• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] S's are VERY hard to find!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!

Go to the gym, go to a rave, go to the beach and you will be surrounded by SP's.

We're a fun loving lot, and are always where the action is, or where we can exert ourselves on our environment. SPs are so much more fun than SJs. ;)

juggernaut

Permabanned
Go to the gym, go to a rave, go to the beach and you will be surrounded by SP's.

We're a fun loving lot, and are always where the action is, or where we can exert ourselves on our environment. SPs are so much more fun than SJs. ;)

Yep yep! That is, in fact, where I met my former ESTP spouse. It was a very bizarre experience for me, but he was right at home.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can imagine Ns being attracted to parties where they get to talk more than use their senses

No.

These 'abstract thinkers who go on random tangents' are probably EFJs. In all honesty, they'll go on about anything, given the chance.

Also, it may have to do with your definition of 'abstract'.

Yes.

Yes.

Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....

i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

:shock:

If this is what you view an 'abstract thinker' to be like, then yeah, I can see why everyone seems to be one... The people you are encountering seem to bore you because you are not interested in what they are thinking and talking about. This is not N vs S. If you tell what your interests are and what would make you 'relate', you may get better advice on where to meet people with similar interests.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm. Well...my ex is either an ISFP or ESFP, and he's extremely artistic. He also feels that there's very few people like him IRL, and tends to find people who share his obsession with film and such on the Internet. Maybe he's an ESFP, maybe it's an ESFP thing...or maybe it strongly applies to SP people in general who lean more toward art.

Maybe.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Where do you live where there is a shortage of Ss? :huh: Ns are much less common than Ss (except on the internet, of course).

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Is this a joke? Practically everyone I know is an S. I could use some N.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say I don't know many N's. Most people I meet are S's but I can't relate. I can't relate to really snobby N's either (the elitist artist type). I need a humble N type to relate to.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) Ss are not hard to find in general, but it's possible your environment is largely Ns. Finding Ss will likely be as easy as trying new things in a new environment. Halla's advice is good.

2) What do you consider to be "S"? It's very possible you are looking for other ES_ _ types, and writing off legitimate Ss simply because they aren't what you are really looking for. Keep in mind that according to the theory, ES_P are the types least in touch with their intuitions. Even an ISTP in "deep thought" mode may come across as intuitive to you.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Maybe has to do with Geography and Social Circle.

Do you know alot of techies? If you live in a wealthier neighborhood, which would qualify as most of the Frisco, maybe it takes an N to get high paying job? Also I think Frisco might attract more educated people which are typically N.

..........reaching

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I guess there are many variables here that might suggest a surplus of N's...
- yeah, the geography might be one, as avolk has pointed out. San Francisco to me feels like a sensing city though, if one was to generalize.
- keep in mind i'm only 20, so there isn't much for jobs in my age group unless you count starbucks, and anybody can and would chose that
- and i suppose i might misinterpret what an N might mean, as Udog had said. Sometimes i wonder why my ISTJ boyfriend has qualities that are seemingly N-ish. The obsession with zombies, vampires, and other seemingly popular non existant creatures for example... wtf? they DO NOT exist. Who cares? I was under the impression that S's wouldn't be interested in non tangible things. (as i had noticed as far as movies go, i am only interested in those that CAN happen/exist; sci fi and many action movies just come off as ridiculous).
- I guess i haven't been to a rave or the beach in a LONG time. About time, then?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
S's are hard to find on this forum, maybe, but they are between 65-80% of the population depending on different polls that have been taken. If you're an S, and you don't like to talk about all kinds of junk that isn't real all the time, then I bet a lot of the people doing the same activities as you are S's.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I guess there are many variables here that might suggest a surplus of N's...
- yeah, the geography might be one, as avolk has pointed out. San Francisco to me feels like a sensing city though, if one was to generalize.
- keep in mind i'm only 20, so there isn't much for jobs in my age group unless you count starbucks, and anybody can and would chose that
- and i suppose i might misinterpret what an N might mean, as Udog had said. Sometimes i wonder why my ISTJ boyfriend has qualities that are seemingly N-ish. The obsession with zombies, vampires, and other seemingly popular non existant creatures for example... wtf? they DO NOT exist. Who cares? I was under the impression that S's wouldn't be interested in non tangible things. (as i had noticed as far as movies go, i am only interested in those that CAN happen/exist; sci fi and many action movies just come off as ridiculous).
- I guess i haven't been to a rave or the beach in a LONG time. About time, then?

SanFran can be rough for 20 something if you don't have a degree/career established. Cost of living kills. You'd probably find more S in other large metropolitan area. My impression is that those on the borderline S/N in their 20s tend to go more N as they get older.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I'm a very strong S, yup. Weeeee I think i'm awesome, and the best part is that everybody agrees.

Unique

your an SP, how can you not be!!! woo!! I'm excited, clubbing in the city tomorrow defiantly going to meet some SPs ;p

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well, if it's a movie or tv show in general, it's usually beyond the realm of possibility. Romance movies are as ridiculous with emotions as action movies are far fetched in super-human/physics defying displays of movement. TV shows love to to use characters that don't, and can't, really exist (but wouldn't we love it if they did!).

Unless you hate all forms of TV and entertainment outside of documentaries that stick solely to the facts, there's some degree of imagination and "What if" going on.

The fact that he extends it to vampires and zombies just becomes a matter of personal taste at that point.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
. Sometimes i wonder why my ISTJ boyfriend has qualities that are seemingly N-ish. The obsession with zombies, vampires, and other seemingly popular non existant creatures for example... wtf? they DO NOT exist. Who cares?

lol!
I always give an N label to those people interested in these things.
That and aliens. Fairys and dragons and such sillyness.

You should find no shortage of S's though, as everyone else keeps saying.

I wish there were more N's where I live!
I find that there are so many people like myself, that it's like i'm talking into the mirror half the time. *boring.*

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
- and i suppose i might misinterpret what an N might mean, as Udog had said. Sometimes i wonder why my ISTJ boyfriend has qualities that are seemingly N-ish. The obsession with zombies, vampires, and other seemingly popular non existant creatures for example... wtf? they DO NOT exist. Who cares? I was under the impression that S's wouldn't be interested in non tangible things.

But they do exist... within the fictional world from whence they came. Why on earth should it be assumed that an S wouldn't be able to like that sort of thing? Fantasy is great... if you can't fathom it, keep trying. It's so fun, and I'd hate to think of someone missing out.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol!
I always give an N label to those people interested in these things.
That and aliens. Fairys and dragons and such sillyness.

I find that stuff stupid too, and I'm fixedly an intuitive ;).

I need to move where this chick is....I am surrounded by S people and as much as I love some of them, they drive me craaaaazy!

I'm not surprised that SF might have disproportionately more Ns. SF seems to be friendly towards offbeat visionary & intellectual people. :cheese: