• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and alcohol

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just start it in one thread already!!!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because lets just say I was drinking too much alcohol right now.. I might respond in any of the four threads anyway!!!

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I like a quality beer (something like Czechvar or a good English ale) or nice glass of wine. I don't drink to excess, and I don't like hard liquor much. When I was young, I drank too much a few times. OK, more than a few times. I'm very good about only having a drink or two now. And not every day.

I know some folks are down on alcohol, but I've always felt it's part of the good life. There's nothing like sitting in the back yard, having a drink, and watching the sun go down. Something romantic about it. :blush:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just start it in one thread already!!!

Quit tellin people what to do!!!

Anyway, I hate alcohol, and I hate that so many people act like you can't have a good time without it.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Anyway, I hate alcohol, and I hate that so many people act like you can't have a good time without it.

well i love alcohol, but i agree completely about having a good time without it.
a lot of my best times and most exciting adventures were when i was stone sober.
i also do not like people who think you must have alcohol to have good times.

but i do love alcohol, i drink when i am feeling good and just enjoy the experience of drinking, and/or the experience of getting drunk.
i never drink to be more social or loose my inhibitions, i just drink because i love it.

i often describe beer as the great love-affair of my life!

:cheers:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I hate it. Me without my self-control, isn't funny/amusing/whatever, it's extraordinarily scary and fairly dangerous to both myself and others depending on the day. I need it to keep my worse impulses in check, and as such, I refuse to drink any quantity of it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate it. Me without my self-control, isn't funny/amusing/whatever, it's extraordinarily scary and fairly dangerous to both myself and others depending on the day. I need it to keep my worse impulses in check, and as such, I refuse to drink any quantity of it.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I know that if I started drinking, I probably wouldn't stop, and it would just be a bad idea all around. I already have enough bad habits without adding that one.

Unique

It's a great addition to any social gathering on the weekend

Not a fan of drinking alone or on weekdays though

phoenity

I enjoy the physical sensation provided by alcohol. But in my experience it is one of the most dangerous drugs for me regarding loss of self-control.

I have never experienced any other chemical that put me so out of touch with my physical ability, but at the same time obscured any perception of loss.

The few occasions where I have experienced the greatest risk of death or severe injury have been when I was black out drunk. At that point I likely perceived no risk at all, and that's the greatest danger with this chemical.

Most of the time I can control my intake. However, when I am with friends and we're drinking liquor, I get caught up in the moment, and I have no perception of how drunk I am aside from loss of coordination. However, I quickly cross this line, get so caught up in the moment, and seem to forget the fact that I'm intoxicated. This eventually leads to consuming so much that I am a danger to myself.

I've come close to drowning in a hot tub from passing out. I must have instinctually realized the danger of what was happening, and clawed my way over the edge to pass out on the side.

I've also closed a bar with some friends, and on the walk home decided I needed to move, so I just started running down the street. Eventually I lost my friends and I spent the hours of 2am-5am between being passed out on the sidewalk and wandering around a city I didn't know. I woke up the next morning in my car, with scrapes on my skin and blood on my clothes from falling. I'm lucky I wasn't picked up by the police or hit by a car. The most frightening thing is that I had no recollection of leaving the bar or getting back to my car, or anything else between that.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
WOW, that's lethal.

My issue with it is similar, but more direct. To put it simply, I physically have the ability to do things along the lines of what you see in the bourne movies, and um....the impulse to do so always remains in check (except when I feel like making people suprised and start doing free running/parkour), but I'm more referring to the uh, violent behavior. I keep it under wraps unless it's needed for some reason, but...the impulse isn't far below the surface, reduce my self-control a tiny bit, and....I don't feel safe in my ability to keep it there.

In short: Me drinking exponentially increases the risk of: severely injured from doing my normal behaviors without the balance, or nearly winding up killing someone and going to prison for it.

Unique

Yeah 'blacking out' is pretty bad during them you can do some pretty weird stuff

Again though you lost control with drinking with your friends and crossed the line

I haven't ever blacked out on under 8 drinks, besides its about drinking slowly and letting the first drink hit you before going for a second etc

Lucky for me the only 2 times I did black out I was among friends

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
In my younger years I needed alcohol to relax and have a good time at clubs and parties. Now in mid life .. that's what xanax if for; less calories and no hangover!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It has its time and place.

Right now it's vodka, cranberry, and a twist of lime for me.

Cheers!

:cheers:

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I love drinking. Only with friends. I hate the taste of alcohol but I love how it relaxes you so much more. Whenever I go to a party, people often think I'm drunk but I'm not at all and I'm just like that sober too. I guess I can be a bit of a binge drinker. There will be one night a week, on the weekend where I'll go hang out with friends and drink a lot and then I don't want to drink again until like, the next week.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
In my younger years I needed alcohol to relax and have a good time at clubs and parties. Now in mid life .. that's what xanax if for; less calories and no hangover!

Xanax makes me fall asleep but one little known benefit of it I've discovered besides the best sleep you've ever had that's almost like being in a little coma and not having a care in the world is that you have the best sex when you take it. That is, if you haven't fallen asleep yet. That can kind of kill the mood... Or maybe heighten it if that's what you're into... ;)

Unique

I love drinking. Only with friends. I hate the taste of alcohol but I love how it relaxes you so much more. Whenever I go to a party, people often think I'm drunk but I'm not at all and I'm just like that sober too. I guess I can be a bit of a binge drinker. There will be one night a week, on the weekend where I'll go hang out with friends and drink a lot and then I don't want to drink again until like, the next week.

Yeah thats me... don't drink regularly but when I do its usually a lot