• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Impending break up (sigh)

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Can't say I'm surprised. It isn't the worst relationship, just lacking that something special. Two people with two different agendas and not enough overlap. Starting over sucks. Maybe I won't start over this time. Who knows? It's always fun until it's not. :violin:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
You'll get over it. Sorry, though. It's never easy. Virtual hugs! Keep coming here and we can support you!

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
You'll get over it. Sorry, though. It's never easy. Virtual hugs! Keep coming here and we can support you!

Thanks.

Not so sure how "over it", I'll get. Looking like a paradigm shift for me, I mean, it seems to me that when it's new it's always great, it's when things get familiar and routine, when yesterday was just like today and today will be like tomorrow, seems things always fizz out at that point. Like the only thing I can rely on is the end. Leads me wonder what's the point of being "serious" about anyone when "all good things come to an end". :violin:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lots of pretty laydeeZ out there, Kendo. :) No worries!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks.

Not so sure how "over it", I'll get. Looking like a paradigm shift for me, I mean, it seems to me that when it's new it's always great, it's when things get familiar and routine, when yesterday was just like today and today will be like tomorrow, seems things always fizz out at that point. Like the only thing I can rely on is the end. Leads me wonder what's the point of being "serious" about anyone when "all good things come to an end". :violin:

That's just pride fucking with you. These feelings will ease. Just let them sit for a while. Being sad and hurt is part of it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's just pride fucking with you. These feelings will ease. Just let them sit for a while. Being sad and hurt is part of it.

Ahh, don't listen to Synarch - he's got the heart of an F type. What you need to do is walk it off and get back into the game! In life, ALL things come to an end one way or another, you can't let it break you.

Mourn over this for a day or two, but be ready to throw down on Sun, we'll have fun, I promise!

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Lots of pretty laydeeZ out there, Kendo. :) No worries!

I knows, it's not a question of will I met someone else, it's a question of what do I expect from them

Not pride, inevitability, I don't know if I believe in "happily ever after" anymore. I don't know any happily married people, I know my fair share of divorcee's, or relationships hanging on by a thread if not heading to the chopping block. Just seeming like commitment isn't the move...:violin:

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Ahh, don't listen to Synarch - he's got the heart of an F type. What you need to do is walk it off and get back into the game! In life, ALL things come to an end one way or another, you can't let it break you.

Mourn over this for a day or two, but be ready to throw down on Sun, we'll have fun, I promise!

Mmm, promises of fun... *rolls up* :smoke:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not pride, inevitability, I don't know if I believe in "happily ever after" anymore. I don't know any happily married people, I know my fair share of divorcee's, or relationships hanging on by a thread if not heading to the chopping block. Just seeming like commitment isn't the move...:violin:

You probably don't know any people from Guam, either, but they exist.

I'm with Synarch. You're just a little disappointed right now. In a few days your entire perspective will change, and you'll laugh at how depressed you sound right now.

I'll throw down $5.

(Awesome, we're finally betting on feelings.)

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
You probably don't know any people from Guam, either, but they exist.

I'm with Synarch. You're just a little disappointed right now. In a few days your entire perspective will change, and you'll laugh at how depressed you sound right now.

I'll throw down $5.

(Awesome, we're finally betting on feelings.)

/Drunk and :smoke: Ya proly rite

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
3 steps:

1. What are the reasons you're pissed at yourself?
2. What do you think you should do about it (for the future)?
3. What are your doubts on why #2 won't work?

This works for me, though doesn't have to be that structured. You might want to write it down (perhaps somewhere private, not here). Then read it a few days later. Repeat the steps again then, if you want. Compare.

You'll learn something.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
3 steps:

1. What are the reasons you're pissed at yourself?
2. What do you think you should do about it (for the future)?
3. What are your doubts on why #2 won't work?

This works for me, though doesn't have to be that structured. You might want to write it down (perhaps somewhere private, not here). Then read it a few days later. Repeat the steps again then, if you want. Compare.

You'll learn something.

Promise to read this when I sober up...

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Take your time.

Also,:moonwalk::banana2::moonwalk::banana:

Take this shit really seriously. Or else.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry to hear Kendo :hug:

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
[youtube=RMu8r6mAtJY]Sky Chord[/youtube]

[youtube=4gIy5LQnzew]Translation[/youtube]

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You are an STP after all. The daily grind is our kryptonite. The gift of that fucked up curse is that once you come to grips with it, you realize that you will stay if there is enough in it for you. So, the trick is to re-assess how things are in your relationship, and make the "stay or bail" decision a little more prospectively, and not just let it hit you on the back of the head like a textbook thrown from an open window of a school bus.

Also, don't get into something and commit yourself at a serious level until you are damn sure there is a big batch of goodies that you are keen on. People change over time. If some of the things you like about them go by-bye, is the bundle that's left still appealing, considering the new things that manifest about them could be bad, neutral, or fucking fantastic?

Good luck! Frown not, life is long, you are young, game on... :D