• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Which SP am I?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh. Yes, that's exactly what I've always done. That explains a lot.

Looking at it holistically, this one is definitely my primary temperament.

This is the closest. The others could only be related to by reading line-by-line.

I'm an extremely loyal person, and I think that although I really hate social stuff (only because I never know what I'm supposed to be saying or doing)... I'm actually really nice to people. Helping them solve their problems makes me feel all warm inside. One of the best things in the world is to pretend I have no need for something I happen to own that someone else could use. The only thing I dislike about giving is being uncomfortable at their emotional response. I am drawn to it, the smiles or tears... yet at the same time I must avert my gaze, I must crack a joke, lighten things up, downplay the moment. For that reason, it looks like I don't like the emotional stuff, which is untrue. Is it possible for an ISTP to feel this way?

I'm going to add I do the same thing I am drawn to it but usually don't like to focus to much on it and will try to say something lighthearted, whatever or for a gift.

"oh cool i can use this for this" or " thank you, you rememebered" usually swats them away haha just doesn't feel natural.

ahhh and the giving thing yeah i agree there too about the emotional responce I feel like "oh it's nothing" or i'll just give the gift away from others eyes so i don't feel embarassed.

I personally feel very uncomfortable at when someone gives me something and is waiting for me to react i feel i have to put on a show of expression more then i'm used too.

Cause even when i like something I usually just say "thanks it's so cool" and then they'll say "what you don't like it" *that's where i drown like huh? :huh:* "of course i do" or something similar/reason.

I don't know if this was much help but i thought as an isp i'd pitch in.
was it helpful? ;).

I don't know if i can much help on the ISTP part but maybe on ISP part?
:hug:

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm going to add I do the same thing I am drawn to it but usually don't like to focus to much on it and will try to say something lighthearted, whatever or for a gift.

"oh cool i can use this for this" or " thank you, you rememebered" usually swats them away haha just doesn't feel natural.

ahhh and the giving thing yeah i agree there too about the emotional responce I feel like "oh it's nothing" or i'll just give the gift away from others eyes so i don't feel embarassed.

I personally feel very uncomfortable at when someone gives me something and is waiting for me to react i feel i have to put on a show of expression more then i'm used too.

Cause even when i like something I usually just say "thanks it's so cool" and then they'll say "what you don't like it" *that's where i drown like huh? :huh:* "of course i do" or something similar/reason.

I don't know if this was much help but i thought as an isp i'd pitch in.
was it helpful? ;).

I don't know if i can much help on the ISTP part but maybe on ISP part?
:hug:

OMG, the discomfort of actually receiving a gift! My palms are sweating just thinking about it, seriously! The discomfort is so incredibly bad. I have to put on a show of gratitude. It's not that I am ever ungrateful, far from it... but I'm just elated inside, you know what I mean? I am very happy that I know how to express it outwardly, even if it feels a touch put on. I love my family, who are usually the givers of gifts in my life, and they are worth the effort, lol.

Yes, this is helpful. :D Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. :hug: *now feels awkward* :devil:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I'm an extremely loyal person, and I think that although I really hate social stuff (only because I never know what I'm supposed to be saying or doing)... I'm actually really nice to people. Helping them solve their problems makes me feel all warm inside.
From the Analyzer Operator description
I don’t like the social stuff. It takes too much time, too much energy….I never really know what I’m supposed to be saying. I have only a few close friends that I really see a lot. Yet people have seen me as someone very lively and talkative.
Contrast this with the Promoter Executors
I don’t have a whole lot of really deep friendships, but yet I like to think people would describe me as dedicated, determined, and loyal. I sometimes have difficulty concealing what I am thinking or feeling. I don’t like the pressure of having to say no. I can be somewhat cool but a genuine friend as a personal relationship evolves. Trustworthiness in personal relationships is very important, that we can disagree and still be friends, and if our backs were ever to the wall, I’m there and I would expect the same.
One of the best things in the world is to pretend I have no need for something I happen to own that someone else could use. The only thing I dislike about giving is being uncomfortable at their emotional response. I am drawn to it, the smiles or tears... yet at the same time I must avert my gaze, I must crack a joke, lighten things up, downplay the moment. For that reason, it looks like I don't like the emotional stuff, which is untrue. Is it possible for an ISTP to feel this way?
I do, but can’t speak for other ISTPs. I was attempting locate the description referencing to the ISTP being intensely emotional. However I did find this at personalitypage.com
Although the ISTP does not usually have a well-developed Feeling side, they frequently do have intense feelings for people. They can feel overpowering love although they are likely not to express their emotions, or to express them inadequately or inappropriately if they do venture towards expression…..

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
One of the best things in the world is to pretend I have no need for something I happen to own that someone else could use. The only thing I dislike about giving is being uncomfortable at their emotional response. I am drawn to it, the smiles or tears... yet at the same time I must avert my gaze, I must crack a joke, lighten things up, downplay the moment. For that reason, it looks like I don't like the emotional stuff, which is untrue. Is it possible for an ISTP to feel this way?

OMG, the discomfort of actually receiving a gift! My palms are sweating just thinking about it, seriously! The discomfort is so incredibly bad. I have to put on a show of gratitude. It's not that I am ever ungrateful, far from it... but I'm just elated inside, you know what I mean?

i agree with both these statements.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG, the discomfort of actually receiving a gift! My palms are sweating just thinking about it, seriously! The discomfort is so incredibly bad. I have to put on a show of gratitude. It's not that I am ever ungrateful, far from it... but I'm just elated inside, you know what I mean? I am very happy that I know how to express it outwardly, even if it feels a touch put on. I love my family, who are usually the givers of gifts in my life, and they are worth the effort, lol.

Yes, this is helpful. :D Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. :hug: *now feels awkward* :devil:

:hi: So glad it was helpful for you :hug. Absolutely of any help i can be i try :newwink:. I get ya on feeling awkward hehe :devil:.

actually receiving could feel the heart beating haha out of nervousness and preparing in my head okay just put on a smile/ act alittle more gregarious then your used too just so they know you loove it to pieces. :newwink:.

yes exactly SW :hug:, it just feels so weird like before hand
"what do i say?" then i'll think okay just say what you always say *XD* thank you/it's awesome/ smells pretty/ or my favorite fragrance/movie/whatever thank you* and a hug*.

my cheeks hurt so much though from all the smiling.
I definitely know what you mean there Salty. I am always so grateful for people's thoughtfulness in gifts or even that they got me something but i do notice a feeling of

" i hope they don't stare at me as i'm opening the gift/card cause even if i love it it's like*awkward/uncomfortable*

I do notice i can demonstrate gratefulness but it as you said it feel just a tad put on but i want my family/friends to know that i love it even though i seem out of place.

You got it exactly I love my family and I think it's worth the effort to demonstrate that expression to get it across i love it...thank you XD.

Also as a women they kinda of expect you to be all :cry:....omg it's....*blows nose....:boohoo:* beautiful *hug fest time haha*

I wonder could this be an ISP thing cause Fi is introverted like Ti so we probably can understand each other on feeling awkwaaaarrrd *xD* on outward expression. I notice some istp's are experiencing something similar.

I'm so glad it was helpful for you salty :hug: to you.

oh and the quote from "?"
"Although the ISTP does not usually have a well-developed Feeling side, they frequently do have intense feelings for people. They can feel overpowering love although they are likely not to express their emotions, or to express them inadequately or inappropriately if they do venture towards expression….."

I have to agree on that as well, can feel such admiration/intense care and love for someone but i will hardly ever express it through words.

It's more just being there silently for them or being in silent awwe of them but rarely do they hear this unless i see it's merit like to my mother/"really" close friend.

If i do express it, it seems to come out alright but i still notice like a okay let's move on i feel awkward or out of place *usually tell a joke/try to point out something funny or weird in the environment/tv/radio/nature/anything/change subject heh*