• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Questions about ESFP

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was just wondering if ESFP changes mood quickly.
In group activites/chatting, sometimes throughout the conversation or/and activity, an ESFP would just get pissed at me. And of course at first I'm bit surprised b/c we were getting along so well like 10 mins ago.

So my question is, is this common behavior amongst ESFP? My mother, ESFP seems to do that as well. She would quickly get mad, but then quickly become happy.

If what I hypothesized is true, what's the best move in this situation? from what i picked up, it's better to talk them out of it to make them happy again. Opposed to leaving them alone.

the "pissed" here is more of showing distaste, rather than the "i-hate-your-guts." And of course the scenario is when there are no direct conflicts between the ESFP and I.

or are there certain thing ESFPs hate?
maybe i'm confusing "distaste" with them actually being mad.

and 200th post :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol! I'm known for this.
Random bursts of anger.
There is no trigger. Its kind of weird. We're just sensitive. (more than we appear to be), and random things can push buttons.
Keep talking or leave me alone, I don't really care.
I'm over it within the next 30 seconds regardless.

xx00oo00xx

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Okay, here's a question: How do you know if an esfp female is into you? Like is it pretty obvious? Currently friends with one, but I'm thinking of ending even that cuz I really like her and every time we meet I find just being friends to be a form of torture :D (but seriously!).

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Yes, my mood changes very rapidly. When I get angry, it's really sudden and infrequent. I yell briefly and then I'm over it just as quickly. I don't get angry all that often, however.
Yes, it's probably best to talk me out of it as opposed to leaving me alone. Or you can just change the subject. I'll get distracted by that and will forget why I am angry. If you say or do something funny, even if I'm in mid-furious stage, I'll immediately begin to laugh. That is mood changing in hyper mode.
I truly hate being ignored. Another thing that I hate is people being mean to each other. I don't like that at all. I am very sensitive to a toxic environment and have to get away from it at once.

Last edited:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ESFP's are the most underrated type on this site, I've known some pretty awesome ones :)

Sunny Ghost

My dad's an ESFP, and quite possibly one of the moodiest people I know of. He could go from laughing boastfully to yelling in anger in .2 seconds. He's sort of ridiculous in that aspect.

But I wouldn't say this is necessarily something all ESFP's are prone to. Rather, I would say that anyone with low awareness of their own Fi or emotions can easily be very moody like this. I've known ESFP's who hide their emotions fairly well, considering they are feeling types. By that, I don't mean that they do not necessarily wear their heart on their sleeve... I think all feeler types do. But some are better at not acting upon every emotion in a loud and active way, and rather hold on to it more quietly. "Pretending" if you will, that something doesn't bother them, or even just being sort of laid back and letting some stuff roll off them.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Dominant Fi is scary. I love my older sister to death but she will switch it up in an heartbeat. We are 13 years apart so me as the quirky wierd little brother used to bother her. It's funny she has a son who is defintely STJ- seems more E than I and she says how much he reminds her of me. He's 11 and I know he doesn't feel her. I try to help him and her understand each other, but I'm not there 24/7. I'm sure he catches it often.

Sunny Ghost

Hey now! Dominant Fi isn't necessarily scary in itself. Lack of awareness and control of one's Fi is scary. Not all IxFP types are scary, and in fact are typically considered far from it. :tongue10:

Though, I can say I've met a few Fi-dom's who can flip a lid... and I knew an ISFP who got in tons of fights... :huh: but definitely not the case for all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was just wondering if ESFP changes mood quickly.
In group activites/chatting, sometimes throughout the conversation or/and activity, an ESFP would just get pissed at me. And of course at first I'm bit surprised b/c we were getting along so well like 10 mins ago.

So my question is, is this common behavior amongst ESFP? My mother, ESFP seems to do that as well. She would quickly get mad, but then quickly become happy.

If what I hypothesized is true, what's the best move in this situation? from what i picked up, it's better to talk them out of it to make them happy again. Opposed to leaving them alone.

the "pissed" here is more of showing distaste, rather than the "i-hate-your-guts." And of course the scenario is when there are no direct conflicts between the ESFP and I.

or are there certain thing ESFPs hate?
maybe i'm confusing "distaste" with them actually being mad.

and 200th post :D

This is one of the reasons why I even considered SFP as a type, and I suspect it's a part of the reason why some people on this site have suspected me to be ESFP...quick flashes of dramatic emotion that are gotten over in a reasonably short period of time.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure ENFPs do this too, and other ENFPs have touched on this concept, I remember Orobas once said ENFPs can be having some huge emo fit like the world is ending then an hour later just casually suggest that they go get a burger like nothing ever happened.

I think the times that this becomes damaging is if you're dealing with a person who actually is destructive when emo or angry (you know, like violent or threatening) ...or if you're an SFP or ENFP dealing with a type who holds grudges and takes the outburst of emo too seriously and holds it against you for twenty years, when you've recovered from it in days, sometimes even hours or minutes.

Sunny Ghost

^Yeah, I've definitely seen some ENFP moodiness before. I've seen my roommates exgirlfriend become upset over ridiculous or little things, or simply act snippy when disgruntled.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure this is true, and it makes me wonder why INTJs or even some ISTJs would think we're a great type, because in my experience they can hold grudges or at least judge you too fast and think "oh that's what this person is always like, they are not trustworthy/stable/etc."

It's like they want to idealize ExFPs as though they're perpetually goofy, silly, happy...and yes, that's partly true, and we do get over stuff much more quickly than some types, and can often be broken out of our emo bullshit with hugs and kisses or something as simple as jokes...but you have to take the good with the bad, and I think one of our flaws are these seemingly childish or unpredictable bursts of emotion.

Now, I can see being wary of someone if they're violent, or just go like psychotic crazy...but that's usually not the normal emo outburst, it's usually something more whiny, petulant, foot-stomping, crying, or getting panicky that kind of thing.

Sunny Ghost

My ISTJ roommate seems to have a strong attraction towards wild and crazy girls. He was really into an ENFP girl for a while because I think he liked the fact she was so emotionally unstable... he'd stay up all night with her on the phone and attempt to calm her. But I think that was what he liked about it. I suppose because he's typically sort of predictable and emotionally cool, that it brings him out of his shell + gives him an opportunity to comfort a wild stallion. IDK. He's now with an ISFP, who often seems more E than I, but incredibly bubbly and hella crazy, too. I've also been informed by his teasing friends that she is notorious for crying when drinking. For some reason, this rang a bell with the ENFP he dated as well. Seems a definite "type" attraction.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I LOVE bubbly FPs. No offense to FJs but Fi is hella sexy compared to Fe. It packs helluva bite though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, and I think the opposite attraction (at least for me) is like "oooh...IxTJ boy is so calm and logical"...and INTJs in particular seem to have a talent for turning fucked up shit into funniness, and that helps keep perspective so you're not getting emo about stuff, that's the attraction for me.

The thing is, though, I don't think this is true with all of them, I don't think they all want to play the role of being "the calm, steady person." I don't know.

CoyBoomer

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I slip into my party costume whenever I see a friendly face.

Everyone else gets the evil death stare.

death-stare.jpg

Ok, perhaps it is not that evil.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
My ESFP sister is the single moodiest person that I know. She can honestly lose her shit in about 0.5 seconds and then be perfectly fine ten minutes later. Incidentally, since someone brought this up, my ISTJ mother and brother have the worst relationships with her out of everyone in our family; it seems like everything she does just irritates the living hell out of them, and, once lost, they're not a type to control their tempers either (making for some humorous showdowns during my childhood between they and my sister.)

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
A friend of mine that's an ESFP fits this.... She can be happy and bubbly one minute, someone will say something that she takes offense to and becomes super moody.... And 20 minutes later she's fine again. Thankfully, she rarely stays made for longer than an hour!