• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Era and style

maliafee

What is your ideal style era (which one do you identify with most, if your preference is not modern)?

1. What era is it?
2. Why that era?
3. Would you dress like that if you could find the right clothes NOW, or do you dress like that already?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I bet it were the 90s :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SvxaNQ6d7M"]Era[/YOUTUBE]

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your ideal style era (which one do you identify with most, if your preference is not modern)?

1. What era is it?

1930s-50s/80s (the 80s being a modern redux of old style, like art deco on steroids)

2. Why that era?

Everyone looked put together, gave some thought to what they were wearing.

3. Would you dress like that if you could find the right clothes NOW, or do you dress like that already?

Oh you bet I would. I have many things already like it - like a 50s style wrap dress, pink patent bombshell high heels and silk stockings, but man, it's expensive to look the look, know what I mean? I can't afford to dress that way, at least not for the last several years.

I see myself as a combination of computer-era flash and analog tailored bygone style. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

1. What era is it? RIGHT NOW, but I DIG 70's ADIDAS sportswear...

2. Why that era? NOW YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU LIKE, AND STILL GET AWAY WITH IT, LESS CONFORMITY OVER ALL I THINK.

3. Would you dress like that if you could find the right clothes NOW, or do you dress like that already? I'VE DRESSED AS I PLEASED FOR A LOOOONG TIME. I DRESS VERY SHARP AND CONSERVATIVE FOR BUSINESS, MODERN for CASUAL, ADIDAS at the GYM, and WHATEVER AROUND THE HOUSE...

:D

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
1. 60s
2. I wanna be a hippie living in san francisco!
3. I dress nothing like a hippie, but it would still be neat

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
1. What era is it?

The 6th century AD

2. Why that era?

I want to look like a viking.

Sure

wolfy

awsm

1. What era is it?
'69 to early '70s

2. Why that era?
Nice cars, change, like the attitude.

Some of it.

0001-5897-4%7E1964-Shelby-Daytona-Coupe-1969-Ford-GT-40-Posters.jpg

0155496.jpg

Last edited:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
1. What era is it? Renaissance
2. Why that era? I like the full-bodied skirt and the butterfly sleeves..when I was a child, I had a dress like the merchants of the Renaissance period w/c is made up of silk and velvet...and my classmates said I look good in it.
3. Would you dress like that if you could find the right clothes NOW, or do you dress like that already? I couldn't dress like that anymore because I live in the tropics where it's pretty hot.

Costume Dress for Renaissance Faire

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ

1. What era is it?
2. Why that era?

1. 1930's-40's America-Great Depression/ War time in the cities
2. The whole feel of it all. Also- alot of neutrals and darker colors of clothing, with touches of faded blue or greens or purples, and especially the red browns. Holes in socks, dusty paperboy caps, old red suspenders, rolled up shirt sleeves...
3. Probably not, seing as the girl options were basicslly a dress and some shoes. I might go that whole street urchin kind of thing, but not nessecarily. I really wear the modern equivalent- a T-shirt and some jeans/shorts/pajama pants.

not all that exciting.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
1980's for music. Without a doubt.

For lifestyle...I'll have to go back allllll the way to Cro-magnon/Neanderthal days. About a 20 hour work week, in which I hunt for food and maintain my hut, the rest of the time I get to hang out with my wife and watch the stars, run along the plains, and get chased by saber-toothed tigers.

A much better life than my own right now. There is a strong part of me that just wants to learn some survival skills, and get myself lost in the woods for a decade or two.

maliafee

Now for me:

What: 1930's (but I love the 1920's, 40's, 50's, and 60's, and could be swayed in any one of those directions)

Why: Style and glamour, baby. Beautiful tailoring, gorgeous lines, flattering cuts, lovely.

Would I: I do sometimes, but not as much as I'd like. Again, $.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wouldn't you like to see men in 30s/40s style three piece suits again, Malia? I was watching an old Brit show rerun, and one of the older men was wearing a smart looking dark navy suit. When he took the jacket off, there was the vest underneath (tasty) and his suspenders/braces peeking out from under the vest (TASTY).

That's hot.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I love this era, I mean look at all the possibilities. We are like gods these days!

But still, I think I would've loved to live in the 80s and get to see all the good metal bands live while they weren't old yet. And all their member in their 40s and totally lacking sexiness.

And also to get a break from mobile phones, computers and other modern stressful stuff.

I also think often how it would've been to live in the interbelic period. How sweet!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh heavens, yes. The 80s. Good times. I have a small list of guys I would have liked to drop like a wounded gnu.

maliafee

Wouldn't you like to see men in 30s/40s style three piece suits again, Malia? I was watching an old Brit show rerun, and one of the older men was wearing a smart looking dark navy suit. When he took the jacket off, there was the vest underneath (tasty) and his suspenders/braces peeking out from under the vest (TASTY).

That's hot.

Indeed.
Sixties suits can be pretty slick too. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed.
Sixties suits can be pretty slick too. :D

Absolutely! I see Dolce and Gabbana and Armani are still with that style. :yes: My mom likes watching "Dancing with the Stars" and Bruno's close cut mod suits are to die for.