• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs - good editors?

maliafee

Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't have that, would be cool if I did.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if/how it would be related to type, but I have that too, to some degree.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:steam:

Grammar != spelling.

Yeah, see I'm not so fussed with being accurate when I quote someone, that kinda bugs INTs, cool eh. OP's about spelling & grammar so meh :)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, see I'm not so fussed with being accurate when I quote someone, that kinda bugs INTs, cool eh. OP's about spelling & grammar so meh :)

*insert cryptic phrase here*

B

beyondaurora

Is it an SP thing, an ISFP thing, what? I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- in books, magazines, the newspaper, and (especially) online. I really believe I find EVERY ERROR. It's not intentional, either.

Also, I can look at the spelling of a word once and remember it forever, even if it is in my second language (French).

Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An SP thing? Or just an S thing? OR NOT?!

You and I are two peas in a pod! I am exactly like this.

I can see both Se and Si being responsible for this - Se for being inherently attuned to the physical world and Si for recalling stored impressions. Perhaps it is the combination of both since Si shadows, or gives depth to, Se and vice versa.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I am constantly finding little spelling and grammar and typo errors -- Is this hyper-sensitivity to word/language structure nuance an ISFP thing? An P thing? Or S thing?

This looks better.

maliafee

Hmm...

I can see both Se and Si being responsible for this - Se for being inherently attuned to the physical world and Si for recalling stored impressions. Perhaps it is the combination of both since Si shadows, or gives depth to, Se and vice versa.

Neat to have something in common with ISTPs (not such a big surprise though, right?). I have always really liked ISTPs; great personalities.

I find the functional analysis interesting. I don't know enough about that...

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I thought you were ENFP. Am I going crazy?

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I glanced at the word "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia" for about five seconds and it got stuck in my head completely. It still is. You can tell me to spell it out in RL and I'll do it in a heartbeat (and be correct).

That was like.... two years ago too... geez.

Spelling errors do irk me sometimes though. I can't stand when people mix up "your" for "you're" or other words like that.... unless I'm in a lazy bum mood. Then it's just, "whatever". I could care less. XD

D

Dali

Bloody hell, Malia. It feels like you're me! In a prettier package, of course. I identify with so much of what you post including this. (except for the spelling. Due to my mild dyslexia, words with double SSs and double MMs have me doubleguessing the spelling but I always get even those right)

A friend once told me to "stop proofreading everything you see!" after I pointed out a few typos while reading an online profile of hers.

And it's not just the written word; I'm crap at coming up with stuff of my own but I can improve upon almost everything I see aesthetically and in other ways too. For instance, at my current (new) workplace, I'm just biding my time until I've been here for another 2 weeks or so before I suggest some changes to their consumer sales kits that will make them look more professional, more standardised and nicer. I think its due to our ability to just know 'what fits' and what doesn't. Se + Te at work perhaps?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I notice every single spelling error as well (at least in my first language)

It annoys me sometimes, because if it is one of my friends i feel obliged to point it out to them. As a result of this, i have had friends asking me to look through their papers before they turn them in :D

So yeah, i guess ISFPs could make good editors

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I proofread everything that I see, too. It's not intentional but it happens. As for the spelling, I notice Miss Spelled words right away. I have an auditory processing disorder and I don't read phonetically. I never could do phonics. I recognize entire words. If they are misspelled, I will know immediately because they do not look like the word that I have in my visual reading memory bank. If the word is badly misspelled, I won't even know what the word is and will have to get someone to identify it for me.;)