• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] que?

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
so for a while I thought I was ISFJ. I've been reading up on ISFPs though and it really sounds like it's me, especially learning other peoples' perspectives etc.

how can I tell if I'm really ISFP?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, do you prefer to plan things or take them as they come?

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Reading up on the functions could also help. Do you identify more with Fe or Fi? Se or Si? Alternatively, which ones are the most foreign to you? If you're ISFP, Ti and Ne will probably be difficult to understand. If you're ISFJ, then the same goes for Ni and Te.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Introverts always have so much trouble with the J/P axis. It's annoying because Ps are actually dominant judging and Js are dominant perceiving.

Id say the biggest difference between IJs and IPs is certainty. IJs are very sure of themselves and IPs usually question their introverted decision making.

So if your not sure if you're IP or IJ, then youre IP :alttongue:

*Hoping this isn't complete bullshit*

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP

take them as they come

Reading up on the functions could also help. Do you identify more with Fe or Fi? Se or Si? Alternatively, which ones are the most foreign to you? If you're ISFP, Ti and Ne will probably be difficult to understand. If you're ISFJ, then the same goes for Ni and Te.

I have no idea how these functions work! if you could explain them to me that would help, but I don't want to be a burden

Introverts always have so much trouble with the J/P axis. It's annoying because Ps are actually dominant judging and Js are dominant perceiving.

Id say the biggest difference between IJs and IPs is certainty. IJs are very sure of themselves and IPs usually question their introverted decision making.

So if your not sure if you're IP or IJ, then youre IP

haha, well I am a little indecisive..

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have no idea how these functions work! if you could explain them to me that would help, but I don't want to be a burden

I'm not going to explain them, because I don't really know them well enough. :D

However:

Introverted Feeling

I think the links for the others are there. Just see which ones are fit you more.

Or you could try a test like this one:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html

I identify strongly with the descriptions for Ti and Se, (as well as Te and Ni, but to a lesser degree), and remember the first time I read about Ne and Fi they just seemed so... foreign.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So if your not sure if you're IP or IJ, then youre IP :alttongue:

That's awesome.

so for a while I thought I was ISFJ. I've been reading up on ISFPs though and it really sounds like it's me, especially learning other peoples' perspectives etc.

I also think that reading the functions is one of the best ways to go. Other than that, simplifying things in the question of J/P also helps. Do you like Rules? Do you like having the ability to make last minute decisions? Do you plan almost everything out? Do you like having things settled (Hence why SforzaRS isn't entirely wrong)? These are usually some of the tell tale questions that are asked. People who prefer judging tend to like a planned approach to life and prefer to have things settled. People who prefer perceiving tend to like a flexible and spontaneous approach to life and prefer to keep their options open.

Hope this helps.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nah, I already told you, there's like no ISFJ males around here. So you have to be.

Jeffster and the International Gang (wolfy, Quin, and Mo) already got the ISFP band covered. ;)

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
socionics is different from MBTI though.

You can be one type on MBTI and a different one on socionics.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I haven't read a lot about socionics so I can't explain in detail, but descriptions I have read of socionics say that it doesn't associate with MBTI.

I'm an INTJ in socionics

and the functions are different
socionics INTJ is Ni Te Fe Si
MBTI INTJ is Ni Te Fi Se

Edit:
I think socionics focuses on how you interact with people, and MBTI is who you are in general

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, Socionics and MBTI are two different typing systems, though they get similar results. Ever notice how on the MBTI it's INFP and on Socionics it's INFp. They do that to try and show the difference.

maliafee

SforZars that's not accurate. You would still be INTp in socionics, most likely. Their funcctions have different meanings. If you read the profiles, they match up INTP is basically like INTp, etc.

maliafee

warm8:

If you miss school or work do you feel terribly guilty? Do you ever miss school or work? Would you miss it if you could get away with it, or do you feel a firm drive to fulfill the obligation no matter what?

If you have a very hard time missing school or work then you are probably ISFJ. My boyfriend makes music and paints and is very creative and seems like an ISFP in some ways, but he is ISFJ for sure. He almost never misses school (he's in college) unless he absolutely, absolutely can't avoid it. If he does miss, he is kicking himself with guilt for the rest of the day.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
warm8:

If you miss school or work do you feel terribly guilty? Do you ever miss school or work? Would you miss it if you could get away with it, or do you feel a firm drive to fulfill the obligation no matter what?

If you have a very hard time missing school or work then you are probably ISFJ. My boyfriend makes music and paints and is very creative and seems like an ISFP in some ways, but he is ISFJ for sure. He almost never misses school (he's in college) unless he absolutely, absolutely can't avoid it. If he does miss, he is kicking himself with guilt for the rest of the day.

not really! I've missed a ton of school. I only feel really bad when (I feel like) I hurt someone's feelings.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh no! Another good boy has gone bad! :doh:

Oh well, join the party!

:party2: