• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Opinion on Morrissey

maliafee

What is your opinion on Morrissey?

His personality type:
His public image:
His music:
How much do you like his stuff? Love him or hate him? Why?

(MINE:)
Type: INFJ
Image: Melodramatic and mysterious and ironic
Music: Sardonic humor and melodrama. Last of the "old crooners." Great accent.
How much do I like it: SO MUCH. :D Grew up with ESTP and INTJ brothers adoring him. I really enjoy 70% of his music (and I love The Smiths), and out of that 70% I adore every song.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His personality type: INFJ....this has been analyzed a bit in the NF forum.

His public image: Definitely mysterious, ambiguous, dramatic and with a nearly iconic physical appearance.

His music: Witty, smart, articulate, emotional, biting, great singing voice. The Smiths music was original, inspiring, complex.

How much do you like his stuff? Love him or hate him? Why?
LOVE him. I like both The Smiths and his solo music. I have seen him about 5 times in concert. I admit in interviews he can come off like a prick, and his PETA associations and animal rights fanaticism is a turn-off. I think he is just a really intense person though, and ultimately I get that.

maliafee

Interesting; I don't mind his animal rights fanaticism. But I had no idea it was established that he was an INFJ. Cool. He is one of my favorite personalities. :D

S

Stansmith

His personality type: INFJ 4w3-5w6-1w9 So/Sp. The funny thing about him is, a lot of his lyrics that come off as being Sx in nature turn out to be either satirical, or a metaphor for more So or SP-related issues. There's one song I can think of off the top of my head that seems to be a rather intense, romantic ballad on the surface, but is actually about a financial dispute. Go figure.

His public image: Amusing.

His music: His solo work really grew on me after a while. While the instrumentation isn't as interestingn as his Smiths work, the strength of his lyrics more than make up for it. I've actually come to appreciate the more understated melodies that seem to characterize a lot of his solo work.

How much do you like his stuff? Love him or hate him? Why?: I like his stuff a lot. I've been a fan since practically the 9th grade.

Sunny Ghost

I had always figured INFx.

His image is... slightly pompous. He's just... such a 4.

I've always loved The Smiths.

S

Stansmith

I had always figured INFx.

His image is... slightly pompous. He's just... such a 4.

I've always loved The Smiths.

I'm not sure about him being a Fi-user. Reading through his autobiography, he has this way of deflecting blame and keeping a tally on every remotely inconsiderate gesture which seems more like unhealthy Fe.