• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Quotes for ISFP

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was pretty sure and I've heard this a lot that James Taylor was an INFP, he seems more deep and his songs seem pretty N.

wolfy

awsm
I was pretty sure and I've heard this a lot that James Taylor was an INFP, he seems more deep and his songs seem pretty N.

The thread is for quotes that might appeal to ISFP. Not quotes from ISFP.

wolfy

awsm
Albert Einstein

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

God always takes the simplest way.

Force always attracts men of low morality.

Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Information is not knowledge.

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.

Never lose a holy curiosity.

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm the one that's gonna have to die when its time for me to die, So let me live my life.. the way i want to - Jimi Hendrix

wolfy

awsm
Michael J Fox

Family is not an important thing, it's everything.

I'm also very proud to be a part of a trilogy of films that, if they do nothing else, allow people to check their problems at the door, sit down and have a good time.

I'm kind of private and I keep things inside a lot, but it's been so wonderful to realize that people care about you in a very deep way and that there is some bond between an actor and his audience. I don't even know how to describe that feeling.

The laughs mean more to me than the adoration. If two girls walk up to me and one says 'you're cute', I'll say thank you, but I appreciate it much more when the other one says 'you make me laugh so much'.

The oldest form of theater is the dinner table. It's got five or six people, new show every night, same players. Good ensemble; the people have worked together a lot.

You know what I want? The answer is, I truly don't know what I want. I don't want to do a television series. I want to do dramas as well as comedies, but I have no idea what kind or in what order. Just give me the chance at them.

Tracy is more a help to me than I am to her.

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
That which seems the height of absurdity in one generation often becomes the height of wisdom in the next. - John Stuart Mill

True artists are almost the only men who do their work with pleasure. - Auguste Rodin

True beauty consists in purity of heart. -Mahatma Gandhi

Politeness. The most acceptable hypocrisy. -Ambrose Bierce

wolfy

awsm
John Wooden
Some quotes for an ISFP to remember

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.

Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes.

It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.

Never mistake activity for achievement.

Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.

Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.

Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.

You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one.

wolfy

awsm
Joseph Campbell

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.

God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that.

I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.

I think the person who takes a job in order to live - that is to say, for the money - has turned himself into a slave.

I don't have to have faith, I have experience.

It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.

The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about.

Love is a friendship set to music.

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

wolfy

awsm
Hugh Macleod

Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it.

There's no correlation between creativity and equipment ownership. None. Zilch. Nada. Actually, as the artist gets more into his thing, and as he gets more successful, his number of tools tends to go down. He knows what works for him. Expending mental energy on stuff wastes time.

Question how much freedom your path affords you. Be utterly ruthless about it. It's your freedom that will get you to where you want to go.

The pain of making the necessary sacrifices always hurts more than you think it's going to. I know. It sucks. That being said, doing something seriously creative is one of the most amazing experiences one can have, in this or any other lifetime. If you can pull it off, it's worth it. Even if you don't end up pulling it off, you'll learn many incredible, magical, valuable things. It's NOT doing it when you know you full well you HAD the opportunity- that hurts FAR more than any failure.

If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.

Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside.

The first rule of business, is never sell something you love. Otherwise, you may as well be selling your children.

Art suffers the moment other people start paying for it. The more you need the money, the more people will tell you what to do. The less control you will have. The more bullshit you will have to swallow. The less joy it will bring. Know this and plan accordingly.

The only people who can change the world are people who want to. And not everybody does.

Your idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to be yours alone. The more the idea is yours alone, the more freedom you have to do something really amazing. The more amazing, the more people will click with your idea. The more people click with your idea, the more it will change the world.

Diluting your product to make it more 'commercial' will just make people like it less.

Everybody is too busy with their own lives to give a damn about your book, painting, screenplay etc, especially if you haven't sold it yet. And the ones that aren't, you don't want in your life anyway.

It's about what YOU are going to do with the short time you have left on this earth.

You have to find a way of working that makes it dead easy to take full advantage of your inspired moments. They never hit at a convenient time, nor do they last long.

Part of being a Master is learning how to sing in nobody else's voice but your own schtick.

Put your whole self into it, and you will find your true voice. Hold back and you won't. It's that simple.

You can’t love a crowd the same way you can love a person.
And a crowd can’t love you the way a single person can love you.
Intimacy doesn’t scale. Not really. Intimacy is a one-on-one phenomenon.

The best way to get approval is not to need it.

Anyone can be an idealist. Anyone can be a cynic. The hard part lies somewhere in the middle i.e. being human.

Stamina is utterly important. And stamina is only possible if it's managed well. People think all they need to do is endure one crazy, intense, job-free creative burst and their dreams will come true. They are wrong, they are stupidly wrong.

Put the hours in.

If you have the creative urge, it isn't going to go away. But sometimes it takes a while before you accept the fact.

From How To Be Creative

Sunny Ghost

Some great quotes here. Especially enjoyed the J.R.R. Tolkien quotes and Einstein quotes.

"Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional."-unknown.

"There are two ways to live your life: one as though nothing is a miracle. The other as though everything is a miracle." -einstein.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge of Truth & Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." -einstein.

"Live life as life lives itself." -lao tso.

"Don't let the muggles bring you down!" -ron weasley (from harry potter).

I always try to keep this in mind: "Life happens. Stress is optional." -unknown.

"It is better to live your destiny imperfectly, than to live an imitation of someone elses life with perfection." -bhagavad gita.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." scott adams.

"All misery derives from the inability to sit in a quiet room alone." -unknown.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -mlk jr.

"Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -dr. seuss.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -j.k. rowling.

"People are not lazy. They simply have goals that do not inspire them. Remember to follow your heart. What inspires you?" -unknown.

"To do, is to be." -nietzsche.
"To be, is to do." -kant.
"Do be, do be, do." -sinatra.

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." -john lennon.

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -albus dumbledore (harry potter).

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to our friends." -albus dumbledore (harry potter).

(I think J.K. Rowling is a genius... so another from Harrry potter...) "I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind... at these times, I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, poors them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure." -albus dumbledore. (if only we could actually do this!)

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -nietzsche.

"Let no one ever come near you without leaving better and happier." -mother teresa.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reasona nd your own common sense." -buddha.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"You are what you settle for." -Janis Joplin

I'm aware this could be applied to anyone, but as someone who frequently tries to be agreeable and "pleasant" in person, this is something I have to constantly remind myself of. I often risk not recognizing my own feelings about a situation until after it's already created major conflict for me. And I often forget how much I inadvertently disrespect myself by doing that.

From what I've gathered about ISFPs, trying hard to coexist peacefully and such is very common for us.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These were created by some AI generator I mess around with called InspiroBot, so that's why they read a little weird, but I still think they're suitable.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure if anyone else would relate to this for any reasons ISFP-related. "I've no heart for gain or gold; it is the end of the world." (song- 'Don't Go,' Robots in Disguise)

I like it simply because it seems to suggest that time is never promised, and if you forget that, you're likely doomed to live in vain.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
“I’m too drunk to taste this chicken”