• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I feel the same way, JustHer. I don't like sugar-coated fluff or vagueness, either. I like direct communication. That being said, direct communication can be tactful and diplomatic without being sugar-coated fluff.
Of course, as isfp and entj are polar opposites, there may be some difficulty in communicating well. ENTJ is a directing type and ISFPs don't like to be told what to do!!! This is where tact and diplomacy really help.
Speaking about ISFP and ENTJ, I had been having difficulty figuring out my own type. I thought that I was an ESFP so I put that in my information. When I realized that I was not an ESFP, I mentioned in my blog that my career as an ESFP was fun but short-lived and I asked for suggestions of other types that I could try out for about a week. The recommendation was ENTJ. So I put ENTJ on my information and had a lot of fun for a week pretending to be an ENTJ. I was, of course, just a caricature of an ENTJ but I had a great time. :devil:Pretending to be a (not-very-good) ENTJ did help me learn to accept ENTJs for who they are, without trying to make them be more like me!
The one thing that I really like about what you said has to do with honest communication. As an ISFP or as a (fake) ENTJ, I prefer to hear the unpleasant truth to vagueness and fluff.

There is a whole world of people who prefer direct communication to sugar-coated fluff. I'd much sooner stick around with somebody who tells me whats on their mind even if it isn't the nicest thing than somebody who keeps things quiet and grows resentment in private.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFP's are my favorite type. :D

Sunny Ghost

Only complaint I can really think of is how some of you overcompensate for your introvertedness by acting unrealistically social at times. Like almost creepy overly social, too nice to be real.

I know it's well-intentioned, but it's a little weird.
I'm sure I've come off this way... but it's not that I'm overcompensating. I get on these weird... "high's." If I'm really excited about something that I'm doing or having a lot of fun or in an extremely cheerful mood, I can be way overly social than my norm. We can go from overly social to completely aloof. It's weird. We're weird.

3. She acts like an idiot, a helpless defenseless girl to get people to lower their defenses but could probably get to them easily if she wanted. (ISFPs are not harmless, nobody is)
STOP acting like a victim! If you can withstand such crap then you're probably tougher than you guys think.(Also, they use the number 3 to get people to do things for them sometimes -.-)
We only get people to lower their defenses because we want everyone to feel comfortable and relaxed. We don't do it to lay down an attack. I think many of us ISFP's are pretty tough... or at least I consider myself to be a pretty tough chick. I don't necessarily go around kicking people's asses, but I'm no damsel. :workout: :smile:

But one ISFP trait that annoys me to tears is the tendency to avoid conflict at all costs. Many ISFPs I know will avoid saying or doing something that needs to be done simply to avoid the potential of conflict arising. Most people don't like conflict, but ISFPs run for their life from it.

I can tell when my closest ISFP friend is not fond of a person because his facial expression changes from the usual happy to grim when he sees the person in question. Then he tries to avoid being close to or interacting with the person.
I'm quite confrontational & aggressive. However, I use tact. I think this is just something I learned over time, as I got tired of being run all over or not being heard. If I've got a problem with something, I state it. I'm careful to not start a conflict or fight, but I state my opinions and like to talk them out.

I never would have thought "unhateable" applied to ISFP, had I not read it in this thread!

My friends wife and one of her friends are ISFP, and..

-They don't get jokes
-serious and unfun
-scared of people, my friends wife (A) being the one able to confront her fears
-gloomy view on life
-untalkative
-avoidant of anything not specifically "sensitive"
-often sensitive to the point of ludicrosity, attributing negative and harsh qualities to inanimate, neutral objects and those associated with them.. EXAMPLE: "his cloths have such an inconsiderate 'vibe' to them, he must be an inconsiderate person"
-sometimes little more than just a living clothes hanger for their clothes
-everything is about "vibe", "feel" and "look", world is about everything that "don't match" to the mood, style, feel, occasion, etc.. and every unmatching thing in the world is to be suffered in full
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what?? I laugh all the time! I'm constantly silly and ridiculous! I'm quite optimistic! I can be quite chatty! I'm not uber stylish, if that's what you mean by clothshanger, and I consider myself to have great depth. If these people you are describing are ISFP's, they are quite unfortunate ones. This is definitely not an accurate description of every living ISFP.

I don't hate you, but man ISFPs are naive
Once upon a time... yes.

I wouldn't say I'm gullible. My initial reaction is to doubt what someone says and look for some evidence that it's not BS.
I'm so like this. I think I've just been fooled one too many times, I have a hard time putting my faith in people. :huh:

I think another ENTJ in this thread already said this but yeah... I sometimes dislike ISFPs because they make me feel like I'm being an asshole when I really am not doing anything of the sort.
I've been called out on doing this to other's before as well. I think as ISFP's we're just always aware of what another might possibly think or feel from something that was intended as harmless. We worry someone might take something the wrong way, and we're always watching out for other's feelings as well. :blush:

KDude

Joan, you are a lot like me.. just in female form :laugh: I agree though, age and experience does a lot for ISFPs.

KDude

i just think that many friends my age work 50+ hrs and have kids..tends to age people quicker. i don't have as much to stress over (dont have better pics online, but i guess i don't look 33 link).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i just think that many friends my age work 50+ hrs and have kids..tends to age people quicker. i don't have as much to stress over (dont have better pics online, but i guess i don't look 33 link).

wow...no, you don't look 33

jixmixfix

Permabanned
screw ISFP's I hate them.:D I actually got into a physical fight with one. lol.

KDude

screw ISFP's I hate them.:D I actually got into a physical fight with one. lol.

I got in a fight with an ISTP once. He took me down before I could even start. We sort of became cool after that. Sadly, a few yrs later, he tried to step up to a bunch of thugs at a strip club for messing with a girl he was with. They beat him with a tire iron in the parking lot. Put him in a coma. Point being though, he was pretty badass, and knowing him, I imagine they got desperate to even go that far. RIP :rock:

See, you try to hate, and I repay ISTPs back with a tribute. How can you hate me? :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm, my ISFP girlfriend is a bit like some of the comments in this thread. She doesn't pick up on sarcasm at all, she will take what I say quite literally. Which also makes her a bit gullible- until she says to herself "wait a second..." and then she laughs it off.

She will go to great extent to avoid conflict. Even putting herself into situations which probably aren't the greatest because she can't say no. And sometimes she lets loose and goes all out in a very extreme way. I'm shocked that's even her. She likes things that activate the senses- dancing, food, music, exercise, etc. She does like to talk, but isn't a great conversationalist. She doesn't ask a lot of questions or invite a back and forth nature to our chatting.

I wouldn't attribute this to all ISFP's, but some of the things said here definitely fit her.

Sunny Ghost

you're a handsome young chap, kdude!

i get the same all the time. i'm 25, but people always think i'm between 20 and 21. somehow, i even got 16 from the liquor store cashier only a month or two back. haha. :smile:
Hopefully not though.
hahahahaha!

Hmm, my ISFP girlfriend is a bit like some of the comments in this thread. She doesn't pick up on sarcasm at all, she will take what I say quite literally. Which also makes her a bit gullible- until she says to herself "wait a second..." and then she laughs it off.

She will go to great extent to avoid conflict. Even putting herself into situations which probably aren't the greatest because she can't say no. And sometimes she lets loose and goes all out in a very extreme way. I'm shocked that's even her. She likes things that activate the senses- dancing, food, music, exercise, etc. She does like to talk, but isn't a great conversationalist. She doesn't ask a lot of questions or invite a back and forth nature to our chatting.

I wouldn't attribute this to all ISFP's
, but some of the things said here definitely fit her.
Please don't. I mean, read this thread alone and you should be able to see that many of us are quite the jokesters and even sarcastic.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I wouldn't attribute this to all ISFP's, but some of the things said here definitely fit her.

This actually sounds like me especially when I was younger. Regarding her conversation style, perhaps she doesn't really share unless it is information on a subject she enjoys.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
This actually sounds like me especially when I was younger. Regarding her conversation style, perhaps she doesn't really share unless it is information on a subject she enjoys.

Funny enough she says I'm quiet (ahem, not true), but she doesn't ask me any questions. She's not that interested in the things I really like to talk about, nor does she seem that interested when I just start talking about something. How on earth do we talk for so long on the phone? :D

Please don't. I mean, read this thread alone and you should be able to see that many of us are quite the jokesters and even sarcastic.

If it makes you feel better, I'm an ENFP who (shockingly) keeps appointments and time deadlines like an ESTJ. We all deal with and overcome stereotypes related to our type.