• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Without artisans, ..

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, I like some of the more popular ones.
Canon in D comes to mind first.
I've got the techno version for jogging. Wicked fun.
I also like some string quartet versions of my favorite songs.

Without artisans, there would be no side conversations or tangents.

(oops, forgot to add the quote- this is for walking tourist!)

Without Artisans, the word "oops" may not have been invented.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Hi Shortnsweet,

Hee hee.
I say "oops" a lot.
:)

I like canon in D. I've never heard the techno version, though. Two other classical pieces that might be good for jogging are Sabre Dance by Khachaturian and Flight of the Bumblebees by Rimsky-Koraskov (my mom calls him "Rimsky-Coffeepot"!)
But I digress.
With that music, however, you might end up by running really fast. Flight of the Bumblebees is, I've heard, one of the fastest songs ever written.
Without artisans, there would be no digressions and everyone would stay on task. I shudder at the thought!!!!

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bah. I 'Oops' all the time... In fact, the more 'Oops' moments in a day, the more fun it is :D

Unique

Techno OWNS :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I for one hate classical music!

(sneaks out of thread.)

I know a few you will most definatly like. (Their quite new age classical though. :p )

With Gun & Crucifix

Entering the Stronghold

That's my classical kinda music. :D

As for music in general. Techno is too sterile to my liking. I'm all for inspirational trance music though. And I'll shoot anyone who dares to say trance and techno is the same.

janey_girl

MBTI Type
INtJ
*Glares back at the ESTP*

What? It's been a life-long dream of mine to eliminate poor grammar and colloquialisms. If getting rid of SPs will make significant inroads towards that goal... sorry, but you've got to go. :)

Just the other day I was trying to explain there, their and they're to my ISTP, he didn't care and used the wrong version in a post just to annoy me... I sometimes think they do it on purpose you know!

wolfy

awsm
Just the other day I was trying to explain there, their and they're to my ISTP, he didn't care and used the wrong version in a post just to annoy me... I sometimes think they do it on purpose you know!

Their is no SP I know who would do that kind of thing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is not type related. It's called sore losing and stubborness. :p

janey_girl

MBTI Type
INtJ
Their is no SP I know who would do that kind of thing.

SPs damn you for being so adorable that we forgive you and love you despite - or probably because of your ability to irritate...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harsh dude. And that from a Techno person lol.

Anyhow that's all subjective. This is a good objective view on techno and trance, showing the qualities of both. :p

YouTube - Trance is NOT Techno!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Techno OWNS :D

Techno, Trance, House, and Breakbeats all kick ass! :yes:

I don't care what its labeled as, if it has a beat and the right groove, I'm all over it.

maliafee

Poor grammar (and bad spelling) bothers me, too.... a lot. I'm a very good editor and enjoy doing that. However, since I've been writing my incredibly artistically talented ISTP friend, who misspells a lot (he could use spell-checker but just doesn't care), I've learned to take it all in stride and even relax about it! Trust me, if you ever get to know any great ISTP's, you'll throw your grammar and colloquialism concerns out the window in a N.Y. minute. ;)

I find it interesting that people are bothered by bad grammar. Don't they realize that the language they speak now is riddled with older "grammar mistakes" that got normalized? Language is constantly evolving and without "bad" grammar, different dialects, colloquialisms/slang, borrowings, etc., language would be dead and stagnant. BORING. :doh:

Unique

Techno, Trance, House, and Breakbeats all kick ass! :yes:

I don't care what its labeled as, if it has a beat and the right groove, I'm all over it.

Not when it sounds like some douche with DJ equipment trying to reproduce classical music

D

Dali

Not when it sounds like some douche with DJ equipment trying to reproduce classical music

Argh, one of my biggest pet peeves is 'remixed' classical music.

Bloody hell.

I heard a rock version of 'stride la vampa' the other day and was pretty much :shock: at it. I'll take rock on its own terms, thanks, leave classical music out of it and vice versa.

That said, a few other classical pieces that are great for working out (though woefully over-performed) are Mozart's Dies Irae, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and Orf's O Fortuna.

Lighter 'work out arias' are Mozart's Martern Aller Arten ('tortures of every kind'. A little apt perhaps when on the treadmill for an hour), Verdi's Stride la Vampa, Bellini's Son Vergin Vessoza (so light and happy you'll forget the pain but enough of a rhythm to keep you going), Vivaldi's Agitata Da Due Venti and Schubert's Der Erlkonig.

All are on Youtube.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I agree and disagree.
I love dialects. I really like to hear how people from different cultures use language. That to me is quite fascinating.
But what I really dislike is the use of bureaucratic language as every day speech. Bureaucratese sounds discordant to my ears. For me, this sort of change detracts from the language. It makes the language sound less beautiful.
Not all change is improvement.
But change is good and change keeps our language alive.

I find it interesting that people are bothered by bad grammar. Don't they realize that the language they speak now is riddled with older "grammar mistakes" that got normalized? Language is constantly evolving and without "bad" grammar, different dialects, colloquialisms/slang, borrowings, etc., language would be dead and stagnant. BORING. :doh:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
If I heard "oops" from the following people, I would be very concerned and probably quite upset:
dentist
surgeon
airline pilot
bus driver
the mover who is transporting valuables...
:cry:

Bah. I 'Oops' all the time... In fact, the more 'Oops' moments in a day, the more fun it is :D

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Music would all be classical.
What makes you think we'd even have classical music? It's likely that many classical composers were in fact SPs. (For example, I've seen Mozart typed as an ISFP.) Classical music may seem boring to us today but imagine if you were living in the 14th century. Now that's BORING!

Very true. I mean, who still speaks like this...

Unto this angel spak the frere tho:
Now, sire, quod he, han freres swich a grace
That noon of hem shal come to this place?
Yis, quod this aungel, many a millioun!
And unto sathanas he ladde hym doun.
--And now hath sathanas,--seith he,--a tayl
Brodder than of a carryk is the sayl.
Hold up thy tayl, thou sathanas!--quod he;
--shewe forth thyn ers, and lat the frere se
Where is the nest of freres in this place!--

However, language takes a long time to evolve. And knowing how to properly manipulate grammar is an important skill to develop for more efficient communication. If meaning is lost than language looses it's purpose.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What makes you think we'd even have classical music? It's likely that many classical composers were in fact SPs. (For example, I've seen Mozart typed as an ISFP.) Classical music may seem boring to us today but imagine if you were living in the 14th century. Now that's BORING!

Some of you sure like to nitpick throwaway comments in hypothetical threads. :alttongue: