• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Thank you!

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
My S friends allways compete about having the most beautifull houses and whenever we decide to throw a party, the Ss (especially the women) tries to convince everybody that the party should be held at their house.

All I can say is "thank you guys!". I'm a bad host, a bad entertainer, I suck at cooking and dislike cleaning. Furthermore, instead of having to wait on the last guest to leave. I can just break up anytime I feel like it and leave the guy who's sick from drinking and is throwing up in the toilet and the dirty dishes to the eager party throwers.

:wubbie:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It sounds like someone is enjoying freeloading a bit too much... But I guess since they want the "honor," I suppose you aren't hurting anyone, lazybones.;)

It really is convenient to have S's around who actually enjoy messing with that kind of stuff. It certainly isn't that I don't like or appreciate having things clean or in order, but I just don't have the energy or the focus to keep things completely clean most of the time, because I would rather focus on abstractions (Although I will clean everything up if I think I might be having company, which is almost never).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My S friends allways compete about having the most beautifull houses and whenever we decide to throw a party, the Ss (especially the women) tries to convince everybody that the party should be held at their house.

All I can say is "thank you guys!". I'm a bad host, a bad entertainer, I suck at cooking and dislike cleaning. Furthermore, instead of having to wait on the last guest to leave. I can just break up anytime I feel like it and leave the guy who's sick from drinking and is throwing up in the toilet and the dirty dishes to the eager party throwers.

:wubbie:
Oh Amen sister! That is a huge issue in socializing for me. We rarely to never have people over. I hate feeling trapped into waiting for people to leave. It isn't free loading if the person invites you over. Everyone has free choice to create their own boundaries. If someone doesn't want me over unless they get to have the next social at my house, then I would be happy to simply not go to theirs. There shouldn't be any implied strings attached or owing something in return unless that is specifically communicated. At least that's how i see it.

sassafrassquatch

Sounds more like an ESxx thing, half of Sensors are Is you know. Also I think SJs are more into the material status symbols than SPs. So you're talking about ESxJs and not all Sensors.

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
It sounds like someone is enjoying freeloading a bit too much... But I guess since they want the "honor," I suppose you aren't hurting anyone, lazybones.;)

LAZY moir? I carry my part of the burden by telling them that I find their flower decorations and knick knacks adorable.

It really is convenient to have S's around who actually enjoy messing with that kind of stuff. It certainly isn't that I don't like or appreciate having things clean or in order, but I just don't have the energy or the focus to keep things completely clean most of the time, because I would rather focus on abstractions (Although I will clean everything up if I think I might be having company, which is almost never).

It's just like kicking a masochist - might make you feel a little bit guilty but I'd be willing to make that sacrifice.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Your welcome! I'd invite you over this weekend, but alas, I won't be able to cram any more people into my little apartment...

On the other hand, I might just throw a fit if my blackberry sauce doesn't render down properly this time. Oh well...

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
If someone doesn't want me over unless they get to have the next social at my house, then I would be happy to simply not go to theirs.

When I went out in my younger years, I had this friend who would say "Hi there good to see you let me buy you a beer". The next time I meet the guy, he would say "Hi there, good to see you, I think it's your turn to buy me a beer".

Gues what I'm trying to say is, I like to know that I'm participating in a SWAP and not receiving a present.

Sounds more like an ESxx thing, half of Sensors are Is you know. Also I think SJs are more into the material status symbols than SPs. So you're talking about ESxJs and not all Sensors.

Nope, in my social circle it seem to be a gender related S thing. In context with a New Year's Eve party, I experienced this huge show down a couple of years ago between an ESFJ and an ISFP. The ISFP first invitated all of us over to her place to celebrate. Knowing this, the ESFJ then invitated more or less to the same group of friends to her place and me and my husband got oddly stucked in the middle. The year after, the ESFJ made sure to invite people many months in advance and spoke about the New Year's Eve party event at her place as a coming tradition. Those two women still don't talk much today. Those intriguing little power struggles...

Your welcome! I'd invite you over this weekend, but alas, I won't be able to cram any more people into my little apartment...

On the other hand, I might just throw a fit if my blackberry sauce doesn't render down properly this time. Oh well...

Heh, I'd be willing to sit on a stool in the corner just to watch that unfold.
BTW, sometime ago you mentioned having doubts whether you were an N or an S and as a result, you made some advanced graphs in your blog. Unless you'r not just trying out every letter combination for the fun of it like Lee, how did you reach your final conclusion?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Heh, I'd be willing to sit on a stool in the corner just to watch that unfold.

:D Well, you could always come by! I'm sure I can fit a bit more salmon in the oven.

But I refuse to serve herring. Sorry. I hate Danish/scandinavian food almost without exception.

Speaking of which, I have been trying to track down the name of a leaf I ate in Korea (at a traditional BBQ). All I remember is that it was stronger tasting and a lot rougher... do you happen to have any idea what it would be? I have "winter leaf" in my head, but that never turns anything up.

If only I had a fire pit of some type, I'd probably do a Korea BBQ :p

BTW, sometime ago you mentioned having doubts whether you were an N or an S and as a result, you made some advanced graphs in your blog. Unless you'r not just trying out every letter combination for the fun of it like Lee, how did you reach your final conclusion?

You can see my rant here - it'll probably explain it (sorta) fairly well. And of course, if not, you can always ask away :D

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
:D Well, you could always come by! I'm sure I can fit a bit more salmon in the oven.

But I refuse to serve herring. Sorry. I hate Danish/scandinavian food almost without exception.

Salmon if fine, as a matter a fact, anything homemade will do.
And no reason to excuse, the Scandinavian kitchen isn't much to brag about.

Speaking of which, I have been trying to track down the name of a leaf I ate in Korea (at a traditional BBQ). All I remember is that it was stronger tasting and a lot rougher... do you happen to have any idea what it would be? I have "winter leaf" in my head, but that never turns anything up.

If only I had a fire pit of some type, I'd probably do a Korea BBQ :p

Bah, you make me feel so ethnic roothless. I know nothing about the Korean kitchen.

You can see my rant here - it'll probably explain it (sorta) fairly well. And of course, if not, you can always ask away :D

I did:)