• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Why are ESFPs conservative?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would guess that political party has little to do with type. But more how you were raised and your values, now if your one of those rebellious types and just wants to rebel to rebel you might choose the opposite party than people would expect. Now keep in mind most people blindly follow things or blindly rebel, so that's why I say it has little to do with type. Now if your one of those "freaks" who actually knows about what goes on in the world, then maybe it has more to do with type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
67 people to judge millions of people by? Lmao don't take that seriously... please. :rolleyes:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would guess that political party has little to do with type. But more how you were raised and your values, now if your one of those rebellious types and just wants to rebel to rebel you might choose the opposite party than people would expect. Now keep in mind most people blindly follow things or blindly rebel, so that's why I say it has little to do with type. Now if your one of those "freaks" who actually knows about what goes on in the world, then maybe it has more to do with type.

Yea, this.

(wait.. now i'm just following the stereotype by following somebody else.) :huh:

So, no.. not this. ...

wait.. now i'm just rebelling..

bah.
:doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yea, this.

(wait.. now i'm just following the stereotype by following somebody else.) :huh:

So, no.. not this. ...

wait.. now i'm just rebelling..

bah.
:doh:

it's a catch 22 so do what you want and it doesn't matter if it's rebelling or conforming because someone will complain. so I say screw them and go do what you want.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's a catch 22 so do what you want and it doesn't matter if it's rebelling or conforming because someone will complain. so I say screw them and go do what you want.

Right-
The point I'm making.
Those 67 ESFP's could be voting conservative for any number of reasons...

(And I think it may be frightening to find out what some of them may be. But, you may be surprised to think that some of them may have actually thought a bit about their decision... noo... that couldn't be it.. what do I know? Maybe Mitt Romney is just more handsome then Barack? I digress. A lot.)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I think it should be worth noting that it is Keirsey, not Myers-Briggs, who perceives all SPs as hedonistic. "Gifts Differing" paints a very different picture of the ESPs by stating in her first sentence that "The greatest strength of the Se types is their realism." She goes on to say, "They do not uselessly buck the line. People of this type may prove to be remarkably good at pulling conflicting factions together and making things run smoothly."

I am not sure whether this coincides with this thread, but it has made me appreciate Berens' theory that the commonality of Se can provide for two sets of SP types. Those who may appear as painted by Keirsey and those who may be perceived as painted by Myers-Briggs. Clearly the latter would make for conservative types. In consideration of Myers-Briggs' descriptions, I can see ESTPs, ESFPs, ISTPs and ISFPs mistyping and looking like ENTJs, ENFJs, INTJs and INFJs respectively, in particularly since the Se combined with Fi/Ti can easily give an appearance of Ni-Te and Ni-Fe (or vice-versa). Just my thoughts and clearly my own humble opinion.