• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Can we SP this place up a bit?

Unique

Seriously we need to get a better representation of types on this forum and need more SPs. Maybe if the layout wasn't so dull boring and "look we're in school" then more SPs would be here

I'm sure loads of SPs have done the silly myspace versions/blogthings/facebook quiz for MBTI types because they are awesome fun and interesting

I don't think us SPs are shallow, I think we are prone to getting bored and at the moment this place wreaks of BORING BORING!

spice it up a bit, all I'm saying

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
What do you recommend? Streamers and balloons?

I hope we get more SP's here.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
*does an idiotic NT jig* Is this how it's done? Maybe if we sh-sh-sh-shake it more we'll attract them out of the shadows...

We know you're lurking on the forum... start posting!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What are you thinking of?

Something like... this?
urally_screen2_0.png

SPs are the only type that would really care, though.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Something like... this?

We have been given the ability to determine such things are necessary, no need for jealousy. ;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Well, why don't you go ahead and bring the SP rambunctiousness, then. You guys are the best at it, right?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We have been given the ability to determine such things are necessary, no need for jealousy. ;)

Ah, okay. If you say it's necessary, I'll believe you. I'm kind of "blind" to the effect of that stuff, although I usually have a vague sense of what would be appreciated.

Out of curiousity, was the picture I linked an example of the kind of thing you SPs were thinking you wanted done?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, Unique, but how will we lure them? (I doubt layout will make much of a difference.)

Something like... this?

:laugh: I still don't know what a "rally" is. Apparently something to do with cars.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

That's not true, myself and the other admin on my forum are both Ne dominant and the forum has the option of 8 different skins, some of them which in turn offer different colour choices for the same themes. We were both as keen as each other to install them as choices for others.

I do like having the option to have a funkier theme installed.

I like this forum though, and I'm not bored of this theme, but I wouldn't mind some cool new ones to choose from. :cool:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I would have thought that profile pages would have tempted a few more in, because it's a sort of myspacey/facebooky option.

However all the SP friends I have invited here have lurked and left after seeing the language nazi's complaining about bad spelling, since all of them are very bad at spelling. Which is a shame because I think once they got past that they would really enjoy this community and learn so much. I know I certainly do. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:laugh: I still don't know what a "rally" is. Apparently something to do with cars.

Yeah. I didn't really know what it was, I just looked around for layouts, saw that one, and thought it might appeal to SPs.

From what I could tell, it was for some kind of event where people got their cars together and talked about them.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Well, that's interesting. It reveals random facts about the structure of various things in an entertaining way.

But I don't see how we could incorporate that into the website design in a satisfying way... unless you somehow make the computer show an animation of the page you're on blowing up or shattering whenever you click on a link. That would make the site somewhat computationally expensive to display and maintain, though. Not to mention require Flash or something.

That would be funny if they did it, though. It reminds me of what they do on some kids websites to maintain their attention.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This layout isn't bad. It's neutral colored. If we have less SPs it may be due to the subject matter, not the look of the forum.

As an aside, I kind of* don't like Myspace's layout. It's disorganized. Facebook is pushing it by changing the layout every five minutes.

*really

maliafee

I would have thought that profile pages would have tempted a few more in, because it's a sort of myspacey/facebooky option.

However all the SP friends I have invited here have lurked and left after seeing the language nazi's complaining about bad spelling, since all of them are very bad at spelling. Which is a shame because I think once they got past that they would really enjoy this community and learn so much. I know I certainly do. :)

SP's bad at spelling? This is not necessarily true. I know lots of SP's really good at spelling, and some NT's who are awful at it, and an SJ who couldn't spell to save his life.

I think the bigger turnoff is not wanting to be boxed in by "type" so the interest is limited. But once an SP learns a lot more about personality type, they tend to get VERY interested in every detail of their type and the types of those they know and have a lot to share/say. It's a matter of getting SP's into the subject, not the forum.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more. My ESFP bff Shorty is that way - she'll keep tabs on her accounts (she has a huge family network), but ultimately nothing beats personal contact.

I'm an eNFJ and even I find relentlessly pure-theory discussion to be desiccating. I find the social dynamic just as important as the mental calisthenics. For instance, Halla's beach vacation -- it would be totally hilarious to party on the beach with his friends and act like a crazy person, and then settle in for a chill evening with conversation and reflection on the day (no booze for me! lol).

I can see why a forum environment would be dry for people so wonderfully able to access the juicy pith of the Now.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more.

That's true, I'm mostly only on here when I should be working...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more. My ESFP bff Shorty is that way - she'll keep tabs on her accounts (she has a huge family network), but ultimately nothing beats personal contact.

True! But some of us are locked to PCs for extended periods and thus find a great outlet here. ;)

I'm an eNFJ and even I find relentlessly pure-theory discussion to be desiccating. I find the social dynamic just as important as the mental calisthenics. For instance, Halla's beach vacation -- it would be totally hilarious to party on the beach with his friends and act like a crazy person, and then settle in for a chill evening with conversation and reflection on the day (no booze for me! lol).

Life certainly cannot be run on theoretical discussion alone, nothing would ever get done! Socialization is great, beach or no beach, alcohol or none, I'm a nutcase any which way I am, wherever I am, and I love people. I'm learning to chill (aka "sit still") as I get older, and that is making reflection possible. Seriously, I look at pictures from 2 days ago and am like "What?! I did that? When? Jeez!" :doh:

I can see why a forum environment would be dry for people so wonderfully able to access the juicy pith of the Now.

Not true, it's our job to start the party, it's your job to tell us what it means. :hug:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aw, you cavalier you!! :hug: