• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs: hypersensitive to stimuli

sculpting

Are you ISTPs very sensnitive to stimuli around you? Noises, bright garish colors, junk scattered everywhere, you know a typical enfp home?

my ex was but I wasnt sure if it was a type thing or an individual thing.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Are you ISTPs very sensnitive to stimuli around you? Noises, bright garish colors, junk scattered everywhere, you know a typical enfp home?

Generally speaking no.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fairly easily distracted/bothered, not sure what the average person is like though.

I'm very bothered by clutter but I tend to create it. :doh:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

I kinda like bright colors in interiors or elsewhere. I got this 70's road bike that's :sick: green (a little brighter really) and I think it's awesome. . .

Noise can bother me. Mostly people talking, music isn't so bad.

Junk...well, it wouldn't be fair of me to be so uptight about that.

(assuming you meant 'sensitive' as in 'easily bothered by' and not 'observant of'.)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I actually love bright colors, especially the neon versions of blue, red, and green. I've always loved them. As for sounds, they don't really bother me unless it's an annoying loud or repetitive noise. I enjoy good music very much. Junk scattered everywhere? If it wasn't mine, honestly I wouldn't care. If it was, then I'd probably want to clear it up to make it less scattered.

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hm...yeah, I mean it really depends. Sometimes something will be annoying, but other times it won't. Most of the time I'm pretty indifferent to everything, but from time to time something will really get on my nerves. It's usually sounds, definitely. It'll be like I'm not in the mood for energy, and everyone is hyper...ugh.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm pretty sensitive to environmental noise. I find it difficult to study if there's a television or radio on.

Other than that, not really.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm not an ISTP but, yes, I am very sensitive to noise, light touch, smells, lots of garish colors... I have a lot of trouble following a conversation if there is competing noise, especially if there's other conversations going. I cannot read or concentrate if there's a television on or if there is music with lyrics. If the music is light and instrumental only, I can concentrate on a book or newspaper, etc. I have been tested and found to have central auditory processing disorder, hyperacusis, and sensory integration disorder.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

Nope. If anything, I think I ignore it better than most people. I'm very sensitive to extremely strong smells (like walking into a candle store), but that's more because it causes an allergic reaction in me for some reason. Other than that, I can ignore anything and am not bothered by much.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Noises dont bother me, if you catch me home alone more than likely the radio is up so loud I cant hear much of anything else. Bright colors dont bother me either. I have no problems with girly decorations, flowers, etc. Clutter is fine, I am very good at hunting for things:)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe

Absolutely, but all Ti dominant types can be.

phoenity

I believe that's the idea of extraverted sensing. External stimuli easily grabs my attention so it depends what I'm trying to do. If I'm struggling to focus my attention on something like a conversation, then yea, it's frustrating so it's best done somewhere quiet.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i am hyper-attentive, but not sensitive. usually i am so aware of what's going on that very little surprises or distracts me. a lot of times it might seem like i am not paying attention, contrarily i pay close attention to almost everything... but after doing that for most of your life, you learn that most things should be outright ignored, so i often do. usually i wont even turn to look towards loud noises like an alarm or a crash unless i dont recognize them

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm hypersensitive to stimuli when I'm not busy with another stuff (or reflections) where I'm totally immerged, in that case, I'm hypersensitive to just a few stimuli with I react like with alarms who signal me I've to do another thing, or there's an opportuniy for actionj or change. These stimulis are more and more. When I'm not busy, I'm hypersensitive to stimuly and easily excited by my environement, I'm very sensitive to unestheticism too.