• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFP or ISFP - How do you tell the difference?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Far as I can see it ISFPs are generally very different from ESFPs. ISFPs more often than not are artistic, sweet, very reminiscent of INFPs but more coordinated and less prone to insane Ne theorizing :D. ESFPs are more reminiscent of ESTPs; action-loving, raw, sensual, the life of the party and loving every minute of it.

KDude

Yeah, no matter how much I'd feel great or something, I can't really come close to the energy level of an ESP. I think the "get things going" interaction style says it all.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My cousin is an ESFP, we are very different, she thrives on drama (though would never admit it).

ESFPs are always fully engaged in what they're doing, ISFPs are more observers always staying slightly more detached from things around them. The Se impulsiveness is more evident in ESFPs.

Basically ESFPs are performers first, observors second, ISFPs are observors first, performers second.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISPs seem to be appear less traditionally introverted than other the other introverts in most I have run across like to have people around them pretty often.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ISFP is only loud in a comfortable small group of people unless it's a very nervous loud. The ESFP can be heard through walls as long as there's someone entertaining them - known quantity or not. The difference is especially fun to watch when the two are married to each other. :D

Sunny Ghost

The ISFP is only loud in a comfortable small group of people unless it's a very nervous loud. The ESFP can be heard through walls as long as there's someone entertaining them - known quantity or not. The difference is especially fun to watch when the two are married to each other. :D

hahaha. so true. my ESFP roommate will even sing very loudly in the shower for the house to hear.

with ESFP's, i think it would probably be true to say, "there's just room for one of us in this town." but rather than town, i mean per crowd. i'm always amused when our ENTx friend comes over, as the two of them will constantly talk over the other. it gets to the point i just sneak away to my room, but will still hear them both talking at the same time. :doh: :laugh:

ESFPs are always fully engaged in what they're doing, ISFPs are more observers always staying slightly more detached from things around them. The Se impulsiveness is more evident in ESFPs.

Basically ESFPs are performers first, observors second, ISFPs are observors first, performers second.

:yes:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'm more of an introvert than I am an ISFP.