• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What are your skills?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
SPs, what are your skills? What can you do well? Unusual ones especially interesting.

I fit the "mechanical ISTP" stereotype in a lot of ways.

- I can (and have) hotwire an ATV
- I can tear apart the dashboard of a company vehicle, while stuck in traffic, in order to fix a broken radio.
- I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle.
- I'm not great at it, but I can pick locks.

- I can save animals.
Story: the other day I helped out at a yard sale. Signs were posted up using clear packing tape (the kind you stick in a tape gun). The tape was folded over itself in such a way (sloppily) that it left a gap with the sticky sides facing in.

A salamander made the mistake of somehow getting himself inside the tape during the course of the day, and probably struggled, making it worse and getting himself further stuck. His lower and upper legs, tail, chest, back, and head were all stuck to the tape in a contorted position.

Armed with a pair of scissors, some strange kitchen utensil (blunt edged scraper), my finger nails, and some water I managed to free his tail, then cut loose his legs, peeled off the tape around his chest and back, freed his front legs, and finally his head without tearing off his flesh or extremities. Then I let him run off and he didn't even thank me. Punk.

So the skill used there was...improvisation?

So what are you good at?

phoenity

nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills, and I have a sweet bike.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I suck at everything. Teach me!
Shuwrley you must be good at somethin! Sounds like someone needs a helper-hug.

:hug: :wubbie: :wubbie:

nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills, and I have a sweet bike.

Sweet-bike-acquisition? Indeed a skill.

I'm good at drawing animals and warriors and stuff.

It's too bad for you girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Problem: drawing animals OR warriors is only a so-so skill.
Solution: draw animals that ARE warriors. That's a great skill.

It'll end like an axe commercial, trust me.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I fit the "jack of all trades" description

and it sucks

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
We really need to find more out about that non-mechanical ISTP. I have excellent negotiating, mediating and overall organizational skills. I have great body awareness, however I am not a physical risk taker as purported by most descriptions.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can finish GunValkyrie's hard mode! Beat that!!

Oh and I have mad Maxin'n'relaxin skillz too.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, a serious response now.

- I'm good at teaching
- I'm a good dancer
- I'm good at whitewater kayaking
- I'm okay at running
- I'm good at fighting (nunchuck skillz for real haha)
- I'm pretty good at riding a bike in traffic
- I'm really good at procrasinating
- I know a lot about a few things

I'm not as good as I want to be in anything, though. I want to be the best! My girlfriend says I always have to take things to the extremes, and resents that kind of mindset. I'm not the only one, though!

phoenity

We really need to find more out about that non-mechanical ISTP. I have excellent negotiating, mediating and overall organizational skills. I have great body awareness, however I am not a physical risk taker as purported by most descriptions.

I was not a mechanical person until I started working with mechanical things. I think any dominant Se can be a "mechanical" type. Once you understand a general mechanical principle of how something works, it can be transferred to many things.

You have great body awareness, that's certainly mechanical in my opinion, because I have that as well.

The only physical risks I take are well-calculated. If the risk exceeds my current skill level, or if there is a reasonable risk that I could be seriously injured, then of course I would not take it. That would be nothing more than gambling.

But if an activity is safe within reason, and has the potential to provide me with an intense and unique sensory experience, I'm down for anything :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SPs, what are your skills? What can you do well? Unusual ones especially interesting.

-I can configure a PC quickly and optimize the hell out of it.

-I can turn any PC (Pentium IV or newer) into a DAW (digital audio workstation) wish appropriate software that allows it to make alot of music commensurate with its CPU/RAM power.

-I can play guitar (acoustic/electric six string, and a little 4-string bass too)

-I can build structurally sound and usually reasonably attractive furniture with limited tools.

-I can plan and install an impressive amount of landscaping in a single day

-I can setup/maintain (healthy) freshwater and saltwater aquariums

-I can setup an empty apartment/house into a comfortable/functional/visually appealing home in 24 hours or less. I moved every 2 years as a kid since I was an Army brat.

-I can cook a meal that will impress any variety of tastes. I'm especailly good at making sandwiches, grilling, and recently delved into baking.

-I can detail a car to be spotless in less than 3 hours.

-I can clean an entire house (3 bedroom / 2 bath, ~1,500 sq. feet) from wall to wall, and floor to ceiling in under 4 hours, including wash, dry, and fold up to a week's worth of laundry from 4 people.

-I can walk into a room of strangers and fire up a conversation that entertains all present in less than a minute. I can talk a room of business people into just about anything if I'm charged with being a lead analyst.

-I am learning to code SQL with reasonable proficiency.

-I can use top down analysis and design along with other analytical techniques to solve sophisticated problems of a business and/or technical nature with very little background information, and document my findings in such a way that they are self standing and a person with no specific knowledge on the subject could pick up my work and read it from page 1 and understand what is going on and what the final recommendation is.

-I can squat 275 pounds for 25 strict reps. I can curl 115 pounds for 15 strict reps. I can do 15 reps of 200 pounds on a lat pulldown machine. I can do triceps extensions with a rope on a cable machine with 130 pounds for 12 reps and then decrease the weight 10 pounds at a time doing 10-12 reps all the way don to 80 pounds. I can burn almost 600 calories on an elliptical machine in 35 minutes. I don't bench much since I've had 3 shoulder operations, but I can do 50 pushups at age 35 and 225 pounds. :D

That's about it I guess...

;)

Unique

I kick ass at video games

I can dance

I keep people entertained and happy

I'm a computer wizard

I can sell anything

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I fit the "mechanical ISTP" stereotype in a lot of ways.

- I can (and have) hotwire an ATV
- I can tear apart the dashboard of a company vehicle, while stuck in traffic, in order to fix a broken radio.
- I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle.
- I'm not great at it, but I can pick locks.

- I can save animals.
Story: the other day I helped out at a yard sale. Signs were posted up using clear packing tape (the kind you stick in a tape gun). The tape was folded over itself in such a way (sloppily) that it left a gap with the sticky sides facing in.

A salamander made the mistake of somehow getting himself inside the tape during the course of the day, and probably struggled, making it worse and getting himself further stuck. His lower and upper legs, tail, chest, back, and head were all stuck to the tape in a contorted position.

Armed with a pair of scissors, some strange kitchen utensil (blunt edged scraper), my finger nails, and some water I managed to free his tail, then cut loose his legs, peeled off the tape around his chest and back, freed his front legs, and finally his head without tearing off his flesh or extremities. Then I let him run off and he didn't even thank me. Punk.

So the skill used there was...improvisation?

So what are you good at?

Your description of saving the salamander from a sticky situation ( :laugh: ) sounds just like my husband. He always manages to figure out exactly the type of tools he needs for something like that by carefully observing and analyzing the situation, then proceeding with much calm and patience to get the job done, no matter how long it takes.

You would probably be a good surgeon. Ever thought of medical school? :)

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
-I can run Really fast..
-I can get through most physical obstacles improvising..
-I can learn physical acts/games pretty darn fast...
-I am good at discovering new methods of doing things physically
-Im good at physical analysis
-I am ok at a general form of trouble-shooting
-Building random crap from disposed material.
-I know how to effectively apply first aid with improvised materials.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I am the only person among the women in my house that can fix a plug.

I can solve very complicated physics problems that most of the people don't even understand.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Whoa, organizational skills? How you get those?

I'm of the opinion that the floor is the biggest shelf in my house. Trust me, it shows.

Regarding risk taking...

The only physical risks I take are well-calculated. If the risk exceeds my current skill level, or if there is a reasonable risk that I could be seriously injured, then of course I would not take it. That would be nothing more than gambling.

But if an activity is safe within reason, and has the potential to provide me with an intense and unique sensory experience, I'm down for anything :D

Yeah I think that we are SEEN as risk takers. I engage in activities that seem dangerous to outsiders but for the most part I try to be reasonable about pushing my limit. It's just that my limit is beyond most people. ***EDIT: That sounds cocky huh?***

Your description of saving the salamander from a sticky situation ( :laugh: ) sounds just like my husband. He always manages to figure out exactly the type of tools he needs for something like that by carefully observing and analyzing the situation, then proceeding with much calm and patience to get the job done, no matter how long it takes.

You would probably be a good surgeon. Ever thought of medical school? :)

Maybe not med school, but since I'm taking a year off college I want to become a volunteer EMT. I could get my EMT-B in less than a month (free training for volunteers) and get to drive ambulances/provide basic care. If I stuck with it, I could become an EMT-I with some time...

It's an idea I have kicking around in my head. I think I'd be an awesome EMT.

Or fire fighter. That'd be cool.

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Boo - I missed that story about the salamander. Go you! I'm very impressed! And thank you for saving him. Many people would not have bothered.