• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] How do you react to anger?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
How do you as SP's react to anger?.

Im usually too detached to get riled up, but when i do which is rare, i metamorph into an IED. There are two stages, the one where i am frustrated, heated and dark, i become verbally abusive and warn people not to cross me. And the second stage where i am on the brink of externally destructive behavior, aggresiveness seething.

Im under the impression that STP's will react with calm anger.

SP you are invited to elaborate.

wolfy

awsm
I'm pretty much the same as you. I try to block my anger. So when I do get angry it's a torrent. Doesn't last though.

Unique

It takes A LOT to get me angry but when that does happen, I stew & stew & stew on the inside and completely detach from that person. If the person is civil, I can quite quickly get over what made me angry and get back to being friends with them BUT if someone mocked an aspect of my personality either expressly or in an implied manner (and it's not done in jest), then I NEVER forgive them. EVER. I might get back to being civil but not close/friendly.

How do you other SPs express your anger?

I believe the two threads are different. This thread is about how we react to anger, yours is more about how we express ours

Now to answer your question introverted-esfp

Anger is extremely "foreign" to me (which is the best word I can use to describe it.)

I get nervous and don't really know what to do honestly... I usually spray them with wisdom/logic which fuels their rage... scary

So thats how I react, I try to leave the situation as soon as my logic starts to make them bitter. Often their rage will frustrate me I try to break through it and it becomes worse

As for me, I believe I've said in another thread that I don't experience anger or rage... Sure I'm not innocent when it comes to telling someone off or yelling but was I angry? not really... frustrated by them but never angry

When I was younger, tried the whole door slam thing... just felt fake and stupid so its never been repeated. (hey as an ESTP you have to try things to know, can't say in theory its stupid can we? :p)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I react poorly to anger. I don't like confrontation at all.
Usually I just become withdrawn and quiet.
Sometimes when its necissary, I can have a good argument. I'm a very fair, level headed fighter. I usually argue to solve the problem rather than just to argue.
Once in a great while people will push me to my limit though, and then I'm outright scary, screaming at the top of my lungs, swearing, slamming doors. Usually they are a close relative or boyfriend, so nobody knows that side of me. They really need to do something wrong for that to happen. I've yelled at a stranger once for having his violent dog loose and running after my dog. Only once.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
It doesn't do much. I react with calmness, and logic, in a "stronger" tone of voice than my norm. I try to be nice, and try to resolve things. I don't like arguing, or being mean to people, especially since people are often angry for other reasons besides what they've said.

However, as soon as someone starts acting angry with me, I also begin mentally finding holes in their arguments. If the first method fails (nice and resolving things) and they start making personal attacks, I go for the alternative.....increasing my tone of voice, and pretty much tearing them to shreds verbally. I also have an advantage here, in that I'm normally quiet, but when the switch is thrown, I can talk in a loud, "booming" voice, that overpowers pretty much everyone else in volume. This is rare though, maybe once or twice in a heated argument in the past few months.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anger really doesn't faze me. It just makes me think about the situation a little more and analyze them even more for there faults, and then mentally tear them apart. If they continue being angry/being angry with me, I will take all of their little "peeves" and secrets that they thought were secret but I figured out just by listening to them and use them against them, subsequently making them shut up a little while after. It clears my thinking, in a sense, from the little annoying emotions hanging around there.

TheAdaptableUser

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I try to react to anger with calmness and do my best to defuse a tense situation. There are times I have gotten angry. Often those were reactive times to people's anger. I yelled and used tons of snarky remarks. I have made someone cry after that, but now that's water under the bridge.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Anger from others just leaves me numb, I mostly zone out to that sort of stuff. If people can't speak to me calmly then I can't be bothered with it.

maliafee

Anger from others makes me get quiet and withdrawn, like ShortnSweet. I just wait it out. Sometimes it scares me. I don't like it. As soon as it seems safe I try to diffuse the situation if I know the person well, and say things that I believe are helpful and calming, things that are reasonable and kind.