• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] I'm quitting the drink...

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I never started. Dunno what's so appealing about it.

Either of you care to enlighten me?

Unique

Its like social lubricant

It makes everything easier to do

It makes bad parties good ones

The list goes on...

But seriously you don't know till you try

Unique

This will make it easier to understand...

realityvsdrunkeness.jpg

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
The giving myself a break from drinking is no problem, let me know how to quit smoking.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is going to be hard for an SP :doh:

Good luck to you, I mean that in all sincerity.

I've regulated my intake pretty well for years, been way to busy to be silly old me.

My advice, change your schedule as drastically as possible, in the times when you would be normally drinking, be elsewhere, go to the gym, do something active, stay tired, it will kill the urges if you have no physical energy to pursue them, and in all honesty, getting a light prescription of Xanax from your MD (.25 or .5 mg 20-30 tablets) can be a god send in the first month of drying up.

Peace Bro,

-Alex

Unique

Good luck to you, I mean that in all sincerity.

I've regulated my intake pretty well for years, been way to busy to be silly old me.

My advice, change your schedule as drastically as possible, in the times when you would be normally drinking, be elsewhere, go to the gym, do something active, stay tired, it will kill the urges if you have no physical energy to pursue them, and in all honesty, getting a light prescription of Xanax from your MD (.25 or .5 mg 20-30 tablets) can be a god send in the first month of drying up.

Peace Bro,

-Alex

Funny you should say that cause I've started working out again... it was like an automatic reaction for me... oh I'm quitting alcohol... I'm going to work out...

Just at home, though I should probably join a gym.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny you should say that cause I've started working out again... it was like an automatic reaction for me... oh I'm quitting alcohol... I'm going to work out...

Just at home, though I should probably join a gym.

The gym = YES.

(1) Playground of super fit folk
(2) Change of environment
(3) Meet new people

Go for it!

Buy a one month membership, don't sign a 1 year contract, play it by ear and see what happens. PM me for fitness advice if you wish. I've got a ton I can copy paste over to you that I've written for others here... :)

Unique

Yeah I wouldn't buy the yr straight up heh. Do people usually go alone? I'm not sure if I have any friends that would be interested... well... maybe... lol too many females

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good for you, dude. I wish you the best. :)

I am glad I never started, as I know it would have been hard for me to quit too.

Now, if only I hadn't started being a lazy fatass....

Unique

Thanks Jeff

I'm pleased to announce I was at the club tonight, had fun and didn't drink

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Okay, that was sweet.
Poor guy.

I'm fortunate it's just foreign booze like Absolut and Kahlua that seems addicted to me and my exotic nature -- beer stays far away.