• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Drug abuse and Se

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Are people with high Se are known to experiment with drugs? Or is it just a perciever thing? Because I know some people who are extremely self destructive with drugs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It's a running theory of mine that an ESTP will try any drug or substance known to man, if they are in the same room as the people who are using it.

In fact, I've seen an ESTP try a very powerful psychedelic (2c-e, a research chemical that no one really knows much about) with no knowledge about what it is and only after a few seconds of someone talking them into it.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Are they Ps?

Well, P's are most likely going to test the limits than Js. Most Js I know are wimps, they fear the uncertainty.

Not advocating Ps should try drugs though, because i don't touch those things.

maliafee

A lot of SJ's will try drugs if their friends do them. I know an SJ who had a serious drug problem.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think it might be more of a Perceiver thing due to our open mind, and less of a Judger because they need structure. Drug's don't have much structure to them considering that every time you take them it could be a different experience.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, P's are most likely going to test the limits than Js. Most Js I know are wimps, they fear the uncertainty.

Not advocating Ps should try drugs though, because i don't touch those things.

That doesn't answer my question.

Are the people you're talking about Ps?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of SJ's will try drugs if their friends do them. I know an SJ who had a serious drug problem.

me too, an istj. i had to be the one to tell him to chill out.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I had a drug problem for a few years. Combination of living away from my parents for the first time, being around tons of drugs, and being depressed. I was usually at the forefront of trying new and crazy things when it comes to chemicals.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I have an INTJ friend who has done all sorts of drugs since he was a teenager. He reads up on science and medicine and knows exactly what he's putting into his body, what effect it will have, and why.

A few of the other friends who come to mind that experiment with drugs are an ENTJ and some who are likely F's and P's. I can't think of any S's off the top of my head.

Unique

It's a running theory of mine that an ESTP will try any drug or substance known to man, if they are in the same room as the people who are using it.

In fact, I've seen an ESTP try a very powerful psychedelic (2c-e, a research chemical that no one really knows much about) with no knowledge about what it is and only after a few seconds of someone talking them into it.

I don't do drugs

From
ESTP

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't do drugs

From
ESTP

Bro, here, try these..

pills.jpg

Take it all at once with food.

maliafee

Personally, I feel the opposite way and enjoy opiates and other downers because it makes everything mellow and quells any anxiety. Then again, uppers don't seem to work on me. But I still haven't tried acid or anything similar, so we'll see if that is enjoyable to me or just freaking scary. I hate scary.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
When I used drugs I enjoyed sensate activities. On MJ, for example (appropriate for the date) I really enjoyed carving turns on my mountain bike for instance - just countersteering and loosening up on the bars and letting the bike rail through turns, shifting the weight from back to front to control the skid of the wheels over dirt/gravel, watching my line through the path while judging grip through feel and sound. Very relaxing.

Malia - acid isn't scary. If you have a cool head you'll be alright. Even if you don't, you'll still be ok. I remember I took two tabs and so did everyone else. Initially I had lots of worries/anxiety about what would happen. A few hours later and they were all on the couch, watching cartoons and freaking out about how the walls were moving around. I was wondering why they were freaking out. Yeah, the walls looked like they were moving, and there were streamers, and some other weird things, but I just made adjustments for it and went about my business.

I wouldn't worry about bad trips unless you are a really high strung person. My friend (not under the influence) came up behind me (during that same trip), grabbed me and put a knife to my throat*. If you asked me how I think I would react to that beforehand, I would guess I would freak out. But I didn't. I was like, "...uh? what are you doing? That's sorta weird..." It was pretty funny actually, cause people around me had the funniest facial expressions (shock, confusion, inattention).

After that I went out and hucked** my bike down a flight of stairs.

*shrugs*

I don't seek out drugs as an activity anymore though. No real reason, just don't.

*PS: my friends are great huh?

**for those not familiar with "hucked" i mean I jumped down some stairs riding my bike...not just senselessly throwing (ie. with arms) my bike.

Last edited:

phoenity

Personally, I feel the opposite way and enjoy opiates and other downers because it makes everything mellow and quells any anxiety. Then again, uppers don't seem to work on me. But I still haven't tried acid or anything similar, so we'll see if that is enjoyable to me or just freaking scary. I hate scary.

Exactly what I meant. It makes me feel nothing at all, except for good. But it's a very artificial good, because as soon as I start coming down I just want more.

My "gateway" drug happened to be a prescription for opiates when I had my wisdom teeth removed. The doctor said to just call if I needed any more. I went through a two week supply in five days. I liked numbing the pain, but I really, really liked feeling good...opiate good. That's the point I knew opiates were dangerous for me. I didn't call him back, even though I was still in a bit of pain, and my body was craving the dopamine rush. I experienced first hand the intense pull of an opiate addiction. I can't even begin to imagine what heroin feels like, and how easy it would be to become physically hooked.

Oh, and Bamboo, I agree. Riding my bicycle on a nice day is really nice after some mj. So is swimming. And so is running. It just seems like I'm so relaxed I can easily get into this rhythm where everything just syncs perfectly without having to think about it.

Acid trips are most beneficial for me when I prepare for them. I like to make them a very special occasion, and plan a special trip or whole day of activity, or inactivity, around it. If something's been on my mind for awhile, I make a point to think about it during the trip. These are best for me when alone, or with a few friends I trust dearly. I've had some similar experiences you've described, and while I didn't panic, they certainly weren't ideal. In some cases, when it was really intense, I had to consciously focus on staying in reality, because I couldn't trust the environment to do otherwise. This was extremely mentally draining, and after awhile I had to remove myself from the environment, and go be by myself, or with other similar folk who wanted to get away from the "party".

I'm sure if it weren't for the fact that I'm a very calm person by nature, an unideal environment during a trip could turn quite scary.

I get the most out of a trip when I feel absolutely safe, physically and emotionally, and I can just let it flow.