• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Counterpart for an ESFP

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISFJ: Se flows into Si, Fe into Fi etc.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LukePD, that's the general theory. I think Keirsey (the guy who wrote Please Understand Me, and set up the Temperaments SP, SJ, NF, NT) is the main guy pushing that one, but maybe even other people are pushing it, too.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about other esfps, but I would personally go for isxj. intp-maybe for a friend. I tried that in a relationship, didn't work. I guess i would be open to any relationship, but isxj is my safest bet for any kind of a relationship so far.

no mention of ur ENTJ?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no mention of ur ENTJ?

well, yes. my relationship with entj seems to be working well. But if I had to pick someone based on type alone I don't think ENTJ would necissarily be my first choice. (which is why i don't base it on type :) ) I just think that ISXJ's are the people who I most readily get along with. They feel like more my "dual" even though they aren't.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where's this theory from? seems odd

That would be an ISFJ for me whom I don't really have that much interest for

Luke, the idea behind it is that you share the same form of communication, yet grow from your differences. This allows you to tolerate the person and yet feel a sense of interest in them, due to the fact that you have a lot to learn.

Unique

Luke, the idea behind it is that you share the same form of communication, yet grow from your differences. This allows you to tolerate the person and yet feel a sense of interest in them, due to the fact that you have a lot to learn.

That may be so... but time and time again I see socionics theory working in the real world. My parents are a dual for starters

I like to see what is working best around me and when I realized that I hang out with my duel and activity partner on a regular basis and have trouble dealing with my "Quasi-Identical" father you start to see how much more accurate socionics is

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

im now confident that socionics relations are accurate in the sense of how they 'might work'. i however do not think they are the best for relations. example: ISFJ + ENTJ is probably one of the best friendships/work partners you could have, but i could never date one, because they wouldnt be able to handle my intensity, tangent thinking (IRL) etc

using ur theory (which isnt socionics i now realize) id be with INFP... i again struggle to see how they'd keep up with my intensity (again, IRL intensity is way different than forum intensity).

the best ive seen so far is lemons: take your weakest letters and flip them (this puts you with someone who is VERY similar and just different enough). it also allows for say, one ENTJ to want XXXX and another to want YYYY.

example: ENtj would want ENFP, ENTj would want ENTP and eNtj would want INFP.

Unique

im now confident that socionics relations are accurate in the sense of how they 'might work'. i however do not think they are the best for relations. example: ISFJ + ENTJ is probably one of the best friendships/work partners you could have, but i could never date one, because they wouldnt be able to handle my intensity, tangent thinking (IRL) etc

using ur theory (which isnt socionics i now realize) id be with INFP... i again struggle to see how they'd keep up with my intensity (again, IRL intensity is way different than forum intensity).

the best ive seen so far is lemons: take your weakest letters and flip them (this puts you with someone who is VERY similar and just different enough). it also allows for say, one ENTJ to want XXXX and another to want YYYY.

example: ENtj would want ENFP, ENTj would want ENTP and eNtj would want INFP.

Sorry what... my theory? I don't have a theory... I follow socionics on this, I was saying the INFP is my duel...

Interesting that you don't think you could date your duel... perhaps you have not met a duel you have been attracted to in a "partner" sense.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry what... my theory? I don't have a theory... I follow socionics on this, I was saying the INFP is my duel...

Interesting that you don't think you could date your duel... perhaps you have not met a duel you have been attracted to in a "partner" sense.

if you'll notice, i quoted BlackCat and was referring to his XYXX theory. i should of picked the actaul post of his to quote :smackshead:

also, im pretty sure that my best friend from way back in high school is ISFJ. also my roommate last year was ISFJ. im just too intense and unconventional for them (especially the female ISFJs i would think, though i have never been close to one)...i can never fully unleash my craziness around them. My search for greatest level of utility (for me) can sometimes lead to some very 'ENTP' like behavior... (and im not ENTP).

I really think wherever lemmons got that idea is the best. It allows people of the same "type" to have a different "perfect" match.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

this would explain my isxj thing.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lemons does have a good theory. Anything works really, just try to not get with your opposite. My ideal type according to him is INTJ or maybe ISTJ. I can see that happening.

As for ENTJ relationships you have to find an INFP for actually has a hard hide and is able to handle your intensity. They are out there, trust me. I actually am pretty intense myself, so I think it would be funny seeing how that relationship would go.