• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP, How much do you relate to these?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
First one, not much.

Second one, quite a bit, I'm not sure if I go between extremes of extraversion and introversion but it's possible and worth consideration.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I find the first has a lot of correlation to myself...In the second example, Like Quinlan the idea of great swings in underlying temprament is foreign to me. I can manufacture something like exuberant extroversion when I am teaching, as a part of my (necessary) technique. But when class is over I shut it down and resume my regularly scheduled programming.

I find it very difficult and taxing to erect this same facade (Exuberant extroversion, glad handing) for social interaction...which has no real redeeming purpose to me. Well, I should say compelled, structured interactions; parties and events....not a quiet get together with trusted friends in a very small gathering.

I find some resonance with the Hemingway comparisons...strangely, we share a birthday. Though I have not been able to enjoy his writings...in fact I've never been interested enough to finish one.

Last edited:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
First one, not very much.
Second one... yes, this is more accurate. It gives a good explanation of why I can't figure out whether my personality type is isfp or esfp.
:glasses:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm much more the second one. However, I don't regard my relationships as secondary...and I like my relationships to be intrinsically rewarding.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

wolfy

awsm
:laugh: at the first one. Eggheads are starting to annoy me. Those "symptoms" are not a "disorder", they are evidence of being human.

The "Exuberant Personality Type" is Keirsey's Artisan with a few extras thrown in, right? Obviously, I relate to much of it.

Like everyone else I relate to the second one.
I think it is the artisan temperament with a SFP twist on it.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Only a couple of things resonate with me in the first one:

• frequently shifts line of work, study, interest, or future plan
  • engages in occasional financial extravagance
  • may use alcohol or drugs to control moods or to augment excitement

I've had about 40 different jobs in my life, and not because I got fired, but because once I learned how to be good at what I was doing, I got bored and wanted to do something else. I've only been at my current job for 8 years because it is stable and I have a kid.

When I have money, I spend it, pretty plain and simple. I don't plan anything when it comes to money, and I really don't care much about saving. If I have, I give and share and have a good time, if I don't, I stay home and eat Ramen noodles.

I've battled with addiction my whole life. From being a heroin addict in my 20's to being a borderline alcoholic now, it's always been something I've convinced myself I've needed to regulate/relax/have fun. Some battles you win quickly, others take your whole life.

Other than those three, I definitely identify with the second one best.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can relate to almost everything for both; except for the parts about being promiscuous and putting my relationships second. If anything, I put my relationships first. Heck, the things I do each day are because of my significant other and/or friends. I have an extreme depth of caring for my loved ones... I live for them pretty much.

Although all the other stuff are very true! :D

From the first one:
Childhood

Strong, aggressive mother; weak, passive father.
Erratic and neglectful parenting: failure to inculcate a discipline of emotional self-regulation.

Overbearing, inconsistent parenting: "the combination of swift, harsh, and often arbitrary punishment with loving overindulgence" (Spilka, pg. 22).

That's how it was for me growing up pretty much. I had an extremely abusive and hard-headed mother while my father was the gentle, soft one. He was really quiet... I don't remember much about him... we never really talked alot. My mother drove me crazy though; couldn't stand a second being with her! :/ Her expectations of me were ridiculous and if I didn't conform to her rules, I'd face a beating. Bleh. It's whatever though now.