• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Are ISTP's the "wittiest" type?

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I'd like to keep all the ISTPs like carrier pigeons, free and happy but mine... I have snacks too guys support the recognition of ISTP for their sense of humour. I don't know about the label of wit, but what they do have is an absolute pleasure to watch/experience/be a victim of.

:peepwall:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are both confused.

ESTPs are the wittiest of all. We rule. :D

No, just the most arrogant.

I vote for ESTPs and INTJs... great timing the both of them!

like zomg I <3 INTJ humor. It always feels like I've really accomplished something when I can get them to laugh, because it has to be clever for them to even bat an eye.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I'd like to keep all the ISTPs like carrier pigeons, free and happy but mine... I have snacks too guys support the recognition of ISTP for their sense of humour. I don't know about the label of wit, but what they do have is an absolute pleasure to watch/experience/be a victim of.

:peepwall:

Snacks you say?! :drool:

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
*false sense of security*

Yeah ISTP, I want to hear all about your adventures and thoughts on life. Just come over under this tree... The bracelet? Oh yeah it's just for show. The beeping light? The latest trend. Now your adventures??

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
*false sense of security*

Yeah ISTP, I want to hear all about your adventures and thoughts on life. Just come over under this tree... The bracelet? Oh yeah it's just for show. The beeping light? The latest trend. Now your adventures??

What kind of a guy do you think I am?! *feigns outrage* The bracelet is going to cost you more than some snacks!

:run:

Edit: look at the legos, ooooh

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Brevity is the soul of wit. Things aren't funny if they are said a long time after the fact. So, short attention span, creativity, and responsiveness... that's the milieu of the ENTP. I am more funny in larger groups where there is more fuel for associative thinking. About 6-7 people in an audience is perfect.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It might be fair to say that ISTPs have the driest wit (with INTJs) but not the most.

I hope this isn't one of those threads where you start kissing one type's ass.

I don't see those threads as kissing one type's ass. They are just about people thinking of all of the positives of a particular type and ignoring the negatives for the moment. Rather nice, actually. :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not witty at all. I can't think on my feet very well. I'm good at making snarky comments though, which is not quite the same thing :rolleyes:

phoenity

My ENTP friend is very active in the conversation, making his wit very apparent and expected.

I listen to the conversation in amusement, observing people's reactions to the constant flow of outrageous comments. My wit comes in only single occasional lines, interjected when most people least expect it.

Then they look at me, "Sorry, did you say something?"

No, you're just hearing things.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This thread might have been parody. The connection I find to reality is this: many hit-men portrayed in movies etc shoot fun one-liners (in addition to villains), which are the poor man's replacement for wit.

phoenity

This thread might have been parody. The connection I find to reality is this: many hit-men portrayed in movies etc shoot fun one-liners (in addition to villains), which are the poor man's replacement for wit.

The problem there is the connection of poorly-scripted action movies to reality. :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The problem there is the connection of poorly-scripted action movies to reality. :D
However bad, still the closest connection I can find with ISTP and wit.

Perhaps this is with seeing one ISTP as my girlfriend.

One my friend of many friends was an ISTP too, just a chilled out person, but wit.. absolutely not. He was the sensible man, the regular guy, one with feet on the ground, or sometimes on a surf board. Or sand on the beach. Often joking, enjoying the life, kidding about everything serious. Sometimes talking the serious stuff.

Witty? No.

Respectable man neverthereless. Really respectable.

Other ISTP? Just passing encounters with them. Nothing memorable about their wit.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
However bad, still the closest connection I can find with ISTP and wit.

Perhaps this is with seeing one ISTP as my girlfriend.

One my friend of many friends was an ISTP too, just a chilled out person, but wit.. absolutely not. He was the sensible man, the regular guy, one with feet on the ground, or sometimes on a surf board. Or sand on the beach. Often joking, enjoying the life, kidding about everything serious. Sometimes talking the serious stuff.

Witty? No.

Respectable man neverthereless. Really respectable.

Other ISTP? Just passing encounters with them. Nothing memorable about their wit.

I can be witty, but it is a stupid N type wit. Drives my wife nuts. I can basically relate anything to anything of the top of my head. Gotta love Ti+Ni. This also works excellent for excuses because I can confuse people with things that make so much sense until you step back and think about it. I get the phrase are you kidding me alot because I can come up with some pretty believable crap.

My type of wit is my son asks me why we gave our dogs to my sister-in-law. My response was "they wouldnt stop peeing on the floor", he said "oh", then I responded "so dont you go peeing on the floor or we will give you away." He looked at me and laughed and said "I dont pee on the floor", then gave me this look and was like "you wouldnt really give me away would you" The logic is there, but is purposely related in a jacked up way. I always end up telling him I was joking. Dont want to scar him.

edit: stupid N type means that it is relational or N type wit that is meant to be misleading.