• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Which SP am I?

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I've identified with the SPs, and I know I am one. So, which one? I'm fairly clueless as to which one I am, all of the descriptions sound like me. x.x

Unique

Firstly do you feel?

Would you listen to your brain or your heart?

Do you use logic most of the time when talking or speak more emotionally?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's pretty hard to tell honestly with the SPs, when they congregate in threads together they all seem to have the same sort of attitude, they are playful etc. It's difficult.

Do you relate to Fi or Ti?

wolfy

awsm
Would you say 'Can you buy milk' or would you say 'there's no milk left' ?
Do you tend to allude to stuff or are you direct?

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
P or J: When things are left undone, how do you feel MOST of the time/what do you say to yourself?

S or N: Do you like a problem to be solved in a step-by-step procedure OR a problem that you have to find out for yourself on how to solve it?

E or I: Do you voice out your thoughts OR do you keep it to yourself MOST of the time?

F or T: Do you feel empathetic/sympathetic towards others OR do you feel like criticising them in vulnerable situations(i.e. crying, feeling hopeless, depressed)?

It's better if you answer these questions based on your childhood and teenage life(if you're not one of these two anymore). The former is the time when your dominant function is expressing while the latter is the time when your auxiliary function is expressing.

If you're 50-50, you could go to MyPersonality.info - Personality Types and Multiple Intelligences Tests & Information and take the test.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I've identified with the SPs, and I know I am one. So, which one? I'm fairly clueless as to which one I am, all of the descriptions sound like me. x.x
Sometimes going back and reviewing your initial thoughts may help. I will refer back to this thread where we discussed your possibly being an ENTJ. If you are quite sure about your SP preference, then I would look at either the Chart the Course or In Charge style.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The vibe you give off reminds me of the other ISXPs I've run into.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
Next question:

Do you relate to Jeffster?

lol

Yes, always.

Would you say 'Can you buy milk' or would you say 'there's no milk left' ?

"If you happen to go to the store, we need milk. And this is why... blah blah blah."

P or J: When things are left undone, how do you feel MOST of the time/what do you say to yourself? I really should be doing that. I really need to get that done! Eh, I'll do it tomorrow.

S or N: Do you like a problem to be solved in a step-by-step procedure OR a problem that you have to find out for yourself on how to solve it? Step by Step, for the love of Pete! (I love strategy guides for games, for example. I analyze all of them I can find and make my own hybrid strategy based on the best of the best advice.

E or I: Do you voice out your thoughts OR do you keep it to yourself MOST of the time? I talk either too little or too much. Usually too much, I guess.

F or T: Do you feel empathetic/sympathetic towards others OR do you feel like criticising them in vulnerable situations(i.e. crying, feeling hopeless, depressed)? It really depends. If someone is being pathetic, I tell them so. But everyone needs a good cry every once in a while.

Sometimes going back and reviewing your initial thoughts may help. I will refer back to this thread where we discussed your possibly being an ENTJ. If you are quite sure about your SP preference, then I would look at either the Chart the Course or In Charge style.

I think my shadow was in control then, seriously. Oh, and I thought I was an ENTP because I confused innovation with creative problem solving. I love solving a problem in a creative way no one else would think of. But it has to have a reason. I'm never just brilliant for the sake of being brilliant. Come on... what's the point in that? I'll review the interaction styles again, but if it's anything like last time, I won't be able to see myself. :p I can do everything too well, I guess... so it's hard to identify what I do naturally.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Salty in the thread, I suggested that you get hold of Berens interaction style booklet and read some of the pages. I am unsure why you even thought that you were ISFP. If you know that your temperament is SP then simply determine your interaction style and move on. You will always have days that you question your E/I-ness and for good reason. However you can at some point determine that you are an introvert developing their extraverted auxiliary or vice-versa.

Last edited:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking ISTP fits the salty wench, ISTPs are cool :D (I don't have an argument here, it's just a guess)

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I am unsure why you even thought that you were ISFP..

I considered ISFP because I have some of the traits listed in their type descriptions. Increased sensitivity to texture. The ridiculous and humiliating tendency to bring home stray animals just because I'm drawn to animals in general, despite the fact that I actually view them as a waste of time since most of them have no personality at all and just poop and eat. :p The avoidance of conflict... though I'm really good at it if I'm forced into a confrontation, and it doesn't bother me that much at all. The borderline need for personalization.

I finally did the no-brainer thing and had one of my friends identify my interaction style. She said it was Chart-the-Course, no question. She then identified herself, her family, her boss... etc. The interaction styles are really easy to use... in the right hands.

I reviewed the four types that use Chart-the-Course, for the sake of thoroughness, and ISTP fits best. My most beloved friend is an ENFJ... what's up with that? >.>

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I considered ISFP because I have some of the traits listed in their type descriptions. Increased sensitivity to texture. The ridiculous and humiliating tendency to bring home stray animals just because I'm drawn to animals in general, despite the fact that I actually view them as a waste of time since most of them have no personality at all and just poop and eat. :p The avoidance of conflict... though I'm really good at it if I'm forced into a confrontation, and it doesn't bother me that much at all. The borderline need for personalization.
I think that all sensing types are sensitive to texture and color, so that could narrow it, but you could be SJ as well. I love animals, however I don’t bring home strays although I had a good ISTJ friend who did….. and oh by the way on the latter bolded part, do you resonate with this:
If I get into a situation where I feel very strongly and can’t articulate the words or can’t win, I just don’t say anything. I tend to put up with conflict rather than deal with it. I try to deal with stress, but I am not necessarily a good confronter. I would like to be more of a stress avoider.

I can’t stand people who don’t care for others, who are irresponsible or rude, who shoot their mouth off without knowing what they are talking about or who don’t do what they are supposed to do and want something for nothing. I especially can’t tolerate people who don’t take other people’s time or privacy into consideration.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
If I get into a situation where I feel very strongly and can’t articulate the words or can’t win, I just don’t say anything. I tend to put up with conflict rather than deal with it. I try to deal with stress, but I am not necessarily a good confronter. I would like to be more of a stress avoider.

I can’t stand people who don’t care for others, who are irresponsible or rude, who shoot their mouth off without knowing what they are talking about or who don’t do what they are supposed to do and want something for nothing. I especially can’t tolerate people who don’t take other people’s time or privacy into consideration.

Yes, I do identify with this somewhat. Mostly the bold part.

I can't think of the last time I've been unable to articulate the words that described how I was feeling and what I was thinking. I could be mistaken, but I think I'm a good confronter... a little too good, since blasting someone thoroughly to hell will get you nowhere fast most of the time, and it can lead to guilt later.

Putting up with conflict actually stresses me out and I absolutely have to get things off my chest most of the time, otherwise I'll stew and then blow up about something completely irrelevant and unrelated later. I thoroughly think a good fight clears the air, and for anyone who finds that hard to stomach, I'm pretty much unbearable. :devil:

ISFPs are cooler.

>.>
Actually from what I can tell, there isn't a type I dislike. They're all great in their own unique ways.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I considered ISFP because I have some of the traits listed in their type descriptions.
Years ago when I was attempting to determine my type, I noticed that I could relate somewhat to all the types that I thought I may be and that covered the gamut from INTP to ESTP. The problem was that I was reading line-for-line, discarding the things that did not fit. That was my Ti at work and was not helping me. What I had to learn is not to dissect the description and read it as a whole. Once I did that it was obvious that I was not NT or NF, but appreciated that we have some of all the temperaments in us. However we do prefer one as our dominant and at least one as our secondary preference. The same goes for interaction styles.

Attempting to determine your type by test and/or reading a description is futile because we are so subjective and because the descriptions are created to cover a vast number of types and behaviors. That is why the bestfittype descriptions worked for me, since they are in the first person and dictated by people who actually confirmed they were that type. If you notice when reading them, you do not find the usual cliches and stereotypes in them that you find in descriptions authored on mere theory of what that type may be like.

Sounds like it may be to your advantage to start from scratch and try looking at the information from a different angle. As I have said, it's easy to determine your best fit type (notice that Berens/Nardi never says exact type since that is an illusion and Jung says we're not 100% of any type) by determining your primary temperament (there is a good test on that page), then your interaction style. After that everything else falls into place. You are not depending on one system, but a number of systems working collaboratively. Good luck.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
The problem was that I was reading line-for-line, discarding the things that did not fit. That was my Ti at work and was not helping me.

Oh. Yes, that's exactly what I've always done. That explains a lot.

The core needs are to have the freedom to act without hindrance and to see a marked result from action. People of this temperament highly value aesthetics, whether in nature or art. Their energies are focused on skillful performance, variety, and stimulation. They tend toward pragmatic, utilitarian actions with a focus on technique. They trust their impulses and have a drive to action. They learn best experientially and when they see the relevance of what they are learning to what they are doing. They enjoy hands-on, applied learning with a fast pace and freedom to explore.
Want the freedom to choose the next act. Seek to have impact, to get results. Want to be graceful, bold, and impressive. Generally are excited and optimistic. Are absorbed in the action of the moment. Are oriented toward the present. Seek adventure and stimulation. Hunger for spontaneity. Trust impulses, luck, and their ability to solve any problem they run into. Think in terms of variation. Have a talent for noticing and describing rich detail, constantly seeking relevant information. Like freedom to move, festivities, and games. Tend to be natural negotiators. Seize opportunities. Usually are gifted tacticians, deciding the best move to make in the moment, the expedient action to take. Are frequently drawn to all kinds of work that requires variation on a theme.

Looking at it holistically, this one is definitely my primary temperament.

The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this style focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

This is the closest. The others could only be related to by reading line-by-line.

I'm an extremely loyal person, and I think that although I really hate social stuff (only because I never know what I'm supposed to be saying or doing)... I'm actually really nice to people. Helping them solve their problems makes me feel all warm inside. One of the best things in the world is to pretend I have no need for something I happen to own that someone else could use. The only thing I dislike about giving is being uncomfortable at their emotional response. I am drawn to it, the smiles or tears... yet at the same time I must avert my gaze, I must crack a joke, lighten things up, downplay the moment. For that reason, it looks like I don't like the emotional stuff, which is untrue. Is it possible for an ISTP to feel this way?