• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP are beautiful souls

heart

heart on fire
Tolerance
Acceptance
Empathy
Understanding
Compassion
Deep Feeling
Dedication to self-expression.

What's not to love?:wubbie:

I have a good friend who is ISFP and I never met anyone like her. I wish I knew more of them. But I have the feeling ISFP and INFP hiding from each other in quietness!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You just haven't dug down to the inner ENTJ yet. :devil: :newwink:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Scary nonsensical Te.

(oops didn't mean to turn this into ISFP bashing thread, please go continue discussing our gloriousness).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, come on, it's not THAT scary.

As long as I take my medication. :devil:

wolfy

awsm
You all better watch out! When I take my Te-Bird out for a spin rubber burns!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scary nonsensical Te.

(oops didn't mean to turn this into ISFP bashing thread, please go continue discussing our gloriousness).

Yes, hush! You're messing up the ambience. What kind of ISFP are you?

Anyway, I agree. I'm convinced ISFPs have some kind of voodoo that pulls INFs in. I'm always drawn to their understated beauty, dignity, and openness. They're one of my favorite types.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both my mother and sister are likely ISFPs. There are some interesting relationships between the INFP and ISFP since they share a dominant function. An ISFP with a strongly developed tertiary Ni or an INFP with a strong tertiary Si can difficult to distinguish. I'm pretty sure my sister would test as an ISFP right now because we've had discussions where she talks about preferring concrete thinking. She has tested as INFP, but later has said she thinks she is a Sensor, but doesn't buy into MBTI much. She is a visual artist and her husband has tested as an ESFJ.

I believe the ISFP is described as the kindest of all the types.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are some interesting relationships between the INFP and ISFP since they share a dominant function. An ISFP with a strongly developed tertiary Ni or an INFP with a strong tertiary Si can difficult to distinguish.

so true, i can't type a few of my friends bc of this.

the one isfp friend i have diagnosed *for sure* is one of the easiest going most naturally giving people i know. the tertiary Ni makes them very understanding of my Ni leaps and bounds. the Fi makes them empathic and healing. the Se makes them good at what i am not good at, makes me exciting to partake in their weird tinkerings. always a very warm and creative atmosphere.

heart

heart on fire
so true, i can't type a few of my friends bc of this...

My ISFP friend comes up with great Ni but she doesn't trust it herself. I would think what a person trusts in would indicate which they prefer. From what I understand from reading is that ISFP will tend to be creative in nonverbal methods like drawing or music or woodworking and the INFP will be more apt to want to create with words.

Also I think there is something to the lack of cynicism, or at the very least it would take more hard knocks in life to knock cynicism into the ISFP than the INFP. But that's just my impression. I am fascinated with the contrast between good and evil, I want to understand evil and how it works, my ISFP friend doesn't like to dwell on it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think most FPs tend to have beautiful, kind-hearted souls.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever met one. Now I'm intrigued.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They're sickly sweet and taste like rainbows and adrenaline :heart:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if this is topic related, but I'm bored so I am going to post a thought that just occurred to me..

All Fs are inherently warm, and by in large, good people with kind hearts, but... I do think that FPs tend to have more simplistically pure, and hence, evidently, kind souls, than say, your average FJ.

I don't exactly know why, per se, but this has been a trend I have noticed, thus far in my life.

Extroverted FJs emit an *overtly* intense energy, that can, depending on their mood and the circumstance, be quite toxic, fierce, and mean/negative.

Introverted FJs also emit an intense energy, but it is more smoldering, and elusive, and due to this, more complicated to comprehend, and they can hence come off as being more calculating, at times.

FPs, on the other hand, moody as we are, and may be, are just free-spirited hippies, at heart, I think. We may staunchly care about our values, and fight tooth and nail for them, if need be, but if our Fi is on point, or properly calibrated, we want things/people/life to be good, in other words, we are lovers of goodness, and desire it for not only ourselves, but for most everybody.

I hope that any of the aforementioned statements don't offend, I am just stating a highly subjective opinion that can easily be a less than worthy one. So, please, forgive me if I offend or sound offensively ignorant!

:D