I was a very natural outdoorsy girl growing up. Was a tomboy in my youth and a horse woman in my teens. Gave that up in college years for makeup heels and nailpolish. Only way to make the guys notice me. :wubbie:

I tend to notice SP women, regardless of what they wear. I think it's something to do with the way they move their bodies, in a very sensual way that's familiar to me. It's incredibly hot.

I live in the suburbs, close to the horse country. When I see a woman in her equestrian outfit, that's very hot, especially if her clothes are dirty!

I prefer au naturale. External things like clothing, makeup, shoes are so artificial to me. If a woman wears those things, I prefer she do it for her, not for males.

But I really prefer she limit the unnecessary accessories and be comfortable in her own skin.

Maya Z

MBTI Type
ISFP

I was a tomboy growing up too! I grew up on a ranch with a bunch of boys, and I love horses. I am such a tomboy that I did not realize I was a tomboy until I was in highschool. I saw all the other girls and thought "wow, is this what girls are like??" :shock:
I am very happy and comfortable being a tomboy! I wear t-shirts and levi jeans, and cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. I can probably spit farther than most guys here!! :D
I do not try to be more ladylike, but I do enjoy being a lady sometimes. I like to put on a black dress and go dancing as much as the next girl.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP

Well, I'm not naturally an outdoorsy girl or a tomboy, but I definitely agree with working at "doing gender". When I was in elementary, my mom and grandma dressed me in party dresses and Mary Janes. As I grew up and have the freedom to choose my own clothing, I usually choose shirts, jeans, and rubber shoes because they're much more comfortable than noticing what's the latest trend or what the girls in my school are all wearing. This attitude of mine continued until highschool even though my mom told me a dozen times that I have to pay attention to what I wear. I usually detest her advice, until she told me in college that the reason why she wants me to dress nicely is because she doesn't want anybody to think that she(my mom) isn't kind/thoughtful enough to buy her daughter(me) clothes in case she and I are out walking in the street. I found her reasoning logical enough and decided to dress myself in a way that still expresses my individuality. At that time, I discovered COLOR ME BEAUTIFUL by Caroline(?) Jackson and discovered my season and the colors that would look good on me. I also researched the Internet for additional information on other topics regarding style. And guess what? It has made my life simple because of shorter shopping time and less options to choose from. And the bonus is, I get compliments, though only sometimes. Nevertheless, I enjoy what I'm doing because I'm doing it for myself..and not for others..even though I did it initially for my mom :)

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
As a member(Jeffster) noted here... the biggest diffrence seem's to be the field of action on which they engage, a diffrentation brought on by gender-culture. SP men have a much wider array of offered activities then their female equivalent.. so on average they develop their Se develops on a faster rate, then SP women, since female-culture depending on their geographical culture do not have as many outlets to develop.. and their Se also recieves alot less experience and stimuli. But basically that's the most prominent diffrence, and generalized on at that, gender-culture, however this may not be the case at all, their is alot of situational factors that have to be involved, and you can only be specific.

But in a culture were Gender-culture is a bit more ambigious and less empathized, the SP women like men will follow the pattern percieved in their enviroment, disregarding traditional roles as opposed to SJ females. So they will engage in whatever activity available, and adopt the context. If their friends are a bunch of sport-jock's they will mostly likely become one, however this behavior seems to mostly apply to ESXP's, according to my observation, I urge ISXP's to elaborate, about their experience with this.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ISP men do a little better job of looking simple-chic-casual...the women...not so much...however, each ISP can look really bad fast if they decide it isn't important to pay attention to their clothing...bad color combinations, poor colors for their skin tone, bad lines for their body shape...the works...they like comfort and that can really kill the "eye" comfort for others. Exceptions are when women stay in biking or exercise lycra-coordinated outfits all the time...I have seen that work.

I know how to dress up for going on a night out with friends :D But during the day, my trademark outfit is a pair of jeans, and a stretchy tank-top. Comfy... but not too sloppy (right? :shock:)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know how to dress up for going on a night out with friends :D But during the day, my trademark outfit is a pair of jeans, and a stretchy tank-top. Comfy... but not too sloppy (right? :shock:)

This story would be better with pics. :cool: