• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Are ISFPs intellectual?

maliafee

Me too.

Otherwise I'm pretty much ISFP I think, although I can get a little INTPish in discussions about religion.

I become sorta INTP in intellectual arguments, too.

I wonder if this is common? ISFP's get a bad rap in terms of people assuming we're largely unserious and not particularly intellectually smart, but a lot of us really are intellectually intelligent, imo.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Define intellectual. :D

Someone who is ready willing and able to have sex at least twice a day every day. Not only ready willing and able but prefer it that way. And I'm not talking quickies either.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Being an intellectual means you find Edgar amusing, nay, hilarious.

Most of the mods do not find me hilarious, which means they are non-intellectual and authoritarian, which means I am...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRu9yzlTRI"]Back in the USSR[/YOUTUBE]

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Someone who is ready willing and able to have sex at least twice a day every day. Not only ready willing and able but prefer it that way. And I'm not talking quickies either.

That's my line :steam:

wolfy

awsm
"Intellectual" can be used to mean, broadly, one of three classifications of human beings:

1. An individual who is deeply involved in abstract erudite ideas and theories.
2. An individual whose profession solely involves the dissemination and/or production of ideas, as opposed to producing products (e.g. a steel worker) or services (e.g. an electrician). For example, lawyers, professors, politicians, and scientists.[1]
3. An individual of notable expertise in culture and the arts, expertise which allows them some cultural authority, which they then use to speak in public on other matters.

I'm not sure about #1 What does erudite mean? Is that a way to describe Jeffster's avatar.

#2 I suppose could be

#3 Sounds like Bob Dylan, so possible.

maliafee

I'm not sure about #1 What does erudite mean? Is that a way to describe Jeffster's avatar.

#2 I suppose could be

#3 Sounds like Bob Dylan, so possible.

#1 - HILARIOUS!
#3 - I know, right?

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
I think we can be intellectual when we feel like it!

wolfy

awsm
You'd need to define it. If you define it as anal-ysing then maybe not.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Anyway if an ISFP woke up one day and decided to be an "intellectual", I don't think there is much stopping them, in fact I'm sure our open minded curiousity would come in handy.

wolfy

awsm
Anyway if an ISFP woke up one day and decided to be an "intellectual", I don't think there is much stopping them, in fact I'm sure our open minded curiousity would come in handy.

I agree. Especially this definition a person who uses the mind creatively

Intellectual
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
# of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind; "intellectual problems"; "the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
# appealing to or using the intellect; "satire is an intellectual weapon"; "intellectual workers engaged in creative literary or artistic or scientific labor"; "has tremendous intellectual sympathy for oppressed people"; "coldly intellectual"; "sort of the intellectual type"; "intellectual ...
# a person who uses the mind creatively
# cerebral: involving intelligence rather than emotions or instinct; "a cerebral approach to the problem"; "cerebral drama"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know any intellectual ISFPs.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not. I don't like that word, it seems kinda icky.

D

Dali

People think I'm one; I blame it on my intense curiosity and love for reading which means I have a pretty large store of facts and ideas to draw on. I also have the ability to see (and argue) both sides of a coin and so that may be another factor.

So, yeah, I wouldn't necessarily call myself an intellectual but I do believe many of my friends would.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
They ask some of the same questions as intellectuals, but don't have as many of the answers.