• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] S's are VERY hard to find!

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've found no shortage of both types, personally.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Maybe i'm looking too hard, or am biased because i instantaneously label them to be N's and move on too quickly... Hmmm...

Unique

Out of curiosity where are you looking?

There are certain places/activities that attract SPs

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Everywhere i go and things i do. parties, social gatherings, communal events, everything.
you'd think an S would know where an S goes.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
You said you wanted to relate. I do too. Can't stand being surrounded by you Ss all the damned time!

Why what is it about the S that seems to irritate you so?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Why what is it about the S that seems to irritate you so?

Nothing really.

Actually I said that somewhat jokingly, I do have a few N friends. But what I meant was that Ss are everywhere, all the time. No trouble at all with Ss, just would like to know more Ns I guess. To relate, just like Defrag wishes to.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Probably the same thing that irritates her about Ns.

Unique

Everywhere i go and things i do. parties, social gatherings, communal events, everything.
you'd think an S would know where an S goes.

What are these parties like? Is it 'family' like standing around talking maybe a glass of wine sorta thing?

Or are we talking pumping music, shots and dancing

I can imagine Ns being attracted to parties where they get to talk more than use their senses

I guess the main point is S's are more common than Ns its possible the non-relating is due to you interacting with SJs and not SPs. The SJs different views might be considered foreign or abstract to you, I could be wrong though...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!
Jesus was such a bad hat.

A most negligent fellow. Look at the mess we are in.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you serious? I need to move to California.
You know Ns are generally only 1 in 4 of the population, right?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is probably because of subjectivity of your position. Especially if you are expressed ESFP. I am expressed INTJ and to me it looks like that 50% of people are ESFPs. But that is not true, it is just that everything that is not similar to me is placed in same group. I mean those people are far from identical.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's a shame really, where are the shallow, simple and down to Earth people!? You see them on TV, in movies, you listen to their music all they long on MTV, but in the real world, everyone is just so darn deep and philosophical, completely unable to enjoy the materialistic joys of life.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This thread is probably one of the best indicators that rareness of type is mere theory. In the real world either you can find all of the types or find a hard time even finding sensors.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Well, it is mere theory, but best indicator? The thread is one person's untested opinion from casual observation (random tangents=N?).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

These 'abstract thinkers who go on random tangents' are probably EFJs. In all honesty, they'll go on about anything, given the chance.

Also, it may have to do with your definition of 'abstract'.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Most of the people I know are S's. You sure they're N's? Maybe you're thinking they're N's because you're a strong S (i.e. they're more N in relation to you). I could be wrong.

Well, it is mere theory, but best indicator? The thread is one person's unvtested opinion from casual observation (random tangents=N?).

Yeah, I agree with this.