• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Why isn't there any threads on ESFP's?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
What do most people think of them? I am married to one and he is wonderful. I don't find him demanding since I think he doesn't want me demanding anything of him either.

Is this usually the case and also does an extroverted personality (need) to be surrounded by friends and family? If they are not, does this make them depressed?

I love him dearly, but he sure is a couch potato and has an addiction to fixing everyone's computer... :shock:

I would love to hear others general comments and observations on ESFP's.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
My SO is an ESFP and he's fantastic. :) He's very upbeat, and keeps me from getting depressed. He's very good at building and fixing things, and he's saved me a lot of money. Lots of people enjoy his company because he's always got a funny story or joke to tell, and he's very wild and charismatic in telling it. If I weren't introverted, I might be jealous of his popularity, but since I like to hang in the background, it's great to go places with him. He does all the talking. Sometimes this can get annoying if we're trying to accomplish something in public and he keeps running into people he knows. He's a social butterfly. *Cough* Uh, a very manly butterfly, though?

Some people who tend to be serious get annoyed with him because they feel he is immature or too silly. I think he's very mature, because he knows when it's time to be serious, and when it's not. He's a lot of fun and he makes life much more interesting.

I'm not certain if he gets depressed being away from friends and family, though I see him shine when he has lots of friends -- he is much happier. I think he tends to get depressed when he feels like he's confined and not able to have fun.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFPs are generally one of my favorite types, from the people of that type that I've encountered, anyway.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
He sounds like my hubby also Jewel child, very charismatic and able to get along with everyone. I am also very introverted so I tend to hide behind him if we have to entertain guests. I know I couldn't do it by myself. :D

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this usually the case and also does an extroverted personality (need) to be surrounded by friends and family? If they are not, does this make them depressed?

I would say definitely, yes, ESFPs like to be in constant contact with family and friends (not necessarily all extraverts need this though). I have two close ESFP friends, male and female, and they both are very group-oriented. They love to be on the go, going to social events and making contacts and increasing their circle of acquaintances. Whenever something occurs, they immediately call everyone they can think of to tell the news. They hate to be alone and have said as much.

I would love to hear others general comments and observations on ESFP's.

General observations on the ESFPs I know:

-They are impulsive. They often do things without thinking of the consequences.

-They do not like to be asked about or criticized on aforementioned actions even when it hurts others. They do not like analysis in general.

-They are very loving and go out of their way to support their friends.

-They are hurt by cool and/or indifferent behavior.

-They do not understand very introverted, intuitive, or thinking personalities.

-They read surface behavior. If you use a stern tone with them, they assume you are mad at them. If you are not talking, they assume you are not feeling well.

-They try to include everyone in their happiness.

-They have ever-changing emotions.

-They have a complex with "intelligence." That is, they think others have it and they don't. I wonder if this could go for SFPs as a group, as the ISFPs I know seem to think the same way.

-They are energetic and jovial. They never stay down for very long.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As expressed INTJ I don't find common ground with them. But that does not mean that I hate them.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
That's great Lauren. Now I understand why he often asks after me when I'm quiet and aloof. He hates to think I am upset from him.

Ohh that hating to be alone. If ever he stays home alone he talks about the house like its a mausoleum and may even see things. My daughter is the same way. LOL of course I rarely if ever see any shadow people. :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No threads on ESFP's mostly because there's not enough of us to answer them, and I noticed that a lot of the people on this site don't know any, or don't think they know any, or just aren't close to any.

Oh, and hugs for your lovely interpretation of us :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And to answer the OP about depression. If i'm not in contact with people personally, I get really tired and blah. Not really out right depression, but just generalized lameness.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he tends to get depressed when he feels like he's confined and not able to have fun.

Yea, this. Confinement and commitment are very stifling.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea, this. Confinement and commitment are very stifling.

My ESFP friend said once when we were talking about relationships and I mentioned the word commitment; "Commitment? That sounds so permanent. Gosh, it sounds terrible."

:laugh:

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
It's great to meet another ESFP. I wish I could get my husband interested in MBTI.

Frank

My good buddy is an esfp. He's charming and charismatic. He know just about everyone and they all seem to like him. He's also quite musically talented. Downsides are not much forethought in his actions and is quite materialistic.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I know some, but only as acquaintances. They are really great, goodhearted people.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
ESFPs tend to annoy me. Then again, I've only run into immature ones.

zillah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
-They have a complex with "intelligence." That is, they think others have it and they don't. I wonder if this could go for SFPs as a group, as the ISFPs I know seem to think the same way.

I even know an ISTP who thinks that. Note to world, please stop telling SPs they are dumb because they don't like to read 800 page philosophical treatises!! :huh: There's more than one way to be smart.