• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread

L

Lasting_Pain

Those two things are really different. I'm sure we're all in a sense naive, but I wouldn't say I'm especially more naive than anybody else.

BUT, you are right, I sure am more gullible than most!!! :doh:

Yea I used the wrong word.

ISFPs will believe just about anything.

maliafee

Yea I used the wrong word.

ISFPs will believe just about anything.

Yeah but we are quick to laugh that off when we realize we have been tricked. And then we move on. At least we are not in a permanent haze of impracticality like some people (not pointing fingers, just sayin'). :D

wolfy

awsm
I wouldn't say I'm gullible. My initial reaction is to doubt what someone says and look for some evidence that it's not BS.

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
yeah I'm usually pretty quick to tell when something is BS, but if it's a topic I'm not familiar with then I'll believe just about anything

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I wouldn't say I'm gullible. My initial reaction is to doubt what someone says and look for some evidence that it's not BS.

+1

Although sometimes I get caught up in thinking everyone's intentions are as good as mine.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
What does Loyalty mean to an ISFP? Is it important for you to keep your word?
I've had issues with ISFPs about that...

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah but we are quick to laugh that off when we realize we have been tricked. And then we move on. At least we are not in a permanent haze of impracticality like some people (not pointing fingers, just sayin'). :D
^This is why people love ISFPs. :smile:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

To those close to me, I am very loyal. Also it is important to keep my word, although sometimes I forget what my word was.

wolfy

awsm

To people close to me I am loyal. I like to have have a tight circle of friends know who is in and out. I do my best to keep my word. If I promise I will do something and I feel loyal to you then come hell or high water I'll get it done.

Most of the time.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Loyalty is being there, being supportive, considering someone else's feelings even when hurting them could benefit you in some way, not betraying a friend.

It is important to me to keep my word, which is why I make very few promises. When I do make them, I am very realistic and precise in what I promise and I stick to it.

rooo

MBTI Type
isfp
Hahaha yeah I'm pretty gullible

+1

Although sometimes I get caught up in thinking everyone's intentions are as good as mine.

YES .. that's what I wish I could say, if it didn't just make me seem whiny.:blush:

maliafee

Loyalty is being there, being supportive, considering someone else's feelings even when hurting them could benefit you in some way, not betraying a friend.

It is important to me to keep my word, which is why I make very few promises. When I do make them, I am very realistic and precise in what I promise and I stick to it.

+1

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
YES .. that's what I wish I could say, if it didn't just make me seem whiny.:blush:

You calling me whiny? *slap* :devil:

Anyways, what I meant was if I can't imagine myself doing it then it don't really expect it from other people. Like I could probably get scammed fairly easily cause I generally think people are looking out for each other, even though I consciously know this probably isn't true.

rooo

MBTI Type
isfp
You calling me whiny? *slap* :devil:

Anyways, what I meant was if I can't imagine myself doing it then it don't really expect it from other people. Like I could probably get scammed fairly easily cause I generally think people are looking out for each other, even though I consciously know this probably isn't true.

Yeah it's the same for me... I just mean people will want to believe you're just gullible! and anyway i have to admit, it was usually pretty funny. It's fun to try it on someone else, though usually I never get an urge to. I don't know if it's about not wanting to make the other person feel stupid... or just not feeling like it?

zillah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
pecan111 said:
-refuse to state their feelings and allow others to GUESS all the time.
Hey folks. Well clearly I see a lot of wonderful things in "my" ISFP or I wouldn't be dating him. But, this trait does worry me. Last time he got overloaded and shut down on me, I felt awful, I tried to back off but obviously not nearly enough for him and he growled a bunch of stuff at me about being pushy, analytical, he can't be different than what he is, etc. I hope we can handle it better next time. :(

:D

<"The Chief ISFP" via YouTube>

Oh, god, this is the sort of movies I'm doomed to watch forever now that I'm going out with an ISFP, isn't it?!?! No more Kieslowski and David Lynch for me.

R

Riva

nope even i can't find a reason to hate ISFPs. i wonder if my ALWAYS QUIET ISFP friends think the same about me. i hope so.

but my gosh aren't ISFPs different from the ISTPs?

zillah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Gosh, aren't they? Although they both need their freedom.

ISFPs are so soft and gentle inside. Sometimes their body really "melts" and they feel almost fluid, like a cat when it is totally relaxed. ISTPs are very cool and respectful and detached, and there is a hardness or tension in their body. Hmm, I dunno if that made any sense. :p

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I've been told by an INTP friend that my "kindness irritates the hell out of him".

markscol

I tested an ISTP (my IST are all within 10% of 0..so i guess i could go either way on those three)..... and i would say that there is little difference between my sensitivity and my ISFP friends' sensitivity. Quite the contrary...it is a very interesting dynamic being around fellow ISFPs because we are all so aware and in tune to eachother's energies, sometimes it can be draining if one is having an off day-- internally draining without anything every being said. I would say the difference between me and them is that i have a strong logical tendency..and i am very good at detaching and rationalizing things away. (Doesnt always work so well, which makes me quite neurotic) ..but instead of going into a shell or being consumed by my feelings, i usually go into "logic" mode revolving around my feelings....make sense?

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Only complaint I can really think of is how some of you overcompensate for your introvertedness by acting unrealistically social at times. Like almost creepy overly social, too nice to be real.

I know it's well-intentioned, but it's a little weird.

Oh yeah, OH YEAHHHH! This is so true.
Man I knew one just like that. I would just freeze up in awe and wouldn't know what to answer her.