• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Are ISFP Attention Seekers?

Are ISFP Attention Seekers?

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard. If you need any information regarding ISFP. Please look in our lovely selection of blogs. You can find them in the SP blog section. Mind your step on the way up.

What do you think?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard.

Yeah, seems like a pretty good description to me. That's why we love the internet. We can get attention without the commitment required in a real life social environment.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Oh yes. I love attention. I like to get up on stage and put on a performance (sing, tell stories, etc.) although I get stage fright beforehand.
I also have "middle child syndrome" so I am happy when I get attention and crabby when I feel ignored.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not so sure, it depends on my mood, there are definitely times when I just want to disappear and attention is the last thing I want.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not so sure, it depends on my mood, there are definitely times when I just want to disappear and attention is the last thing I want.

That's my point. Attention but on your own terms. On your own schedule.

[YOUTUBE="uxCUBU0n_XU"]Something like this I guess...[/YOUTUBE]

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I try to thanks others for their good work and I'd like to be thanked for what I do well....I suppose that is a form of attention....but I don't need to be praised or awarded excessively. I'd just like to know that my efforts truly made a difference to someone, from brewing a cup of coffee for them to building a piece of furniture for them...I'm always doing my best to produce satisfying work and I enjoy having it aknowledged by a smile and sincere thanks.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah, you do need to pay attention to 'em..... so demanding sometimes

wolfy

awsm
I try to thanks others for their good work and I'd like to be thanked for what I do well....I suppose that is a form of attention....but I don't need to be praised or awarded excessively. I'd just like to know that my efforts truly made a difference to someone, from brewing a cup of coffee for them to building a piece of furniture for them...I'm always doing my best to produce satisfying work and I enjoy having it acknowledged by a smile and sincere thanks.

I wish I had your gift for words Hirsh. You always put things so well.
It's amazing how well your thoughts come across in your words. I can really relate to what you are saying.

pecan111

Anti-Social attention seekers is one description I've heard.

Yep, i would agree this is a good description along with the further post that said "but on my terms"...yep,,,too difficult...too selfish appearing to me...wish there were an easier way but it ALWAYS seems to be on your terms...
funny, i am sure you guys would agree that you are very "agreeable", but when looked at closely, i feel there is a great deal of the opposite...
then again, i have met some that were truly sweethearts that would give you the proverbial shirt.

it always is that mysterious Fi...man, what a difficult thing to grasp...

wolfy

awsm
Yep, i would agree this is a good description along with the further post that said "but on my terms"...yep,,,too difficult...too selfish appearing to me...wish there were an easier way but it ALWAYS seems to be on your terms...
funny, i am sure you guys would agree that you are very "agreeable", but when looked at closely, i feel there is a great deal of the opposite...
then again, i have met some that were truly sweethearts that would give you the proverbial shirt.

it always is that mysterious Fi...man, what a difficult thing to grasp...
Here are a couple of quotes to set you straight.

Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing.'

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Bruce Lee

There is nothing softer and weaker than water,
And yet there is nothing better for attacking hard and strong things.
For this reason there is no substitute for it.
Laozi, Tao te Ching, Ch. 78.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
HEY LOOK!

*does a handstand*

D

Dali

When I was a kid, humour-wise, the attention seeking manifested itself in slapstick and other forms of self-depreciating humour. It morphed into a sarcastic streak when I got into my mid-teens and it's been that way ever since.

Every now and then, and in the right company, it's released in the form of bursts of silliness. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not any more than anyone else. It's just the way they go about it actually works.

Qre:us

Maybe it's just something I noticed in my friend who I believe to be ISFP, but, she has this weird relationship with attention.

She will only seek it out if she's fairly (very) confident that it will be positive towards her, otherwise, she will do everything in her capacity to blend into the background.

Some other types seeks attention for the sake of attention, she seeks it as a confirmation of her awsomeness, so, if she feels that the other person won't find her charms cute or disarming, she becomes an extreme introvert.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Haha, confirm my awesomeness!

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Absolutely! But in a nonverbal kind of way..