• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFP/ISTP relationship

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
I am an ISFP and my boyfriend is an ISTP and it works really well. I think it's an ideal match because we share a lot in common, but have enough differences to keep things interesting. It's great that we're both pretty down to earth and we enjoy doing things together like camping trips and being outdoors. I find it much easier to just be real with him than with a lot of other types, I know a lot of NJ's and I feel pressure to fulfill their expectations more. We see each other for who we are and can just enjoy each other as we are.

I find that my ISTP boyfriend is very stable and grounded, I really admire his ability to handle difficult situations. On more than one occasion I have shared with him about a situation where I have gotten my feelings hurt by someone, and he has helped me to stop and laugh about it and move forward.

Interestingly, almost all of our little arguments boil down to that I like to take my time and smell the roses, and he likes to get things done efficiently. I'm always asking him to slow down and he's always asking me to hurry up lol. Does anyone else encounter that?

B

brainheart

I dig the ISTPs. I think I come off to a lot of people more as an ISTP than an ISFP because I keep my feelings very guarded- when I say introverted feeling, I mean introverted feeling. But hoo boy, is it there.

In that respect, the difference between ISTP and ISFP can become quite apparent. I was with an ISTP in the past and we had great talks and great fun and great...uh... but I never really knew how he felt about me and it troubled me. I wanted him to be gushy at least once, for gosh sakes. I got tired of being the emotional one. It made me feel... unstable.

Markasin3

MBTI Type
IXXP
I am an ISFP and my boyfriend is an ISTP and it works really well. I think it's an ideal match because we share a lot in common, but have enough differences to keep things interesting. It's great that we're both pretty down to earth and we enjoy doing things together like camping trips and being outdoors. I find it much easier to just be real with him than with a lot of other types, I know a lot of NJ's and I feel pressure to fulfill their expectations more. We see each other for who we are and can just enjoy each other as we are.

I find that my ISTP boyfriend is very stable and grounded, I really admire his ability to handle difficult situations. On more than one occasion I have shared with him about a situation where I have gotten my feelings hurt by someone, and he has helped me to stop and laugh about it and move forward.

Interestingly, almost all of our little arguments boil down to that I like to take my time and smell the roses, and he likes to get things done efficiently. I'm always asking him to slow down and he's always asking me to hurry up lol. Does anyone else encounter that?

I'm still figuring out what I am because I'm mixed up between ISFP and ISTP, but it's really hilarious that I experience similar situations by myself in my head.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I'm still figuring out what I am because I'm mixed up between ISFP and ISTP, but it's really hilarious that I experience similar situations by myself in my head.

Not sure this helps, but I think of ISTPs as artisans and ISFPs as artists. Artisan creativity is fueled by problem solving, artist creativity is fueled by emotional expression.

If ISTPs are not problem solving, they are restless, unhappy and unstable.

ISFPs have no real interest in problem solving at all.