• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Changing into an ESTP?

Unique

Sorry I should clarify that I was thinking of a social setting, I can come across as random

I didn't really answer your question simply did I? went off on some tangent eh? Simple answer is yes

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FYI putting you on ignore
...:holy:

Would it be rude if I said this was the best day of my online life (Sorry, Qre:us)?

No, Lauren!! Keep at him! :devil:

He's missing a whole lot of things.

Lol, I didn't do anything! I just critiqued his comments and asked questions. He can't take a little analysis? Especially when he specifically asked for opinions? :confused:

My point has been proven.

But sorry, Unique, if you think I'm bothering you. :hug:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That's a projection on your part; there's no grudge. I simply provided one of the many instances where you misunderstood and belittled intuition, to the irony of you now claiming to be an intuitive.

Quick comment - without confidence, Ne can be an easy object of disdain by other people. Without support at home (and not just emotional support, you need someone who knows how you tick - growing up with two sensors was a hell of a challenge that I never understood), it's very easy to determine that there's something wrong with being so "random" since you catch so much crap for it and thus develop a negative view of the concept in the first place.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Would it be rude if I said this was the best day of my online life (Sorry, Qre:us)?

I don't think so. Some members can be annoying.
Lol, I didn't do anything! I just critiqued his comments and asked questions. He can't take a little analysis? Especially when he specifically asked for opinions? :confused:

I don't think you did anything either, that's why I thought you should keep at the analysis. I was just trying to encourage you in the face of the people siding with Unique.

You all see now? It wasn't intended to be mean at all.

Unique

Quick comment - without confidence, Ne can be an easy object of disdain by other people. Without support at home (and not just emotional support, you need someone who knows how you tick - growing up with two sensors was a hell of a challenge that I never understood), it's very easy to determine that there's something wrong with being so "random" since you catch so much crap for it and thus develop a negative view of the concept in the first place.

Worth noting indeed

While a lot of Ns on here hold it with some sort of elitism I've found it hard to deal with

Yup. It's totally lame. We should have an INTP entrance exam. :coffee:

There was a time when I thought INTPs were considerably dumber than INTJs because of their poor spelling/grammar, seeming inability to use a dictionary, and the fact that everything I said seemed to go over their head unless I made it simple and obvious. I noticed that most of these INTPs seemed to rely mostly on their right-brain (and were actually very intelligent in this regard), but had horrendous left-brain skills.

Then I saw another group of INTPs who spelled/punctuated correctly, and sometimes described things so technically I had to read them more than once to understand them. So I decided, "Okay, some of these people are obviously different types... they just CAN'T all be the same type."

You definitely need to start screening these people, lest someone else hit a pocket of "INTPs" like the ones in the first paragraph. :yes:

I think what attracts a lot of people to the INTP description, is that they see "INTP" and "Ti-Ne" as meaning "Ooh! I think for myself, don't let anyone tell me what to do, and I'm creative, I must be an INTP. Durr."

This particular forum and perhaps other places like this are abstract concepts and more interesting for an intuitive, its unlikely for a mistyped N to come here and realize they were an S all along rather than the opposite

You fail to see the point entirely of a community like this you seem to think its to box people and create elitist fan clubs

My point has been proven.

(Well the ignore feature seems useless I can see quotes anyway.)

If its your "best online day ever" I'd assume you're quite young? In which you are forgiven for not understanding me

Please quote where I asked for opinions? I don't think I did

What you offer is not analysis anyway but even if it was, I never asked for it and especially not from yourself

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This particular forum and perhaps other places like this are abstract concepts and more interesting for an intuitive, its unlikely for a mistyped N to come here and realize they were an S all along rather than the opposite

Actually, it's happened several times on this forum. INTP to ISTP and INFP to ISFP seem especially to have happened, as "S-based" people read more and more of the perspectives of "N-based people", they realize how little they actually relate. Usually a lousy online test has told them they were N, because that test used bad questions which made N out to be the sole source of creativity or imagination or new ideas.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Actually, it's happened several times on this forum. INTP to ISTP and INFP to ISFP seem especially to have happened, as "S-based" people read more and more of the perspectives of "N-based people", they realize how little they actually relate. Usually a lousy online test has told them they were N, because that test used bad questions which made N out to be the sole source of creativity or imagination or new ideas.

Bingo.

Unique

Yeah I did notice the humanmetrics test (up high in google... for that reason probably taken a lot) seems to have a slight bias and comes out N more often than not

I didn't say it doesn't happen often as well I just have found the opposite more common

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeppers! I was less extroverted and less here and now in my youth, probably because I had kind of a stressful childhood and just wanted to keep things together and as close to normal as possible. But once I got to be about in 7th grade I began to hatch. I had alot to say, I was always in a good modd, and I genuinely liked people and interacting with all kinds of situations. So here I am. God help you all.

Yeah, wow, I used to daydream alot, think quietly, I even had a fast-paced mind filled with all kinds of thoughts constantly trafficking through. That definitely changed as I grew older, though. More early 20's, though.

I kept to myself for awhile, but slowly became more and more extroverted through high school and afterwards.

Being in tune with my surroundings took awhile, but here I am! I can't focus on anything but the present moment (actually I was always like that but daydreamed about the future too) and I'm really in tune with my surroundings.

I used to think I was an INFP, Unique, and felt like I changed my type but I've been questioning it. Maybe it was just that my true personality was repressed. It helped when Keirsey said that your personality = character + temperament. Your temperament stays the same, your character or the way it's expressed can change.

Unique

Yeah, wow, I used to daydream alot, think quietly, I even had a fast-paced mind filled with all kinds of thoughts constantly trafficking through. That definitely changed as I grew older, though. More early 20's, though.

I kept to myself for awhile, but slowly became more and more extroverted through high school and afterwards.

Being in tune with my surroundings took awhile, but here I am! I can't focus on anything but the present moment (actually I was always like that but daydreamed about the future too) and I'm really in tune with my surroundings.

I used to think I was an INFP, Unique, and felt like I changed my type but I've been questioning it. Maybe it was just that my true personality was repressed. It helped when Keirsey said that your personality = character + temperament. Your temperament stays the same, your character or the way it's expressed can change.

I see, well my "character" would be SP and my "temperament" would be NT.... interesting

I was kind of a strange kid, I had one friend who was INTP he was the only person I could relate to, later on in high school I started to think there must be something wrong with me so I put on an act, I made friends, but it only served to make me more alone... I think as this type we prefer to be alone but at that age I couldn't understand why I was so different in that aspect

jixmixfix

Permabanned
In my opinion its really hard to change your MBTI type it takes more than just waking up in the morning and acting different. Also even if you do change it could only be in a similar range and most likely at a young age. So I could see and INTP changing into an ISTP and vise versa. This could happen possibly in their teens, but not into an ENFJ or ENTJ. It's also almost impossible to change your primary function changing from being an introvert to extrovert, you're most likely born with this function. So you guys are just idiots who think an INTP can change into an ESTP.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I see, well my "character" would be SP and my "temperament" would be NT.... interesting

I was kind of a strange kid, I had one friend who was INTP he was the only person I could relate to, later on in high school I started to think there must be something wrong with me so I put on an act, I made friends, but it only served to make me more alone... I think as this type we prefer to be alone but at that age I couldn't understand why I was so different in that aspect
Oh wow, you're an INTP then? Crazay.

In my opinion its really hard to change your MBTI type it takes more than just waking up in the morning and acting different. Also even if you do change it could only be in a similar range and most likely at a young age. So I could see and INTP changing into an ISTP and vise versa. This could happen possibly in their teens, but not into an ENFJ or ENTJ. It's also almost impossible to change your primary function changing from being an introvert to extrovert, you're most likely born with this function. So you guys are just idiots who think an INTP can change into an ESTP.
Um, try I was quiet my whole life until a certain point after which I became naturally extroverted. At the point in time at which I started changing, though, I was beginning to realize that I'd always been an extrovert, just stuck inside an introvert's shell. That was the easiest part of me to change, actually.

At this point I'm the most extroverted person I know. I'm not intimidated by anyone at all, I make a fool of myself in front of strangers, I'm constantly talking to the point where if I'm quiet for a few minutes people ask me what's wrong. I stir up large groups of people with loud whoops, yells, singing and dancing. So there's no doubt I'm an extrovert.

I don't see why one function couldn't become stronger than another, people seem to do that all the time.

I'm not even really sure about the function thing anyway, I think Keirsey's theory makes WAY more sense when it comes to personality theory. He even says something I've always thought, that the difference between extroversion and introversion (or in his terms, expressive and attentive, respectively) seems the smallest. Jung and Myers seemed to make them the biggest, which is nonsense. That's the easiest part of anyone to change. The other aspects are more strongly embedded, especially that of Intuition vs. Sensing, because it fundamentally determines the basic way you think.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Oh wow, you're an INTP then? Crazay.

Um, try I was quiet my whole life until a certain point after which I became naturally extroverted. At the point in time at which I started changing, though, I was beginning to realize that I'd always been an extrovert, just stuck inside an introvert's shell. That was the easiest part of me to change, actually.

At this point I'm the most extroverted person I know. I'm not intimidated by anyone at all, I make a fool of myself in front of strangers, I'm constantly talking to the point where if I'm quiet for a few minutes people ask me what's wrong. I stir up large groups of people with loud whoops, yells, singing and dancing. So there's no doubt I'm an extrovert.

I don't see why one function couldn't become stronger than another, people seem to do that all the time.

I'm not even really sure about the function thing anyway, I think Keirsey's theory makes WAY more sense when it comes to personality theory. He even says something I've always thought, that the difference between extroversion and introversion (or in his terms, expressive and attentive, respectively) seems the smallest. Jung and Myers seemed to make them the biggest, which is nonsense. That's the easiest part of anyone to change. The other aspects are more strongly embedded, especially that of Intuition vs. Sensing, because it fundamentally determines the basic way you think.

Introversion doesn't necessarily mean your shy or reserved those are just introverted qualities. Introversion is how you view the world and how you react to the external, I know plenty of introverts who are very social beings. Usually ENTPS are the most quiet of extroverts thus they think they are introverted but they are not. There is a whole theory explaining how Intuition is an introverted quality(which makes sense) but does it mean you're an introvert, well no not really according to Jung. No matter how social or loud or playful i get with my surroundings I can't change the fact that I'm an introvert mainly because my primary function is still intact. I personally agree more so with socionics than Myers Briggs. Socionics explains a more accurate description of the functions because they aren't based on the sole fact of "introversion vs extroversion" but instead they use functions to describe personality. In socionics ISTPs primary function is Si and if your read the description of Si you would notice what it is they are talking about. In Myers brigg an ISTPs primary function would be Se which doesn't make sense. Myers brigg fucks up the description of the functions big time. Maybe you are an ENTP who knows the best way would be to read the description of your functions.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Introversion doesn't necessarily mean your shy or reserved those are just introverted qualities. Introversion is how you view the world and how you react to the external, I know plenty of introverts who are very social beings. Usually ENTPS are the most quiet of extroverts thus they think they are introverted but they are not. There is a whole theory explaining how Intuition is an introverted quality(which makes sense) but does it mean you're an introvert, well no not really according to Jung. No matter how social or loud or playful i get with my surroundings I can't change the fact that I'm an introvert mainly because my primary function is still intact. I personally agree more so with socionics than Myers Briggs. Socionics explains a more accurate description of the functions because they aren't based on the sole fact of "introversion vs extroversion" but instead they use functions to describe personality. In socionics ISTPs primary function is Si and if your read the description of Si you would notice what it is they are talking about. In Myers brigg an ISTPs primary function would be Se which doesn't make sense. Myers brigg fucks up the description of the functions big time. Maybe you are an ENTP who knows the best way would be to read the description of your functions.

Actually I'm a good example of this because I'm always about 50/50% when it comes to being an ISTP or INTP on those typical Myers brigg tests. But when I take a cognitive functions test I rate higher in Si than Ni, which is why I assume ISTP.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
In Myers brigg an ISTPs primary function would be Se which doesn't make sense.

Er, the dominant function for ISTPs according to MBTI is Ti, not Se. ESxPs have Se as their dominant.