• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP in a relationship with another ESTP

beammeup

MBTI Type
ESTP
Hello all,

I'm sorry for the long post. I have a few questions if anyone wants to take the time to try and answer them. =D

I am an ESTP guy in a relatively new relationship [about 2 and a half weeks now] with an ESTP girl. In the past, I have consistently ended up dating girls that, as I look back, are very similar to eachother.

Typically, the girls I date would
- have depression issues [most are bipolar]
- rely very heavily on me for emotional support
- insist on seeing me every day, or very close to it
- move very slowly in general in life [from my perspective], but move very quickly in a relationship
- be about 5"3 or 5"4
- be extremely heartbroken when we broke up, call me for weeks, even months later at times

Does anyone know what type that type of girl is? Hehe.

This girl, that I just started dating, is also an ESTP. She is the most amazing girl I have ever met, or dated. This relationship is COMPLETELY different for me. I also find her extremely attractive and I'm very sure she thinks the same of me. The sex is RIDICULOUSLY good.

She has said that in the past she has trouble committing to a relationship and 'just fucks it up'. I feel similarly about my past relationships but I do not blame myself - I know those girls were not right for me. She blames herself and I believe she thinks that she may do it to me in the future. As if she will get bored and a flip will just switch off. I've had that happen to me but cannot see that happening with us and it worries me ^^

Another worry I have is that she or I will get bored with the sex. I know that I'm sexually driven, and she is too, and if either of us get bored bad things will happen. I'm not sure what I can do about this outside of being very careful to keep things fresh.

Does anyone have any tips for an ESTP / ESTP relationship?

Unique

lol I relate, NF girls seem pretty attracted to the ESTP... see us as maybe as something solid to rely on, helps with their emotions

I haven't actually dated an ESTP, did kiss and had a bit of a "thing" going with one but she found some F guy in the end

According to socionics same type relations work well, you might not learn much from each other but pfft got other friends for that eh?

:)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTP dating another ESTP usually ends in a fistfight.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not an ESTP and I can't exactly relate to your situation, but I'll just tell you how it is straight up. You will have a lot of fun in this relationship, if all goes well it will last. You will enjoy the fact that you will "get" each other. This may become a burden to you because you may get bored, you are the same personality type. Find the differences in each other and embrace them to keep this interesting for you. If you find these differences then this can work, the "getting" each other factor will be a good one for you, you won't have any issues with communication (this is a very good thing). I'm sure you know how bad it can get when communication is complicated and your significant other and you didn't relate too much.

If you haven't already I'd say embrace each other's interests, with the ESTPs I know this seems to be a great way to bond with them (if not the best). If you have any issues make them clear. Etc. Insert cliche relationship advice here.

Good luck. :)

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I LOL'd when i read this title....

If there ever was a personality type that would explode when coming into contact with itself in a relationship, it'd be ESTP. I predict hard times for you, son

then again the only ESTP i know well is from Miami, so he's "Extreme" ESTP and may not generalize to you 2

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTP dating another ESTP usually ends in a fistfight.

If not (*auto-)arson .

I'm all for it.

*Depending on whether they're home when the fight breaks out.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
My boyfriend is ESTP too.
So yeah, the relationship is pretty awkward. Not that we don't get along wonderfully.

But hm, the fights are also "wonderful".

Yep, tough times are coming.
Prepare yourself.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
SP's do not take NF girls. They are valuable strategic resources to NT guys who cannot hope to make it with the rest of the dumb sensor world.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Also happened to Kiersey. Also, the only people who don't get scared out of their skins be me are NF's. SP's think I'm a moron. SJ's think I'm creepy. NF's think I'm good but confused. NT's, damn, I don't know any others. Kiersey is right about the NT-NF thing. Also SP's, you have about 80% of the population at your disposal for your best mates (SJ's and other SP's). The Please Understand Me book is accurate about there being a type dynamic. Also, there are very few NF girls. I've run my calculations for me in the best of circumstances, not even accounting for homosexuality or age, and there are only about a few hundred million. Also, NT's aren't as prone to spur of the moment betrayals as SP's. Read the forum about the NF and NT types being drawn together.

Unique

Women aren't attracted to you because you're a narrow minded jerk mortabunt not because they are N or S

Also just lol at "please understand me book" and "accurate" being in the same sentence

Even more amusing than "all SPs" and "sky diving" being in the same sentence

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ESTP+ESTP action?

Arm wrestle her.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Propbably a good short-term relationship, but i would not put any bets on it, unless you guys fall in love by some miracle which is not common for STP's, or by some other factor.

Unique

Propbably a good short-term relationship, but i would not put any bets on it, unless you guys fall in love by some miracle which is not common for STP's, or by some other factor.

Everyone is capable of falling in love

Oh and girl ESTPs are pretty awesome :p

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I've run my calculations for me in the best of circumstances, not even accounting for homosexuality or age, and there are only about a few hundred million. Also, NT's aren't as prone to spur of the moment betrayals as SP's. Read the forum about the NF and NT types being drawn together.

Where are you getting these numbers? Have there ever been any conclusive findings regarding the percentages of the sixteen types in the general population?

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Where are you getting these numbers? Have there ever been any conclusive findings regarding the percentages of the sixteen types in the general population?
Based on dealing with people like this in the past - I'd say he's using an isolated incident and then using that for some odd system of math.

Having said something clever, I conclude he is an INTJ.

Say it with me, isolated incident. You'll feel clever too.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
Based on dealing with people like this in the past - I'd say he's using an isolated incident and then using that for some odd system of math.

Having said something clever, I conclude he is an INTJ.

Say it with me, isolated incident. You'll feel clever too.

Isolated incident. You're right, that did make me feel rather clever. :newwink:

However, I find myself disagreeing with the idea of him being an INTJ. Generally, they make sense and are more grounded in an objective logic. If he is using an isolated incident as the basis for his own subjective system of math... wouldn't that be more INTP, since they are usually willing to run down a personal rabbit hole just to see what can be found? The fact that he's actually taking his findings seriously is different from the INTPs I've observed, though. Perhaps he's unhealthy.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Isolated incident. You're right, that did make me feel rather clever. :newwink:

However, I find myself disagreeing with the idea of him being an INTJ. Generally, they make sense and are more grounded in an objective logic. If he is using an isolated incident as the basis for his own subjective system of math... wouldn't that be more INTP, since they are usually willing to run down a personal rabbit hole just to see what can be found? The fact that he's actually taking his findings seriously is different from the INTPs I've observed, though. Perhaps he's unhealthy.
Agreed.