• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, what do you spend most of your time thinking about?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stolen from NT's :)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
All sorts of things, and sometimes nothing.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Building up my weapon. Making myself better. Enjoying my memories. Different case scenarios, tangent scenarios and the most likely outcome - but only one can be the most likely.

The thrill of the hunt and stalking my prey.

[Edit] In other words, stuff.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sex
Music
Working Out
The Beach
New Parties, New People
Smelling the Roses...

:cheese:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, the first thing that popped into my head when reading the question was "boobs", but honestly, I spend most of my time thinking about whatever opportunity is right in front of me in the current moment.

wolfy

awsm
I spend a lot of time thinking about conversations I am going to have. Thoughts pop into my head, things I could say. It's not really a conscious focus. It's not practice, it's just ideas that pop into my mind and I end up thinking and imagining how that idea would flow.

I do the same kind of thing with stuff to do also. An idea pops up and I mull it over.

A lot of the time I am thinking about what I am going to do the next day, the next hour, the next minute, or the next second.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I spend a lot of time thinking about conversations I am going to have. Thoughts pop into my head, things I could say. It's not really a conscious focus. It's not practice, it's just ideas that pop into my mind and I end up thinking and imagining how that idea would flow.

I do the same kind of thing with stuff to do also. An idea pops up and I mull it over.

A lot of the time I am thinking about what I am going to do the next day, the next hour, the next minute, or the next second.

Agreed. Honestly though, my mind can be summed up in two notes:

1. Completely random. My mind wanders through it's days, sometimes thinking about what's present/i should be focused on, sometimes not. But...

2. Always running. My mind never just turns off. It is always doing something, usually thinking about 1, but when it isn't busy with 1, it just begins to pick up even more information about what's going on around me. If you ever watched my eyes, you'd think I'm a criminal. They're always moving and scanning/observing/examining the world around me. When I'm not lost in thought, even more so.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think a lot about what is happening around me at the moment and then go on short tangents related to something around me. so maybe i will see this guy here who breeds show dogs, and i will start thinking about what kind of dog i would have if i had a dog, then i will think about how much my aunt enjoys working as a dog trainer, then start thinking about my aunt's friendship with her sister (my mother). then my mind will snap back to my immediate surroundings and i will go off on another tangent. my thoughts are completely driven by what is happening around me.

i think a lot about tangible things, not ideas or concepts. i think a lot about things i have seen, memories, or experiences i have had.
i am finding it difficult for me to analyze my thinking process. thinking about thinking is too conceptual for me, i loose interest. i would rather think about a chair or something.

If you ever watched my eyes, you'd think I'm a criminal. They're always moving and scanning/observing/examining the world around me. When I'm not lost in thought, even more so.

i do the same thing, although with my whole head, not my eyes. i turn my head a lot to look at things around me. however, when i am lost in thought it is like some kind of trance, and i stare at nothing for great lengths of time.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But, but, have you ever considered - combining all of those?!

In progress, trying to keep thorns of roses out of lingerie.

I think I'll have to build a platform to keep the sand off my balls.

;)

phoenity

I move my eyes and head around a lot as well.

My NT friends told me yesterday that they thought I was insane. I said we're all insane - you guys are just a different type of insane therefore you don't understand my insanity.

Sometimes they'll ask me what I'm thinking about, as if this constant sensing implied that I was thinking in the way they think about things. Usually it's not much at all, especially if nothing interesting is going on. Even if I can tell them what I'm thinking, it's never really interesting to them. It's always something direct and blunt - nothing to fuel their Ne.

I can't turn it off either. My mind is always taking in sensory information and processing it. I can definitely understand what millerm277 said about it making us look like we're up to no good.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Sometimes they'll ask me what I'm thinking about, as if this constant sensing implied that I was thinking in the way they think about things. Usually it's not much at all, especially if nothing interesting is going on. Even if I can tell them what I'm thinking, it's never really interesting to them. It's always something direct and blunt - nothing to fuel their Ne.
Hilarious. My boyfriend (ISTP) and I go through this every so often. I almost always laugh out loud after receiving his answer to my question, "What are you thinking about?" (Asked because he looks lost in serious thought.)

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
phoenity, i have the same experience. sometimes when i tell someone what i am thinking they seem disappointed. i almost expect them to say "oh really, that's it?"

do you ever find it off-putting or annoying when people ask you 'what are you thinking?'

also, when someone does ask you what you're thinking, do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts? do you ever feel like you don't exactly know what you're thinking?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea, I'm usually pretty blank in the mind- just taking in my own surroundings.- Sometimes thinking in a stream of images, kind of like one of those digital picture frames. When i'm actually thinking hard on something, its usually career or relationship related, or something about the current day or the next day, or the day before. Maybe a couple of days later if its important. :)

Sometimes i'm thinking about the next task, or the current task. Or the previous task. Pretty boring, doesn't span a whole lot of topics.

At night when I go to bed I imagine some nice things like going to the beach or the next camping trip, or sitting around a fire, or something like that. These are the times i'll wake my boyfriend up to say. "WE SHOULD GO KAYAKING THIS WEEKEND!!" And he's like eh? That's as futuristic as my mind wanders for the most part.

I have that thing too, when I look like i'm in deep thought- people close to me will ask me what i'm thinking about, when i'm probably just off on one of those image streams or staring at some pretty flower or something. I've mentioned this on the forum before, that I call it "screensaver" when that happens. To explain it to people who truly just do not believe that I'm not thinking about anything.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Shifty eyes, it's interesting when I'm on the train everyone around me either goes to sleep, or goes into like a trance with their eyes straight forward staring at a middle distance. I seem to be the only one that is constantly looking around, no one else seems to be there in the moment.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Unfortunately, my crush :wubbie: but he fades into the back of my mind as soon as I do school-related activities.

If neither of the two, I think about doing things people around me would never think of me doing it. To be specific, here they are:

-Being an actress
-Performing in a music video
-Singing before a large crowd
-Being a representative for our school's beauty contest

I admit, I have some pretty outrageous fantasies...because I'm a shy introvert.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
What do I think about???
  • chocolate
  • watering my garden before it rains (huh???)
  • gardens in general
  • mulch
  • what cat food will both cats eat and not turn up their tails and walk away?
  • making my friend Carmen's baby laugh
  • singing for a big audience!
  • chocolate
  • taking a day-long walk
  • sunshine
  • my nephew's wedding in July
  • how to put my afghan together
  • sleeping
  • chocolate
  • when will these wars end
    • chocolate...

phoenity

phoenity, i have the same experience. sometimes when i tell someone what i am thinking they seem disappointed. i almost expect them to say "oh really, that's it?"

do you ever find it off-putting or annoying when people ask you 'what are you thinking?'

also, when someone does ask you what you're thinking, do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts? do you ever feel like you don't exactly know what you're thinking?

It's definitely annoying. If I was thinking about something that I felt needed to be shared, I would share it.

The wandering eyes, which I guess appears to outsiders as "thinking", perhaps because it seems like my eyes are looking for something, is simply sensing, taking in of visual (and all other sensory) information about my surroundings. It's automatic, it's the very core of my perception of reality.

It's almost like a computer. Sensing is taking in information about reality, my immediate environment, all physical objective information, and processes it through thinking. Thinking determines what that information means and decides what to do with it. Usually it's quick and easily understood, something I've seen before, in which case it's stored in RAM as quick access for future use. If it's not something I've seen before, thinking will process it longer until it knows what to do with it. Sometimes this requires sensing more data about that thing, in which case my eyes will be fixed on this for a longer period.

After I've absorbed so much information about my environment, it's like thinking sits idle at a command prompt, waiting for something else to process. When a problem arises, when something needs to be done, thinking processes it using sensory information stored in RAM.

Essentially I'm a robot. I take in sensory information and store it. When I'm thinking, I'm thinking about the information I'm taking in, perhaps relating it to similar information, thinking about what I can do with this information. The main objective of my mind is information intake, processing and storage, then idling looking for someway to use this information in a practical way, to solve a problem, make trouble, do something fun, etc. The objective is not thinking, or evolution of a thought or idea; the objective is to DO, and typically, it's oriented in the immediate moment, or not-too-far-off future, like a couple days.

Unique

Yea, I'm usually pretty blank in the mind- just taking in my own surroundings.- Sometimes thinking in a stream of images, kind of like one of those digital picture frames. When i'm actually thinking hard on something, its usually career or relationship related, or something about the current day or the next day, or the day before. Maybe a couple of days later if its important. :)

Sometimes i'm thinking about the next task, or the current task. Or the previous task. Pretty boring, doesn't span a whole lot of topics.

At night when I go to bed I imagine some nice things like going to the beach or the next camping trip, or sitting around a fire, or something like that. These are the times i'll wake my boyfriend up to say. "WE SHOULD GO KAYAKING THIS WEEKEND!!" And he's like eh? That's as futuristic as my mind wanders for the most part.

I have that thing too, when I look like i'm in deep thought- people close to me will ask me what i'm thinking about, when i'm probably just off on one of those image streams or staring at some pretty flower or something. I've mentioned this on the forum before, that I call it "screensaver" when that happens. To explain it to people who truly just do not believe that I'm not thinking about anything.

I love it!

For me its pretty much the same, I'm usually looking around at my surroundings taking it in but sometimes my Ti will entertain me with some random :)

I rarely look absent minded really... people talk to me so much whenever I'm in public places its ridiculous!!

Catching a train to the city I'll probably have a random conversation with 3 strangers, none of which started by me haha