• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] isfp vs. esfp

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I took the test on my personality.info page.
It said that I am an esfp, not an isfp.
Here are the results:

Extraverted: 100% Introverted 0%
Sensing: 84% Intuition: 16%
Thinking: 37% Feeling: 63%
Judging: 21% Perceiving: 79%

Here are my questions because I never believed that I was 100% E or even 59% E (I just made that number up).
How accurate is this test?
There was no mention of parties or crowds or noisy activities (all of the things that I tend to avoid with my wonderful sensitive ears).
Feel free to ask me questions.
Tootaloo.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
It was the test that you recommended on the what kind of SP am I thread.
Here is the link:
If you're 50-50, you could go to MyPersonality.info - Personality Types and Multiple Intelligences Tests & Information and take the test.

What test was that?

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Oh yeah, that test. Before someone takes a test, they say:

We recommend reading the personality types information provided below since no test can determine your type with 100% accuracy. This test serves as a tool to assist you in determining your type.

I believe that there is a possibility of the site to mistype people, so it's better that a better(?) version of the personality type test be administered by someone who has credits to administer it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That is a good point.
I think that I'll stick with the earlier test that was properly administered, in which the results were 50-50 for I vs. E. I really don't know which letter applies to me more but it probably doesn't really matter. The letters are really sort of a guide to help me to understand who I am. With the I vs. E, it's not working, so that's that. I'll just let it go for now, unless anyone has any suggestions for me.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think it may be that test, but I've never come back with such a high E score than that one.

150137.png

Maybe we're just weird? (hopefully)

maliafee

That is a good point.
I think that I'll stick with the earlier test that was properly administered, in which the results were 50-50 for I vs. E. I really don't know which letter applies to me more but it probably doesn't really matter. The letters are really sort of a guide to help me to understand who I am. With the I vs. E, it's not working, so that's that. I'll just let it go for now, unless anyone has any suggestions for me.

Maybe take a look at my Socionics ISFp profile thread (in new threads 2nd page or so right now) and see if you relate.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I couldn't find it, but I found this description:
You are the
ISFp

ISFps are quiet, serious, sensitive and kind.
quiet: um, not always. I have great motormouth potential, which I frequently achieve!
serious: yes, I can be at times, but I am also very silly... but that would not preclude me from ISFP-hood.:yes:
sensitive: very
kind: I hope so

Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict.
This is very true. I really dislike conflict a lot.

Loyal and faithful.
Yes.

Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty.
Definitely, yes.

Not interested in leading or controlling others.
That is true. I don't like to be bossed around so I prefer not to control others, too.

Flexible and open-minded.
For the most part, that is true. My mom claims that, if you're too open-minded, your brain will fall out. I suppose that I'll just have to risk that and hope that the brain would be easy to reattach (but I digress...)

Likely to be original and creative.
At least, I try to be.

Enjoy the present moment.
It's the only moment that counts.
:hi:
Maybe take a look at my Socionics ISFp profile thread (in new threads 2nd page or so right now) and see if you relate.

maliafee

Here's the link, and I'll copy-paste the subtypes below. The Si subtype is quieter, the Fe subtype appears very extroverted at times (me).

LINK:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rsonality-matrices/17172-socionics-isfps.html

ISFp SUBTYPES

Si subtype: (The Hedonist)
(Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) Their dialogue provides the impression of a quiet, soft person. They love rest and comfort, and they are practical and attempt to portray refined taste. They are often engaged in fine art as a hobby. They are benevolent and tactful, their presence pacifies others. They try to sympathize with others, assist them and provide advice. They like to speak about sensations and attentively questions the interlocutor in regards to his/her affairs. They are often sluggish in behavior, slow in conversation, and they can slightly stretch out their words; sometimes without any formulated idea. Even when speaking rapidly, they will not hasten to end the conversation; They are able to speak long about the same thing repeatedly. They constantly smile with confidence, nod their head as a token of support, have lazy, smooth movements and refined, graceful gestures. May appear to waddle, or have “duck” gait, but their clothes and accessories are sometimes able to draw the attention of others.
(Victor Gulenko) Possess a good aesthetical taste; this can manifest in their clothing, interior decoration, and job. This artist is frequently drawn to depicting landscapes and still lifes. They are a judge of the savoir vivre; for them, comfort is very important. They are sybarites and take care of their external appearance. They are hedonists, and they love to provide pleasure both to themselves and to others. Outwardly, they are a bit more stout than the ethical subtype.
(Sexual behaviour) they are very sexual, inventive and diverse in their intimate plans. Although appearing soft, they persistently display initiative in the approach. Knows how to persuade. Diplomatic and farsighted; love stability in relations and will not easily forgive betrayal. They are inclined to emotional enthusiasm, but do not always follow the call of their feelings. They need someone capable of winning their respect and admiration through uncommon abilities – these will aid for a long time in preserving their interest.

Fe subtype: (The Harmonizer) <- I relate to this, personally.
(Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) They appear alive, emotional and free in their dialogue. They are able to easily string together lines of dialogue while willingly paying compliments; this ease carries a shade of familiarity. Shyness can be overcome by playful remarks; they easily speak ironically in a serious/valid tone. They often joke and can speak even of unpleasant things with a smile, but they are sure not to offend the person; they are precautionary and careful. At times they are impatient and restless, from time to time they quarrel with others but are easily appeased and forgiving. Usually optimistic; like to give and receive pleasure; often gives people compliments and often renders various services; are able to cheer up and encourage others. Seem serene for they are prone to hide negative emotions from strangers/simple acquaintances. They speak quickly and confidently, at times categorically, with imperative intonations. Appears noticeable and quick, at times significant; movements are assured and graceful but a little bit gusty.
(Victor Gulenko) Emotional ethics are intensified. They are emotionally expressive and sociable, enters easily into any company, appears to be an extrovert. Loves practical and spacious clothes, about which they are not very choosy – they can also walk around shabbily. Artistic, frequently performs the role of instigator. They easily find themselves in amateur artistic activity, can be a musician, actor, advertising agent, or poet.
(Sexual behaviour) They are romantic in love, emotional and eloquent. Are reasonable and yielding yet often touchy and wounded; subjected to sharp fluctuations of mood. They may hurry events and manifest impatience. Values frequent sexual contacts. Frequently inconstant in their feelings, but very attentive to those whom they love. At first, they can be tormented by uncertainty, then, intrigued, they are able to take the initiative. When interest in their partner lessens, he can be energized with mild jealousies.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I thought ISFPs were Fi + Se, and Si + Fe was ISFJ

maliafee

I thought ISFPs were Fi + Se, and Si + Fe was ISFJ

This is Socionics, which uses different functions. If you click on the link I posted, you can read a detailed description of each. Makes a lot of sense, but that's just me. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh, I didn't see the word "socionics" on my first read of that. :tongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hm... I think my personality info is the test that gave me 100% E, too.

carrina

MBTI Type
SEE,

ISFp
Si Fe Ti Ne
ISFP
Fi Se Ni Te
ISFj
Fi Se Ni Te
ISFJ
si fe ti ne

If an ISFP is scratching their head saying "hm. I dunno what the problem is. I don't relate to this Socionics type at all.
Socionics ISFp has nothing in common with MBTI ISFP