• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Drug abuse and Se

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Mj is a trip for me. I cannot stop thinking. I become uber focused on figuring things out. It's cool if I'm just chilling, but it's crippling if I'm trying to do something. I can't focus on anything outside of my head for a length of time.

psychedelics are pretty crazy, but I've only tried salvia which from what I hear is actually one of the strongest hallucinogens. After about 15 minutes of being in another dimension, I was wondering what the actual reality was for a bit.

edit: thought i'd mention I don't do any drugs anymore.. aside from an occasional mj session.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
To paraphrase what my drug-counselor psychotherapist with multiple degrees (who still goes to college to receive continuing education and stay up-to-date on his practices), with over 35 years experience counseling with addicts, says:

Addiction is a nameless faceless selfish disease. The ingredients to become an addict are essentially a bad childhood, and genetics. Sometimes only One is needed. People from all walks of life, all kinds of people of all different temperaments suffer from the disease.

So, I'm going to go with what he says. All personality types are likely to get involved with drugs.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
me too, an istj. i had to be the one to tell him to chill out.

Me too.

The only two SJ's (ISTJ) I know (that have taken the test several times) both had SERIOUS drug problems as well.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Eh, that's not true. Neither is needed.

There are exceptions to every rule. Those guidelines are a rule of thumb.
And, a bad childhood can be as simple as neglect, so it's a broad category.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
There are exceptions to every rule. Those guidelines are a rule of thumb.
And, a bad childhood can be as simple as neglect, so it's a broad category.

I wouldn't even call it a rule of thumb. Most drug users I know had perfectly fine childhoods, and don't have parents that use.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can't relate the propensity to take drugs with specific personality types. I think every type experiments, and has the capacity for addiction.
IMHO

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISTP ex was a terrible drug addict.

Then again, I was slapping booze and pills away from several ENTPs I knew/know.

*shrugs*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
+ you naked on the carburetor and you can count me in :)

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I would have to say this applies to me in a way. Although, abuse is the wrong word because it implies that I misused those substances.

I love to indulge in sensory experiences. Those experiences on psychedelics are out of this world, like a dream. Perceptions are so incredibly altered things no longer seem real as I knew them before, but I know they're real because I can interact with them in the here-and-now with my senses. It provides an opportunity for me to learn again about things I always thought I "knew". Like temporarily having the mind of a child, and discovering something for the first time. It's not a feeling I can recall from the past, but it's something I can observe in a young child when they're exposed to something completely new.

In my opinion, there's certainly a reason entheogens have been used for thousands of years.

I enjoy these experiences the most either by myself, or with a few VERY close friends.

Things like opiates, barbiturates, and stimulants do not appeal to me as they do nothing for altering or intensifying sensory perceptions. Instead, they just make me feel nothing at all. Those are the physiologically dangerous substances anyway.

Well, it's clear that you enjoy the sensory experiences brought about by psychedelics. However, is it really worth the risk of getting caught with that stuff? I mean, it could wreck your life if that happened... jail wouldn't be fun. :sad: