• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Is it just me?

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
My interest in doing something is directly and inversely related to how much I shouldn't be doing it? In other words, the less business I have doing it, the more interested I am in: A) figuring out a way to do it and get away with doing it. B) Enjoying A)

:huh:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, me too. I love reading, I used to read my friends english lit books in college but when I was told in high school or college to read books I didnt. Bad me.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My interest in doing something is directly and inversely related to how much I shouldn't be doing it? In other words, the less business I have doing it, the more interested I am in: A) figuring out a way to do it and get away with doing it. B) Enjoying A)

Oh man this is so me. :devil:

On the other hand if it's a task that I have to do my desire to do it is directly proportional to how intellectually challenging it will be. I'll take the difficult task that is stimulating over the easier rote work every time. This naturally leads to . . . procrastination.

And posting on message boards. :-/

Unique

Looks at it this way... a lot of "fun" things we apparently "shouldn't" be doing... but as an SP you know its important

stuff the guardians, if it will make you happy and improve your quality of life/reduce stress/let you live longer then do it regardless of what they tell you

btw doing things you have no business in doing is new, fun, exciting, leads to places

how boring if we didn't explore it

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Yeah, me too. I love reading, I used to read my friends english lit books in college but when I was told in high school or college to read books I didnt. Bad me.
The same for me when it comes to text books.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the same way, once it becomes a job or routine its no longer fun and no longer on your own time.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope, not just you.

If only I could somehow convince myself that doing housework was forbidden.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope, not just you.

I used to actually convince myself that I wanted to clean my room. Of course it was far and few between because it took to much effort to convince myself thats what I wanted.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Jeffster,
Do not sweep that floor!
You are not allowed to move the dust bunnies!
Never, never, never move those dust bunnies.
And just forget mopping.
It is strictly prohibited.
These are the rules.
Breaking them could lead to dire consequences.
:devil:

Nope, not just you.

phoenity

It depends which authority says I am not supposed to be doing something, the risk of getting caught by that authority, and the potential consequences.

However, the purpose is not to rebel, not to resist authority to make a point.

It's about calculating risk simply to be able to do what I want and get away with it.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
It depends which authority says I am not supposed to be doing something, the risk of getting caught by that authority, and the potential consequences.

Naturally

However, the purpose is not to rebel, not to resist authority to make a point.

It's about calculating risk simply to be able to do what I want and get away with it.

Exactly. I little use for points.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'll take the difficult task that is stimulating over the easier rote work every time. This naturally leads to . . . procrastination.

Haha..I'm the opposite. I'd prefer the easier rote work over a stimulating and difficult task most of the time. But, if it's an activity I like, no matter how difficult it is, I'd certainly do it. If not=procrastination.