• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] hmmm....jeffster illustrates the sp temperament

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
crap......just when i think i have a type xD.(don't mind my language lol/no lightbulb for me xDD)

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...jeffster-illustrates-artisan-temperament.html

ISTP - INTP/INTJ

thing is i agree the most with the chart the course style.
wouldn't be surprised though about isfp i just want to look at the istp first to see if it holds any water lol.

I'm just wandering have people got mixed up thinking they were a INJ when they were a ISP?

I read about improvising and jeffster illustrating the concrete style of his writing I'm just wondering about this cause i could see when i would write poems in high school they were always about the "the love i had for the booming of the thunder and watching the lightning lol" nothing really typically poetic as in metaphors.

I also remember in highschool whenever i played sports in gym I did find I used an improvisor mindset like "okay next time i will do better and i would lol"
like tennis, even would do this with math or whatever else would come along.
I was wondering if i could be NT but i don't think so cause i agree with compentency thing but the article comparing istp intj intp mentions.

"" For the Artisan skill often comes from the drive to action and they hate being clumsy or awkward. They get involved in an activity, get caught up in the pure joy of doing, and thus become skilled. Rationals need to feel competent and often want a measure of competence before they even do something. To practice or “do” means failure and that often can strike at the core need.

I actually like practice and improving that's why when i was a kid i liked grades cause they told of improvement if it was higher then before. same with checking off something i have been working on improving on. Always loved a challenge to learn something new.
I'm thinking if i am and ISP that maybe lately I have been getting alittle stressed and not in touch with sp nature cause I just remember being so carefree when i was 16 ish even a year about something tramatic (?) happened in my family. I think i just got frustrated with being limited by my mother always wanting me to dance to her manipulation and guilt trips especially after this happened she milked it to her benefit for manipulation.

I want to use this mbti thing to help me grow but also not lose my innocence
cause of my mother's ways lol. also to help understand the reasons why the things she does frustrates me (she's a mega isfj lol possibly a type 2w1)

I was a happy content child lol i notice lately I'm not able to enjoy the moment when i use to be able to treat my self in the moment cause life is precious etc. I feel i'm getting caught up in the details of life already :doh: and kinda getting down about it.

I relate the wording of "the INJ wanting control over their destiny" "dreamers but doers" yepper and i do find i do not like being held back sure have been and it's the source of my frustration ;p.

someone in the jeffster illustrates" discussion about where was this discussion when they needed to figure out there type. just wondering could that be me cause the sp temperament is pretty dominant in the world ;). just maybe i'm thinking after going through discussion i should look over that too in case if that could be a potential type for me.

I also realize with driving (when i got my license) i had a improvising mindset
when doing lessons i would have a checklist of what i need to work on and would next lesson make a note of needing to work on parking, highway driving etc. I had good days and bad days of not feeling like accomplished what i wanted to for that day but i would light up if i showed just a teeny bit improvement cause at least i'm getting it.

this is also how i dealt with the work thing I wouldn't thing of long term I would have on my mind how i need to work on doing this alittle better and just keep thinking over in my head of how it will turn out. I just wasn't getting it so i said oh forget it. I don't do it anymore, dental assisting.

but i would beat the daylight out of myself mentally and emotionally lol
cause of not passing the first time etc.

I'm also wondering about the ISP having tertiary Ni
has any other ISP mistaken themselves as a dominant Ni?
can tertiary Ni be mistaken for Ti cause I feel lately I am developing Ti so i'm confused. What changes did you isp's notice when you were developing tertiary Ni more in your twenties or when you were a teen and how it wasn't harnessed as well?.

The Chart-the-Course™ style often seems like the Strategic intelligence that is an important aspect of the Rational temperament pattern and ISTPs often relate to the description of the Rational temperament over the Artisan temperament. This is especially true when the Artisan description focuses too much on freedom and spontaneity.

also the second paragraph indented could this be why I do read the artisan discriptions saying how they don't like to plan and just run with something in the moment. I agree needing freedom and I do get impatient sometimes with waiting for something so maybe i was thinking this was the need to anticipate often mentioned with INJ's
. if i'd be IStP i could see where this could be mistaken and also when i was younger i related to that urgency of wanting to act now and if i didn't the interest would wane. i've improved on this and also the whole not being able to dig into deep theory books or long articles due to impatience.

now if it's of interest i can read through a long article or something even like bluewings posts when i was sixteen it was like oh heck know too long lol. now i feel i've harnessed focus even though to do feel that restlessness xDD at times.
just the other day when i was trying to figure something out the steps to take of starting college and getting annoyed with the process my mother told me " you just want the answers now that's what it is? i said " yeah i know *sigh to self lol* I've worked on this too this need to get moving as soon as i have a idea in motion i've been trying to tell myself it will come to you etc just relax.
I just want to know what i have to do so i can get started so i get impatient with not knowing lol.

"Interaction Styles. ISTPs have a Chart-the-Course™ Interaction Style, which goes with a desire to enter a situation with some sort of course of action in mind. It doesn’t have to be a detailed plan and ISTPs often seem planful as they analyze a situation in anticipation of what is likely to happen. ISTPs and INTJs share this Interaction Style and so would look alike in that way."

Last edited:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, i thought i was INFJ in the beginning, then ISFJ and finally ISFP 6w7 (99% sure now). I started with the whole mbti thing (not long ago) because i wanted to find out how i am perceived by others, and how my type relates to the types of my family

My mother is an ESFJ and she is also semi-manipulative and utilizes guilt trips alot, which kind of pisses me off sometimes

i think you're ISxx. I think it can change a bit depending on where you are though, because i have found that while i am very P at home, my classmates see me as very J in school. So i have played with the idea recently, that i might subconsciously adopt a J persona in school, for whatever reason (don't know yet)

I can't really relate to the "okay next time i will do better and i would" thing though.

edit: updated my thoughts beyond the first impression

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Requeim thanks for replying :hug:

oh really hmm....I looked at isfj too but i just am not that accomodating to people's needs that's why i went to infj cause they talked about "chart the course" and how they are not as self sacrificing as isfj with there "behind the scenes" interaction style and then I agreed lol.

I seriously been wondering about isfp but I can't swollow(? spelling lol) it like ISTP
things i agree with on ISTP are
* where they say that they plan but not in detail "a desire to enter a situation with some sort of course of action in mind. It doesn’t have to be a detailed plan and ISTPs often seem planful as they analyze a situation in anticipation of what is likely to happen" I could see where i mistaken this for the "foreseer developer".
I also relate to the whole inferior Fe but also opposing Fe i'm alittle weary of my mother's Fe it seems like she could trick me but she can't cause I never been the type to be manipulated like that lol.
I just always have been pretty independent and able to state how something is affecting me or coming across to me despite the other persons agenda.
I never let myself be walked over with my mother though scary at first cause my mother has a scary temper when she doesn't get her way (like a child lol)
I always have seen through her stuff she tried to pull with me i like to help but i sure will not like be walked over either or used.
for example an arguement we had
" you always are thinking of yourself/ I don't know where you think i'm using you. family is suppose to help each other etc" (she knows that affects me cause i do care and don't like to come across selfish)*
I replied "I understand that (doing my share) but when it gets in the way of me going for goals in life that's where i draw the line"

so this is just a tid bit i thought i'd share into what i have to deal with lol.
I'm a young adult by the way just trying to figure out life and get a taste of it I want to enjoy it while it's here as well i feel trapped where i live so i'm making a plan to move after the first year or so of college she knows too.
(sorry got off track there xDD)

I want to like you see how i am perceived to others but also work on myself if i'm doing something wrong pretty much improve on that. But hopefully to learn how to get across to my mother and her ways I seem to notice i'm the only one of the children that have the guts to not give in the her crap completely lol.

oh boy an ESFJ eeks are they even more out there about there guilt trips and what not? My mom is very sneaky and puts on this image the everyone else I care so much (i'm sure she does just doesn't show it in the mature way)

amen the one way to get me on your bad side is try to manipulate and trick me it's just the one thing that makes my blood boil lol and i'm a calm person xDD.

it's interesting you say how your P at home, J at school. I would say overall i'm pretty laid back until someone tries to mess with my plans for my life or is trying to manipulate my feelings i don't like that it just seems insincere and fake. I would say cause of my learning disability I can come off as J in the learning environment needing step by step instructions, needing repetition even though at the same time annoy's (?) me lol.

oh what i meant by that is that I won't master it completely (that's a gradual process)but i will notice how i did slightly better this time then last time and it feels really good haha (where i get my motivation from):D cause at least i have an understand of it and i will get there.

hey I see your a 6w7 :hi: same here. I have never met another type 6 hiya. also i'm a phobic six but will get CP with my mother and her ways lol. I also can seem j (or s?) with my rule abiding nature I do like follow rules but i can also be fun loving and i'm not a stickler either. In high school I was suppose to be in gym and i thought i'd go cause my friends were doing a quick stop at the library it actually was fun breaking the rules as minor as they were it felt exiting hehe.
I also wanted to add i grew up around a mostly SJ family :doh: (why me but they do have something to teach me overal xD)mom, two sisters. my father i'm thinking was either InTP.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey...I appreciate you referencing my thread...but what the hell are you talking about? :huh: :cheese:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xDDD hey it's the jeffster.
alot of stuff lol and confusion apparently :coffee:.

Unique

Js often wanna try and seem cool by saying things like

"I'm not this way at home"

Doesn't make them any less J

Oh and a bit of mess in your house doesn't automatically give you a P badge to wear

The real question is, do you close doors or leave them open

Hope you like my metaphor ;)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Unique, ^^D.

Oh and a bit of mess in your house doesn't automatically give you a P badge to wear (xDD)

(is there a type for closing a door then opening again wash and repeat like a few times :D then finally just running with what ever your doing as
the door is closed but not completely just in case ;)

Hope you like my metaphor (cool metaphor :yes:)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Oh and a bit of mess in your house doesn't automatically give you a P badge to wear

Hope you like my metaphor ;)

i assume this is aimed at me, as i was the one talking about adopting different personas

and you got it the wrong way around. I have had to tell my mom alot, that "i'm not this way in school". But that doesn't make me any less P ;)

Oh and i am the one who can't close a door to save my life :D

Unique

Hey Unique, ^^D.

Oh and a bit of mess in your house doesn't automatically give you a P badge to wear (xDD)

(is there a type for closing a door then opening again wash and repeat like a few times :D then finally just running with what ever your doing as
the door is closed but not completely just in case ;)

Hope you like my metaphor (cool metaphor :yes:)

lol :p

If you close the door your a J regardless of if you come and open it again later

Ps leave doors open all over the place... those fiends! ;)

Oh and INFs often have trouble typing and thinking they are everything

I guess the thing to remember is these are only preferences (what we use most of the time)

For example just cause I'm extraverted doesn't mean I don't refuse to go out ever or use my introversion from time to time

Or just because I'm a sensor doesn't mean I haven't had abstract ideas with no practical use

It's a lot easier to type yourself if you just think "what would I use more?"

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thank you unique (estp-infj anumus/anima buddy hug hehe :hug:) (feel like JD from scrubs xD)

i feel i've wasted your guys time in a way cause of my doubting
but i feel i've also gotten to get to know and hear from some SP's :newwink: and learn abit about you guys too i love to hear other viewpoints so more power to it lol. Thanks for your guys patience.

hehe then j it is xDDD that door by the way has been the mbti types whenever i try one on it's like okay one at a time whole lol.

like for example i tried on ISFJ, INFP, INTJ(for 2 seconds lol) ISFP,INTP(love those guys), personally I love all healthy types :hug:.

like i tried them each on completely erasing previous posts on my blog hehe kinda like all or nothing :yes: that's it.

hehe just thought of something about P's leaving there "doors" open :smile: oh god lol...fiends indeed ;).

hmmm...INF's having trouble with thinking they are all types lol okay so i'm going to stick with INFJ must have a supporting SP (cause inferior Se) though can be very whimsical in my following of heart hehe "don't tread on my dreams lol instead of me lol"

understandable cause you also use introversion (ti/ni)as i also use extraversion when i need to bust out ;)(fe/se) we all use eight pretty functions xD lol s/n t/f i/e.

I definitely think just cause someone "prefers" s doesn't mean they don't use N with applying abstractions.
what i seriously need to use more of is Se xDD it's funny.

Thanks again unique I appreciate it you know taking the time to deal with my doubting brain xD guess being INFJ 6w7 is going to cause that lol.

I send love to the SP's :yes:...come here hug time...:hug:

Last edited:

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I close my doors because I don't want my stuff stolen.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Well, I found the article interesting.

If I'm reading this right, you are wondering if you're ISTP?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I found the article interesting.

If I'm reading this right, you are wondering if you're ISTP?

kinda (but now i'm pretty sure i'm infj hehe but am open to other possibilities as unique's post made it clear to me I am one but I always like to learn about other types also cause it helps in understanding the functions as well in a different way and who knows right? always nice to be open to who you are in my opinion ;).

like i'm wondering and maybe (?) you could answer some questions I have

like how would you describe your tertiary Ni and how it relates to your dominant and auxiliary/inferior as well even?

did you ever wonder if you were Ni dominant and what made you think so like what behaviors from your tertiary led you to think you might be a Ni dominant if you ever did?

*only if you want to answer of course ^^)*

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now THIS part I understand. :hug::hug: :)

:hug: huggsy's backsies lol :yay: ouch i got too excited spreading the love lol :9436:

:chicken: why does this make me laugh lol anywho xDD little things like these just make me smile/giggle :happy2:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey you sleeze! you stole my hug! ;)

...that and I wanted to use a mixed up version of a line from the blues brothers

:hug::hug::hug: :D there there...sending hugs lol.

is curious what's this line from the blues brothers? :) (really curious lol)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
use Se more then i thought. IS t or (f*) P?

:coffee:

read the 8 keys to leadership thing developing Se and reading stuff from isp types hmm?

Last edited: