• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Sensors, how do you react to stereotypes?

KDude

I find the stereotypes amusing. I'm sort of new to all of this though. Probably will get bored after awhile.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There have been countless discussions about Sensors and why iNtuitives don't like certain aspects of their behavior and such.

Ignorance is bliss.

It was suggested that what an N considers to be a negative quality, an S would naturally embrace.

Sounds like an assumptive and derogatory mindset from which to live one's life.

This implies that these comments and discussions would not be offensive to a Sensor, at least not in the way they would be offensive to an iNtuitive.

Sounds like a shallow theory to me. Oh wait, iNtuitives can't be shallow, right? Pardon me. :thumbdown:

So as a Sensor, what is your reaction to comments about Sensing that iNtuitives consider negative qualities?

unbranded-bullshit-stamp.jpg

What stereotypes have you encountered?

IRL = NONE
On this Forum = From an Ignorant Few...

What is your reaction to these stereotypes?

I know plenty of iNtuitives (e.g .my wife=INFJ, my brother=INTJ, a best friend=INTP), and I've had no such issues with them.

In my honest opinion, I think remarks as such are indicative of people who have lived their life in a bubble of their own making, and who allow self inflicted neuroticism to jeopardize their chances of living harmoniously with others.

Many of my posts here state my contempt of stereotypes. I have proven them wrong at several junctures in my life. They are a tool for those with insufficient faith in their own self worth to make derogatory statements about others in a passive way.

There are too many people on this board who misuse various typological schools of thought as a substitute for a true and accurate understanding of people.

To those holding negative stereotypes against Sensors, I offer the following:
(1) All of us bleed the same color.
(2) Your shit stinks too.
(3) We will all rot in the ground after we die.
(4) Get over yourself.
:tongue10:

Hugs and kisses,

-Halla

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nuh uh, Halla. I bleed rainbows.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've never been stereotyped outside of this forum. Well, not for being a sensor anyway.
I can't imagine having anyone actually rolling their eyes and going "ugh, stupid sensor". But here, at this forum, I've had one or two people become short with me because 'I'm a sensor'.

"you expect me to dumb things down for you"
"you could never take on an intuive, much less control them."
"Wow, you didn't get that joke? You're such a sensor."

Seriously?
I've been told IRL multiple times that I'm the wisest and most intellectual teenager that many people have ever met. There are lots of qualities that I and everyone else here have that others will simply never experience. Just because you see one part of a personality, doesn't mean there aren't others.

It's hard sometimes not to fall into the stereotyping game, but it's important to realize that everyone has a story, experiences and has lived life differently than yourself. There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rules.

wolfy

awsm
I love them, keep it up.

I also love all of them. Please, more bullshit stereotypes. I really do like 'em, I can't see the bad in 'em. Why do people care what some dumbass thinks on the net anyway. That's what I wonder.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You sensors are so inferior. At fantasy role-playing games. Sometimes. Maybe.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can't even imagine playing fantasy role playing games, that's how suck my N is.

wolfy

awsm
You sensors are so inferior. At fantasy role-playing games. Sometimes. Maybe.

Yes, I have the overwhelming desire to smack you over the head with the board after five minutes. Balancing a weak function with a strength.

KDude

I had a bunch of buds who played them.. I liked sitting off to the side, looking at the pictures in the manuals. Cool shit. Fantasy artists are like the only classicists around anymore.

Fast forward years later though, and I get a kick out of RPG video games.. But that's sort of different.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes, I have the overwhelming desire to smack you over the head with the board after five minutes. Balancing a weak function with a strength.

I would too if I played boardgames.

Rez said:
I had a bunch of buds who played them.. I liked sitting off to the side, looking at the pictures in the manuals. Cool shit. Fantasy artists are like the only classicists around anymore.

ever seen some of Wayne Reynolds' work? M'azing

KDude

I haven't, but I just googled and browsed some stuff. Like it! A little before my time (as far as the books I've seen). My friends were playing Warhammer and D&D, but that was back in the early 90's. Reynolds looks pretty fresh.

I've always been a comic book fan - Oh, and Frank Frazetta, of course.. both related to fantasy art (Frazetta obviously).