• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Quotes for ISFP

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
*idea stolen from the ENTP thread*

Add some quotes you think represent or might appeal to ISFPs, I know Wolfy is always quoting lots of good ones.

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.
-Henry David Thoreau

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J. R. R. Tolkien

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.
-J. R. R. Tolkien

You ask me why I do not write something....I think one's feelings waste themselves in words, they ought all to be distilled into actions and into actions which bring results.-Florence Nightingale

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
-Anne Frank

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
-Salma Hayek

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
-Pablo Picasso

I don't think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.
-W. Somerset Maugham

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
"I never look forward, because I have no idea about how any of it happened to getting here. I've no idea how the next five years are going to be."

"I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple."

-- both Paul McCartney

"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, 'Aw, who cares?' And then I think, 'Hey, what's for supper?'"

-- Jack Handey

wolfy

awsm
Bruce Lee

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.

All types of knowledge, ultimately self knowledge.

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

The man who is really serious, with the urge to find out what truth is, has no style at all. He lives only in what is.

wolfy

awsm
Truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing
Those who are bound by desire see only the outward container
Tao Te Ching

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
Bob Dylan

There is nothing so stable as change.
Bob Dylan

I can work, I can travel, I can sleep anywhere, cross every border with nothing to declare. You can look back babe, but it's best not to stare.
Tom Petty Big Weekend

Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise.
The Master has no possessions.
The more he does for others, the happier he is.
The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is.
The Tao nourishes by not forcing.
By not dominating, the Master leads.

Lao Tzu

wolfy

awsm
There are, strictly speaking, no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity.
Shunryu Suzuki

I don't like to play above or below people's heads. Basically, I just like to get up in front of a crowd and rip it up.
Interview with NME magazine in October 1976
Angus Young

Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance.
Steven Pressfield.

One night I was layin' down,
I heard Papa talkin' to Mama.
I heard Papa say, to let that boy
boogie-woogie. 'Cause it's in him
and it's got to come out.
--John Lee Hooker,
Boogie Chillen'

"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
AA Milne

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast? said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes,"said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

"While Eeyore frets ...
... and Piglet hesitates
... and Rabbit calculates
... and Owl pontificates
...Pooh just is."

Tao of Pooh

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ozzy Osbourne

“I love you all, but you're all f*****g mad!”

“I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol. I mean, I would never urinate at the Alamo at nine o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober.”

“All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?”

Very much agree with that ^ one.

“I'm about caring, I'm about people, and I'm about entertaining people. I'm a family man. A husband. A father. I've been a lot of other things over the years, which we don't really want to talk about. I'm always working on trying to better myself, you know? I think that that is an ongoing thing with me.”

“To be a parent, especially to rock 'n' roll kids, I think being a parent is the most difficult job on the face of the earth, ... You hate to say things that will upset your kids, but then sometimes you have to because you can't let them run around wild.”

“I couldn't kill him. I couldn't live with that on my conscience”

Last year I sang for the Queen of England, met the president of the United States, and got an Emmy and a star on The Walk of Fame. And what did I do? I was just being myself.

LA`s not a good place to grow old. It`s a Paris Hilton-getting-fucked-up-the-arse kind of town . . . a town full of ambulance chasers.

They say military have the so-called `secret intelligence` -- this amount of intelligence must be very secret, since I`ve never seen any intelligent military person, nor I have seen any sense in the bloody stupid wars.

(Black) Sabbath were a hippy band. We were into peace.

I have a genuine love affair with my audience. When I`m on stage they`re not privileged to see me. It`s a privilege for me to see them.

`One day, my son and I were arguing and he said: "Do you mind if people laugh with you, or at you?" And I said I didn`t give a shit, so long as they were laughing. But really, I was thinking, I wouldn`t like to know for a fact that they`re laughing at me.`

Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus.

:wubbie:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
"Better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide

"You don't regret the things you did, you regret the things you didn't do." -Rovilson Fernandez quoted on DARE DUO on Qtv Channel, Phils.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
"Better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide

"You don't regret the things you did, you regret the things you didn't do." -Rovilson Fernandez quoted on DARE DUO on Qtv Channel, Phils.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Oops! Sorry for posting the same quotes two times. :D

wolfy

awsm
Monty_python_foot.png

And now for something completely different…

wolfy

awsm

Chuck Jones

Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.

Anyone can negatively criticize - it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modicum of the effort that suggestion requires.

Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about.

The older I get, the more individuality I find in animals and the less I find in humans.

The rules are simple. Take your work, but never yourself, seriously. Pour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out.

The only time a wife listens to her husband is when he's asleep.

The whole essence of good drawing - and of good thinking, perhaps - is to work a subject down to the simplest form possible and still have it believable for what it is meant to be.

When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins.

"Fog and smog should not be confused and are easily separated by color. Fog is about the color of the insides of an old split wet summer cottage mattress; smog is the color and consistency of a wet potato chip soaked in a motorman's glove."

“You do not ‘suffer’ if you decide ‘that’s the way it is’ rather than ‘why is it this way?’

"I have come to know Bugs so well that I no longer have to think about what he is doing in any situation. I let the part of me that is Bugs come to the surface, knowing, with regret, that I can never match his marvelous confidence."

"When a young artist asked me for advice on drawing the human foot, I told him, 'The first thing you must learn is how to take your shoe off, and then how to take your sock off, then prop your leg up carefully on your other knee, take a piece of paper, and draw your foot.'"

:wubbie:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." -William Shakespeare

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are the words left unsaid and the deeds left undone." -Harriet Stowe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"The bitterest tears shed over graves are the words left unsaid and the deeds left undone." -Harriet Stowe

amazing one riel,

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

- Randall G Leighton

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

- Unknown

Live with no excuses and love with no regrets

- Montel *my personal life philosophy*

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."

- Alexander Graham Bell

Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.

- Elbert Hubbard *hell yeah :yes:*

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain.

- idk_

You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.

- Unknown

Happiness needs sadness.
Success needs failure.
Benevolence needs evil.
Love needs hatred.
Victory needs defeat.
Pleasure needs pain.

You must experience and accept the extremes. Because if the contrast is lost, you lose appreciation; and when you lose appreciation, you lose the value of everything.

- Philippos

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

- Unknown *XDDD*

Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

- From Vanilla Sky

Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

- Will Smith *:yes: true*

Never regret something that made you smile

- Unknown

You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

- Unknown

"Often in life we forget the things we should remember and remember the things we should forget"

- unknown

"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

- Katherine Hepburn

Just being yourself, being who you are, is a successful rebellion.

- Unknown *:devil:*

Smile -- It makes a world of difference.
Dance -- Who knows when you wont be able to.
Cry -- Holding those emotions in is bad for you.
Kiss -- Kisses are the most wonderful things in the world.
Laugh -- Whats the point in hiding happiness?
Frown -- Why not let him know you're unhappy?
Apologize -- You dont wanna lose friends.
Hug -- Theres no better feeling being wrapped up close to someone you love.
Live -- because life is everything.

- Found it...

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

- Unknown *hehe*

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it .. live it .and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.

Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope you all have a blessed day.

*figured it's got the theme of the SP artisan and it's touching to hear/ really puts living in the moment in a new perspective*

You may not always end up where you thought you were going, But you will always end up where you were meant to be.

- Jessica taylor

What is life? Look around you for a second. Life is what happens to you right now, while you are reading this. Thats you. Thats life.

- Philippos

Life is a game, play it; Life is a challenge, Meet it; Life is an opportunity, Capture it.

- Unknown

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which has the potential to turn a life around.

- Leo Buscaglia

Silence scares me...It gives me too much time to think..

- Unknown

"Don't be afraid of change. You may end up losing something good, but you will probably end up gaining something better."

- unknown

Here's to the moments when we didn't think about right or wrong; where we just lived, crossed our fingers and hoped for the best.

- Unknown :cool:

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

- Unknown

Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live.

- Goethe

Life is about those summer days and the sand between your toes and the smiles on your face. It's about comfy couches, rainy days, and those late night talks. It's about top down rides and wind in your face, those are the moments you've never felt so alive. It's about finding someone to hold onto, and knowing they're not holding anything back. It's about holding hands and pressing lips, giving it your best and having no regrets. Life isn't only about the destination, but the journey that gets us there.

- ashley e

In The End,
What we regret most are
the chances we never took

- Miss Julia

people say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes. *make it worth watching*

- Unknown

Don't just look, observe..
Don't just swallow, taste..
Don't just sleep, dream..
Don't just think, feel...
Don't just exist, live...

- Unknown

sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past .. stop planning the future .. stop trying to figure out precisely how we feel .. stop deciding with our mind what we want our heart to feel and sometimes we just have to go with "whatever..happens..happens"

- unknown *que sera sera/carpe diem*

If your problem has a solution then...why worry about it? If your problem doesn’t have solution then...why worry about it?

- Chinese Proverb
:nice: :worthy: :rock: I swear this thought runs through my head everyday whenever my mother is complaining about something either she has found a solution to solve something that has been bugging her...yet still finds something to complain about that will be solved by said solution or something is bugging her. Could of been me that said this :newwink:

:hug:

The Best Quotes - 1 to 10 link to more quotes.

wolfy

awsm
I often say that in making dances I can make a world where I think things are done morally, done democratically, done honestly.
Twyla Tharp

Optimism with some experience behind it is much more energizing than plain old experience with a certain degree of cynicism.
Twyla Tharp

The only thing I fear more than change is no change. The business of being static makes me nuts.
Twyla Tharp

When I get a chance to play golf or go on a boat with good people, take the boat out and put some lobsters on the grill, get the ice-cold beer and the cigars - that's heaven here on earth.
Bernie Mac

Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world.
Jack Nicholson

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nice ones wolfy especially the bernie mac one :yes:

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars."
Henry Van Dyke quotes

Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think."
Horace quotes

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth"
Henry Louis Mencken quotes

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
Ashley Smith quotes

Every man dies - Not every man really lives.”
William Ross Wallace quotes

I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?”
“Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.”
Robert Cody quotes

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”
Kahlil Gibran quotes

I’ve learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."”
meimei Maya Angelou quotes

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
Benjamin Franklin quotes

Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
Hans Christian Andersen quotes

So we must love while these moments are still called today, take part in the pain of this passion play, stretching our youth as we must, until we are ashes to dust, until time makes history of us.”

O for a life of sensations rather than of thoughts!”
John Keats quotes

The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.”
Lord Byron quotes

Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously.”
Og Mandino quotes

“For it's always fair weather - When good fellows get together- With a stein on the table and a good song ringing clear”
Richard Hovey quotes

To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.
~Emily Dickinson

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James

Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world. ~Ada Louise Huxtable

The sky and the strong wind have moved the spirit inside me
till I am carried away trembling with joy.
- Uvavnuk

The leaves lay like hands upon the ground.
When the wind rustles them, they applaud softly.
- Laura E. Stevens

Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Franz Kafka

Beauty as we feel it is something indescribable;
what it is or what it means can never be said.
- George Santayana

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves
of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is a
symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of the birds,
the ebb and flow of the tides, the folded bud ready for the spring.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring
after the winter. The lasting pleasures of contact with the natural
world...are available to anyone who will place himself under the
influence of earth, sea and sky and their amazing life.

- Rachel Carson (1907-1964)

Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains...”
Diane Ackerman quotes

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.”
James Dent quotes

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time”
John Lubbock quotes

In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer”
Albert Camus quotes

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Didn't read any so i don't know if this is posted here.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix

wolfy

awsm
Jimi Hendrix

picture.php

Here are some more Hendrix ones

All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.

Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually.

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

I don't have nothing to regret at all in the past, except that I might've unintentionally hurt somebody else or something.

I try to use my music to move these people to act.

I was trying to do too many things at the same time, which is my nature. But I was enjoying it, and I still do enjoy it.

If it was up to me, there wouldn't be no such thing as the establishment.

If I'm free, it's because I'm always running.

It all has to come from inside, though, I guess.

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

My nature just changes.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.

When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do.

We have time, there's no big rush.

When things get too heavy, just call me helium, the lightest known gas to man.

You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.

wolfy

awsm
James Taylor

Certain things in life are more important than the usual crap that everyone strives for.

I think people are isolated because of the nature of human consciousness, and they like it when they feel the connection between themselves and someone else.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.

We all have to face pain, and pain makes us grow.