• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Why are ESFPs conservative?

hommefatal

404 Not Found
ESFP

We had 67 ESFPs volunteer their political affiliation. The breakdown is as follows:

1. Republican - 34% (23/67)
2. Not Political - 19% (13/67)
3. Democrat - 13% (9/67)
4. Middle of the Road - 12% (8/67)
5. Conservative - 10% (7/67)
6. Liberal - 7% (5/67)
7. Other - 3% (2/67)
8. Libertarian - 0% (0/67)
According to these statistics ESFPs are the most conservative type, next to INTJ, lol.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that's only 67 people. You'd have to know something about them individually to know why there were more Republicans. I think SPs in general are the least likely to be strongly tied to a political party. We are more likely independent and making choices based on the situation at hand.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This explains why I'm the only ENFP who is really conservative - in reality, I'm an ESFP! :D Who'da thunk it? :devil:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'll bet it's because they're non-conformist and hate being predictable (a.k.a. boring), and most people would expect them to be liberal, so they're like, "Hellz naw, beatch, I'm an over-the-top patriotic American and love 'family values.' Yay Reagan, yeeeee haaaaw!" Yup, that's gotta be it. :yes:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'll bet it's because they're non-conformist and hate being predictable (a.k.a. boring), and most people would expect them to be liberal, so they're like, "Hellz naw, beatch, I'm an over-the-top patriotic American and love 'family values.' Yay Reagan, yeeeee haaaaw!" Yup, that's gotta be it. :yes:

lol :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Actually, my ESFP sister has said something along these lines to me in the past. That everyone thinks she should be liberal (being of mixed ethnic origin and emotionally effusive), and she enjoys their expressions of surprise when she spouts off about how much she hates liberals and feminists.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
A poll of ESFP's that are going to poll online in a forum may not be representative of their type. Just a thought.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's only 67 people. You'd have to know something about them individually to know why there were more Republicans. I think SPs in general are the least likely to be strongly tied to a political party. We are more likely independent and making choices based on the situation at hand.

Actually, it's sort of funny -- but my SFP friends IRL are usually conservatives as well. It wigged me out, honestly. Even my ESFP kid has strong conservative overtones. Now, if I had grown up in liberal circles, maybe I would have met a lot more SFP non-conservatives, but in the general area around here, I definitely saw the bias.

I'm thinking SFP is open to imprinting when younger and absorb surrounding cultural values. I'd be interested in seeing STP political leanings.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm not a conservative, at least about most issues. None of the political parties really appeal to me, especially on a national level, however. But... when I vote, I split my ticket!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, my ESFP sister has said something along these lines to me in the past. That everyone thinks she should be liberal (being of mixed ethnic origin and emotionally effusive), and she enjoys their expressions of surprise when she spouts off about how much she hates liberals and feminists.

Yeah, that sounds like an SP. We are more about defying expectations than devout principles much of the time. ;)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
That actually does not surprise me since ESPs are the ultimate realists. As usual we tend to give weight to what is nothing but sterotypes of descriptions.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think ESFPs are naturally nonpolitical, but will take on the politics of the people around them when asked to choose sides. I think that could be the case here.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I'm not sure it's so much about being a realist, and going against the grain doesn't really make sense, either, unless they're willing to offer up their real beliefs in order to make the people around them uncomfortable. MY hypotheses:
- they wanted to screw up the test results so many voted the opposite of what they actually believe
- they really don't care about politics at all
- they like elephants better than donkeys
- they have weighed the evidence in a very personal way, by observing the people closest to them, and have determined that the republican party can best serve their purposes.

*cough*

- easily brainwashed?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
too few ESFP samples to make a conclusion. But from my experience... on average.. ESFP's are anything but conservatives.. i would be surprised to find most ESFP concerned with politics.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESFPs? Conservative? That's not what I would have thought at all. My first thought would be that ESFPs are more inclined towards theater and the performing arts, which are dominated by those with a liberal mindset, so... 2+2. And that Politicaltypes site said that more ESFPs are Democrats.

The one ESFP I know - who's probably a bizarre case, admittedly - is practically a communist. She is obsessed with all things Russian. She owns a copy of Mao's Little Red Book - in CHINESE. So naturally I would not associate conservatism with them :) But my experience with them is VERY limited.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I'm not sure it's so much about being a realist, and going against the grain doesn't really make sense, either, unless they're willing to offer up their real beliefs in order to make the people around them uncomfortable. MY hypotheses:
- they wanted to screw up the test results so many voted the opposite of what they actually believe
- they really don't care about politics at all
- they like elephants better than donkeys
- they have weighed the evidence in a very personal way, by observing the people closest to them, and have determined that the republican party can best serve their purposes.

*cough*

- easily brainwashed?

hahhaha totally correct.