• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What are your skills?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Phoenity, that's very considerate of you. And kinda Buddhist. :D

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
You seem like a very smart guy and having the ISTP's ability to think logically (without emotions getting in the way) in emergency situations, and Se's keen observation of the environment = awesome for being an EMT or fire fighter.

Also, I would like to second Pink Piranha's thanks for saving the salamander. Your ability to do that is admirable. :)

I was so impressed I told my sister about it last night, and we were both rather pleased that someone would so carefully and painstakingly bother to save the poor thing instead of just assuming it's a goner and killing it.

Thanks.

-I can clean an entire house (3 bedroom / 2 bath, ~1,500 sq. feet) from wall to wall, and floor to ceiling in under 4 hours, including wash, dry, and fold up to a week's worth of laundry from 4 people.

I spent all day cleaning my bedroom and bathroom and doing laundry.

I'm not done.

Damn you.

:D

Oh definitely. Bamboo can back me up on this. Anybody can do it, but not everybody can do it well.

Pics or it didn't happ- . . . y'know what, never mind.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Come into chat, Boo! I can't stay long!

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I can't stand to hurt or kill living organisms, unless I'm going to eat it. And even then I still feel somewhat bad, but at least I know I'm not destroying life for the hell of it.

If I find an insect indoors I will take the extra effort to catch it and put it outside, rather than killing it. That is unless I'm looking for a snack...

That sounds like something my ISFJ mother would say :shock:. ISTP's concerned about the well-being of insectoids? and the sanctity of life.. what has the world come to?.

Sarcasm detector main turn on.

I do the same thing.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I do the same thing.

Yeah. Me too. I even save the potentially deadly/evil looking bugs/spiders. I confused some of my oppositions a while back when I decided I had to save these tiny beetles in between points. I saved a frog once. Spent half an hour collecting bruises on my arm and shoulder trying to coax it onto a stick so I could lift it out through the metal grate of the concrete tank it was stuck in.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Damn it.. you bunch of silk-minded animal activists.. stop corrupting my ISTP stereotype.

Phoenity, that's very considerate of you. And kinda Buddhist. :D

Don't encourage them to corruption. Soon enough they will be hanging around PETA rallies and bringing on about argument's against animal consumation.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*adopts Halla and YLJ on the spot*

You see, I'm good at recognizing others potential and motivating them in using it, especially for me :devil:

Nah ok for real:

* I speak several languages and learn them pretty easily

* I played the flute and was a fair singer when I was younger. I'm pretty musical in general

* I have a photographic memory that will allow me to overload my short term memory with info. The effect is like walking into the exam while being allowed to use your books. I literally see the book in my head and can just look up information. It's a blessing and a curse as afterwards, the knowledge gets deleted. Saved my ass in many exams though.

* I'm pretty good at reading bodylanguage, which makes animals rather fond of me

* Since I never plan anything (truly hate it), I tend to be pretty good at coming up with on the fly solutions to things that save my ass. I'm pretty flexible and usually see things in a different light than others, causing me to sometimes use stuff and situations in a way that..well others declare me crazy over.

* I'm pretty bendy. Used to dance, follow ballet, be a gymnast, and my mom always commented that you could fold me neatly in a box and mail me anywhere.

* I'd like to think I'm a good listener and guide when people need me to be there for them

* I'm pretty good at taking care of stray cats and rehoming them

* I can craft jewelry

* I'm a fair masseuse, though I'm thinking of getting properly educated in that

* I accumulate knowledge pretty fast and want to know a little about just about everything. Mythology, herbology, psychology, crafting stuff, cooking, behavioral therapy, languages, you name it. Especially if somehow relevant to my spirituality, I've probably researched it somewhat. Jack of all trades :)

wolfy

awsm
I can speak Japanese
I can read the average manga in Japanese
I can make women laugh
I can fill 3 pages with exercise variations for your triceps
I can make any type of bread
I can make any type of sweet pastry
I can make various types of meat pies and sausage rolls
I can think of something we have in common in under 4 minutes and 35 seconds.
I can talk about lots of different stuff.
I can lift 2.5 times my bodyweight in the deadlift.
I know the names of most muscles in both Japanese and English.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I can play the guitar like a motherfucking riot

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd love to hear some of that right now.

I would rather be playing right now, but alas, I have work to do (hence the procrastination on MBTIc). I also broke a string two nights ago and haven't fixed it yet.

Maybe I'll put my last.fm radio on Sublime.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved the salamander story too, Bamboo. :p I can relate to that too... I'd pull over to save a turtle on the road.

As for my skills?
- I'm great with mathematical proofs and problems (I'm a statistician :D)
- I'm a cat-whisperer. And generally get along with most animals. Hahah
- I'm a professional zoo/aquarium goer.
- I can take just about anything in stride and handle most stresses pretty well
- I can learn most computer programs/ computer programming languages fairly quickly. A good chunk of my resume is a list of computer programs I know (although I've never spent a vast amount of time with any of them.. I just have a general feel for all of them)
- I'm an awesome Googler. Need to put together a potato gun? I'm on it.
- I'm great at spending hours and hours online and getting nothing done.
- I'm awesome at video games.
- Yeah, if I'm faced with a situation that requires tools, I'm pretty resourceful.
- I love making costumes out of odds and end garments. And I'm pretty damn creative about it.
- I love to draw and play with Photoshop... all though I'm not sure how great I am at it. :p Decent?
- Being lazy. And thus the reason those are all the skills I'm going to list for the moment...

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Damn it.. you bunch of silk-minded animal activists.. stop corrupting my ISTP stereotype.

Don't encourage them to corruption. Soon enough they will be hanging around PETA rallies and bringing on about argument's against animal consumation.

Ughmm...If you're squemish/animal lover, just skip the following. Seriously.

If it helps, I kill stuff too. I whacked a copperhead snake with a shovel because it was next to my house and I didn't want it to kill my (foolish, curious) dog.

I removed it's head and smashed it's jaw to prevent it from biting (and thus poisoning) due to reflexes and tossed it's head far away.

I skinned it and stuck the skin in the freezer. Never got around to doing anything with it.

Oh, and when I pulled out the guts out of it's headless body (fun!), I noticed it was pregnant. So I stomped on it's eggs.

Luke-warm blooded snake murder. It's a skill too.

----------------------------

Thanks MP! Perhaps I won't have the problem of not know how to react to these compliments any more. :huh: :newwink:

I loved the salamander story too, Bamboo. :p I can relate to that too... I'd pull over to save a turtle on the road.

Yeah, I would too. Really, even with the above in mind.

- I'm an awesome Googler. Need to put together a potato gun? I'm on it.

I was a damn 'tater-gun' technician back in the day. I remember watching my friends spray the main chamber with a solid 20 second mega burst of hair spray. They tried ignition and nothing happened (duh). They tried 30 seconds, then 40 seconds of hair spray.

I explained to them that the main chamber was much like a cylinder in a motor (thanks google!) and that by adding that much fuel without enough air, they were "flooding the engine." What was needed was a more appropriate (that is, lower) fuel-air ratio.

They cocked their heads at me rather confused so I just grabbed the thing, gave it a 2.5 second burst (at which they scoffed), sealed it up and hit the ignition. It let out a bang similar to a mid powered rifle - and it scared the crap out of them - more so because they never thought it would work.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ughmm...If you're squemish/animal lover, just skip the following. Seriously.

If it helps, I kill stuff too. I whacked a copperhead snake with a shovel because it was next to my house and I didn't want it to kill my (foolish, curious) dog.

I removed it's head and smashed it's jaw to prevent it from biting (and thus poisoning) due to reflexes and tossed it's head far away.

I skinned it and stuck the skin in the freezer. Never got around to doing anything with it.

Oh, and when I pulled out the guts out of it's headless body (fun!), I noticed it was pregnant. So I stomped on it's eggs.

Luke-warm blooded snake murder. It's a skill too.

----------------------------

Thanks MP! Perhaps I won't have the problem of not know how to react to these compliments any more. :huh: :newwink:

While your description of mercilessly destroying that snake sounds very cold-hearted, I'm guessing that you did that out of a feeling of love and protectiveness for your dog, so upon further reflection, it's not so cold-hearted after all.

As for how to react to compliments... saying,"Thank You" does the job just fine. :)

phoenity

Ahhh...brings back memories of my fellow ISTP friend and I around middle school age shooting potato guns in his back yard in the middle of the suburbs.

It sounded like a shotgun going off and we would do it for hours on a weekend afternoon. We'd experiment with various combustibles and fuel:air mixtures trying to find out which chemical produced the loudest explosion, which fuel gave the most power, chamber and barrel dimensions, flint and electric ignition, while using whatever would fit in the barrel as ammunition.

I'm actually quite surprised the police never came to see what was going on.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
In the end, I am not sure that MBTI, Keirsey or any type system can measure skills. I am inclined to agree with Team Technology that determining your career path, your stress level, your skills and other indicators are not type related.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
While your description of mercilessly destroying that snake sounds very cold-hearted, I'm guessing that you did that out of a feeling of love and protectiveness for your dog, so upon further reflection, it's not so cold-hearted after all.

As for how to react to compliments... saying,"Thank You" does the job just fine. :)

Did you know you're quite stubborn?

Thank you.

:)

Ahhh...brings back memories of my fellow ISTP friend and I around middle school age shooting potato guns in his back yard in the middle of the suburbs.

It sounded like a shotgun going off and we would do it for hours on a weekend afternoon. We'd experiment with various combustibles and fuel:air mixtures trying to find out which chemical produced the loudest explosion, which fuel gave the most power, chamber and barrel dimensions, flint and electric ignition, while using whatever would fit in the barrel as ammunition.

I'm actually quite surprised the police never came to see what was going on.

Flint? Mechanical ignition seems tough to pull off. Cool though.

In the end, I am not sure that MBTI, Keirsey or any type system can measure skills. I am inclined to agree with Team Technology that determining your career path, your stress level, your skills and other indicators are not type related.

OK. Agreed. Perhaps I should have opened the question to all types and stuck it in the Bonfire...

At the time I posted I was inspired by a discussion in "Are ISTP women technical?".

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm fluent in Japanese.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Did you know you're quite stubborn?

Thank you.

:)

No, I didn't know that I'm stubborn. It feels more like a kind of intensity to me, and only gets directed at people I think are interesting or care about. The rest of the time, I'm in INFJ marshmellow mode.

I hope it's not annoying, because if it is, my ISTP friend that I e-mail about art stuff might be experiencing the same thing. Oh, dear.....:huh: