• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Calling all SPs... opinions on INTJs

mystify529

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hi, :hi: I have a question for all the SPs out there particularly ESFPs..

What are your feelings/opinions on INTJs? I am curious to know since SPs, particularly ESFPs are totally different from us.

ESFPs represent a pretty good number of the population, and INTJs on the other hand are one of the rarest personalities out there..

So if you could fill in your rants, likes, complaints, whatever I would very much appreciate them..:cheese:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My brother is INTJ, I am ESTP.

He's very cool. A quiet fellow to most, but will open up in the right company. Brilliant, reserved, brutal when necessary, but hands down has been very good to me my whole life, so I understand him and love him for who he is.

I know I've made him laugh over the years, and I know I've annoyed the hell out of him too at times, but we are very close even though we are 10 years apart.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:(
I don't know many of them.
The couple that i've known and typed for sure I haven't been able to connect with. They seem boring and lifeless to me. Criticizing and lacking interest in everything fun.
Yet once they relax a bit, its pretty satisfying for an ESFP. Like we've done our job and made someone loosen up a little!

Wish I knew more for a better and more well-rounded opinion!

They are the type that i've known the fewest of.

maliafee

LOVE INTJs. My big brother is one. He inspires me to think about things beyond what I normally might. He's the only one who can get me to begin to discuss philosophy or anything like that. But we actually mainly talk about our lives and cooking and stuff (sometimes the conversation consists of each of us reporting on what we've recently cooked, how great it turned out, and how we did it, haha). I feel very protective of him and his heart; if anyone criticizes him for his cerebral-ness or a perceived arrogance I like to set them in their place and stand up for my brother.

I don't know if SPs who weren't raised with INTJs would really understand them. But I feel like I really understand them due to my brother. I have very positive feelings towards NTs in general.

mystify529

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I know we can look boring because we tend to be too focused on what we want to happen that we just eliminate all forms of distraction..

But it's good to hear positive opinions about us. I was actually expecting sarcasm, and how others hate our types.. haha

Thanks for the input. It's always good to learn more about yourself through others.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
One of my closest friends is an INTJ. We argue (playfully) all the time about everything. :duel:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOVE INTJs. My big brother is one. He inspires me to think about things beyond what I normally might. He's the only one who can get me to begin to discuss philosophy or anything like that.

I'm glad you articulated this; it flew right over my head, my big bro is actually very philosophical too, and it's very cool, I've learned ALOT from him.

I don't know if SPs who weren't raised with INTJs would really understand them. But I feel like I really understand them due to my brother. I have very positive feelings towards NTs in general.

Ditto. Lack of first hand exposure to such a deep, complicated type would most likely make it inherently difficult to connect with them, assuming you are an SP, like me.

I can't help but think it strange that my brother is INTJ, and my wife is INFJ.

My Father is ESTJ, and I am ESTP.

Both pairs are all 1 characteristic apart, kind of odd for me to realize! :shock:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I have one good friend who is an INTJ. She is very logical in her thoughts and words and is a very supportive person, too. She helps me to see a more logical perspective at times when I really need it. There are times when I don't understand how she sees the world and I am sure that she doesn't always understand how I see the world. Nevertheless, she is always a good friend to me.
Hope that helps.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I sort of like working with them. It's great as long as no one tries to be in charge. :yes: Haven't really gotten particularly close to any. They take stuff too personally.

I'll argue with them about everything (heh, like Kendoiwan). Which is usually fun, but sometimes the competitiveness gets a little out of hand.

maliafee

I'm glad you articulated this; it flew right over my head, my big bro is actually very philosophical too, and it's very cool, I've learned ALOT from him.

Hehe, well, it was hard for me not to notice this quality since my INTJ brother is a philosophy major! ;=)

When I got a C (yet the highest grade in my philosophy class, go figure) my INTJ brother couldn't believe that was possible and told me I should go to the dean about it. *giggle* I love that he thinks I'm so smart... super flattering coming from a genius. :wubbie:

Ditto. Lack of first hand exposure to such a deep, complicated type would most likely make it inherently difficult to connect with them, assuming you are an SP, like me.

I can't help but think it strange that my brother is INTJ, and my wife is INFJ.

My Father is ESTJ, and I am ESTP.

Both pairs are all 1 characteristic apart, kind of odd for me to realize! :shock:

That IS weird! Interesting!

Unique

Don't know any in person I'm pretty sure

Edgars jokes are pure genius though

The really serious ones are a little bit difficult to understand, usually quite stubborn and think they are right all the time

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looks like shortnsweet is the only hater in the entire thread.

How is that whole hating working out for you, shortnsweet?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My dad - Hella talented, a master of whatever he sets his mind to, has a phd in computer science as well as bass fisherman trophies. Created an environment of fear as a parent, very intimidating and not to be crossed for fear of violent retribution. We haven't spoken in several years, and were never close, despite having some fun activities that we did together.

My friend Abhay (don't know for sure he's INTJ, but probly is) - very smart, very funny - deadpan humor, biting and sarcastic, but basically a nice guy. Very dedicated when he believes in what he is doing..crazy driver, fun to hang out with. He moved far away and got married, havent spoken to him in awhile and I miss him.

Ones on this forum that I have talked to the most -

nightning - Very insightful, fun to talk to, friendly and welcoming, posts are always worth reading

INTJMom - friendly and kind, perceptive and imaginative, fun to mess with, and I have learned a lot from her, lots of good conversations, and did I mention she has a hot voice?

Edgar - hilarious guy, fun to talk to when he feels like talking, good at cutting through the BS to get to the point at hand.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't personally know any INTJs, but they seem like a highly intelligent type.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks like shortnsweet is the only hater in the entire thread.

How is that whole hating working out for you, shortnsweet?

I don't hate them. I don't hate entire groups of people.
I just don't know enough of them, like I said.
The few that i've known and typed for sure I didn't get along with.

(oh, except for the forum ones- you guys have been fine!)

I was trying to think of examples of people that i've known IRL.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't hate them. I don't hate entire groups of people.
I just don't know enough of them, like I said.
The few that i've known and typed for sure I didn't get along with.

(oh, except for the forum ones- you guys have been fine!)

I was trying to think of examples of people that i've known IRL.

You soooo took the bait :doh:

D

Dali

Oh Edgar, you know an SFP can't stand to think they made someone feel bad and yet, you baited her.

Bad Edgar. Bad bad Edgar.

D

Dali

I've known precious few INTJs; Im amused by how they cut through the bullshit and I'm amused by how they look at me like Im nuts when I burst out with silly observations. Like when I told an INTJ (MBTI noob) that he and ENFP friend would make a great couple, he told me it was hilarious and looked at me like I was messing with him. I did not elaborate. Just looked back at him and smiled. INTJ then shook his head ever so slightly and changed the topic. I just about died laughing. They're so much fun to tease.

Wait, why do they hang out with me then?

Hmm, maybe we should have a 2nd question asking what INTJs think of SPs.