• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Funny enough she says I'm quiet (ahem, not true), but she doesn't ask me any questions. She's not that interested in the things I really like to talk about, nor does she seem that interested when I just start talking about something. How on earth do we talk for so long on the phone? :D

Sometimes I don't know what questions to ask to keep a conversation going. I also will tend to be gathering information on a person or subject rather than being involved in a conversation. Remember that most ISFP are not into abstract theories. I will listen politely because it is something you are interested in (especially people near and dear to my heart) but will not contribute to the conversation.

If I have no reference to what you are talking about then I cannot talk about it and will just listen politely.

Sunny Ghost

Sometimes I don't know what questions to ask to keep a conversation going. I also will tend to be gathering information on a person or subject rather than being involved in a conversation. Remember that most ISFP are not into abstract theories. I will listen politely because it is something you are interested in (especially people near and dear to my heart) but will not contribute to the conversation.

If I have no reference to what you are talking about then I cannot talk about it and will just listen politely.

Someone called me judgmental the other day! I was a bit inebriated and shared with the person I was hanging out with, that I thought he was being fake. He was extremely upset and refused to talk to me after that. I kept trying to explain, that it was something I picked up from him early on, but though I did make a judgment... that it was less of a judgment and more that my mind is trying to figure out who this person is before me. I tried to tell him that it's something my mind naturally does: pick up information and try to build from top to bottom who a person is. Also, that there is a difference in what one does with a particular judgment... one can pass a judgment and immediately stop there, not wanting anything else to change their opinion, setting it in stone... or while judgment exist, allow room for either changing ones mind or just accepting the person as is, flaws and all. He eventually forgave me, but I think still felt it was shallow of me to do such. And me, I'm just hurt someone would think of me in such a harsh way because I'm so accepting of people, flaws and all, because we all have them and with most of us, there is still a lot of good or a lot of heart behind the exterior. :cry:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I got in a fight with an ISTP once. He took me down before I could even start. We sort of became cool after that. Sadly, a few yrs later, he tried to step up to a bunch of thugs at a strip club for messing with a girl he was with. They beat him with a tire iron in the parking lot. Put him in a coma. Point being though, he was pretty badass, and knowing him, I imagine they got desperate to even go that far. RIP :rock:

See, you try to hate, and I repay ISTPs back with a tribute. How can you hate me? :D

So what now he is dead?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I had an imaginary fight with an ISTP, I won. :D

I roll with an INTP at my jiu-jitsu club he is pretty tough I won't lie but way too defensive in his fighting style. He is a cool guy but he is very:nerd: haha

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Someone called me judgmental the other day! I was a bit inebriated and shared with the person I was hanging out with, that I thought he was being fake. He was extremely upset and refused to talk to me after that. I kept trying to explain, that it was something I picked up from him early on, but though I did make a judgment... that it was less of a judgment and more that my mind is trying to figure out who this person is before me. I tried to tell him that it's something my mind naturally does: pick up information and try to build from top to bottom who a person is. Also, that there is a difference in what one does with a particular judgment... one can pass a judgment and immediately stop there, not wanting anything else to change their opinion, setting it in stone... or while judgment exist, allow room for either changing ones mind or just accepting the person as is, flaws and all. He eventually forgave me, but I think still felt it was shallow of me to do such. And me, I'm just hurt someone would think of me in such a harsh way because I'm so accepting of people, flaws and all, because we all have them and with most of us, there is still a lot of good or a lot of heart behind the exterior. :cry:

:)

I have just learned to keep those kind of opinions to myself.

wolfy

awsm
I used to but I tend to let thoughts like that run in my mind for a while. I don't like getting caught up in things and I don't want to get caught with bad footing so I just wait. The downside of that habit is when I do it is sometimes bang, bang, bang with comments and thoughts.

We are all judgemental, I think it is just giving the others space that is key.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wolfy is correct, we are all judgemental. Being aware that you are judgemental is half the battle if you want to become non-judgemental.

Sunny Ghost

that's how i felt as well... that we're all judgmental. this person just made me feel really bad and made me question myself. he said that he never forms any opinion or judgments ever, which i find a little hard to believe. but, now that the dust has settled on this and i thought on it for a little bit, i don't think i was ever in the wrong. i stand by what i said, that it is what you make of those judgments and opinions, and how quickly you are to stop at those opinions once they are formed. i'm accepting of most everyone i know, because there is always the possibility that i might be wrong about a person and also because we all have our flaws.

wolfy

awsm
...he said that he never forms any opinion or judgments ever...

I don't believe that. He managed to form an opinion on your opinion. A judgement on your perceived judgement. People like that don't know themselves. Or they are just wrapped up in fighting and say whatever...

Sunny Ghost

I don't believe that. He managed to form an opinion on your opinion. A judgement on your perceived judgement. People like that don't know themselves. Or they are just wrapped up in fighting and say whatever...

:D

well, we've resolved it now. but there was my example of someone hating an ISFP. he's forgiven me and asked me out on another date. though, i'm quite positive i don't want to date him at all and would rather just be friends instead.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
:D

well, we've resolved it now. but there was my example of someone hating an ISFP. he's forgiven me and asked me out on another date. though, i'm quite positive i don't want to date him at all and would rather just be friends instead.

His reaction would be a deal breaker for me as well. :yes:

KDude

We are all judgemental, I think it is just giving the others space that is key.

I would say I only want to be like that with little personal perceptions/thoughts of people. There are also issues I couldn't care to give some people space about. Like issues where others are getting hurt from their behavior. To mention "Ni" once again though, people aren't always seeing what I'm seeing...like how I'm seeing what one person's actions or traits will lead to - so I try to hold back judgement until I see an example of it.

wolfy

awsm

Way. Who knows, I might even be being judgemental at this very moment. No one knows...

I would say I only want to be like that with little personal perceptions/thoughts of people. There are also issues I couldn't care to give some people space about. Like issues where others are getting hurt from their behavior. To mention "Ni" once again though, people aren't always seeing what I'm seeing...like how I'm seeing what one person's actions or traits will lead to - so I try to hold back judgement until I see an example of it.

Yeah, that is what is so insanely interesting, insanely frustrating, insanely interesting about life. All the variables.

KDude

Yeah I'm not at all judgemental you inbred hicks! :steam:

Yeah! I am judgemental. Just like Johnny.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc]/[/youtube]

I just wanna do it right, that's all. :cool: And it's easy to go wrong..I admit.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah! I am judgemental. Just like Johnny.

I just wanna do it right, that's all. :cool: And it's easy to go wrong..I admit.

Yeah, I know, I want to be judgemental like Santa. Pleasing only the good boys and girls and punishing the naughty.

[YOUTUBE="cglLJJ0Czo8"]The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa [/YOUTUBE]