• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] An SP in a house full of Ns.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Miss Murder approves the dual axe-ing. It's a showstopper.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
No you. Two of my friends were addicted to Neverwinter Nights, not very healthy.

WoW on the other hand is a very healthy life choice. As long as you maintain a life outside of it.

but they are all pretty addicting right :p

*Puts on nerd glasses*

I play on a server called "Higher Ground." You wouldn't believe the depth of it. Most games you can either win or get proficient enough that you've mastered it. I've been playing HG for years, and haven't even come close. The amount of time some of those people spend playing HG is astounding. And even though NWN is kind of an old game, they still keep changing HG around, and adding new stuff to explore.

For your reference, in case I spark any kind of curiosity:
Main Page - HGWiki
Higher Ground BB - Home

*Removes Nerd Glasses*

*Replaces Nerd glasses, to begin working on a chemistry project*

*whispers* "And it's free to play......."

phoenity

WoW sucks. I gave it two months and then quit. It's pretty, but it's also pretty boring. It's a never-ending quest for gear upgrades and rare items. I like games where pure skill is more a factor in success. I like games where your actions have consequences on the MMO community you're interacting with. With WoW, I felt like everyone else was just another toon I had to quest with to get through an instance for new loot.

I played another MMO, Asheron's Call, off and on for about 5 years, mostly because of the community of people.

The next MMO to end all other MMOs will be...

Darkfall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I could never get past a few levels in WoW without getting bored. :(

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
He's troubleshooting you. How interesting. He's probably fairly neutral towards you if he's even bothering. He might even find you fairly tolerable, for a bubbly Extrovert.

Oh hey, so I was thinking about this comment the other night, and I intended to comment on it sooner, but then I forgot. My point here is that MissMurder has a good point. If he really is an ISTP and he didn't like you, he would ignore you, and if forced to talk to you he would be polite. Being polite is far easier than being a pain in the ass. If he's bothering to troubleshoot, or to be an ass as you've mentioned before, he's probably doing it for fun. Seriously, be a dick to him back and he'll probably respect you more for it.

Disclaimer: don't do it too seriously. I mean, include that hint of sarcasm. It's all a game after all.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have taken to just following him around the house and asking him how to do things. Or roping him into helping me plan stuff (he has already improved our zombiepocalypse survival plan a whole bunch!). I think he has come to like me due to my sheer persistence. He actually said he respected my ingenuity the other day!

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
If he actually said that (and it wasn't sarcasm), he borderline loves you.

Yeah, that's a pretty good analysis. He probably just isn't aware of it yet. If he suddenly stops talking to you, it's a good sign that it has hit him.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, this is a good way to get a female roommate you hate to move out. :huh:

I just wonder if you had the hots for the guy first and then started hating the roommate after that or if hated your roommate first and then got the hots for her boyfriend later?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, that's a pretty good analysis. He probably just isn't aware of it yet. If he suddenly stops talking to you, it's a good sign that it has hit him.

:laugh: Sad, but true.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I just wonder if you had the hots for the guy first and then started hating the roommate after that or if hated your roommate first and then got the hots for her boyfriend later?

Her boyfriend is completely unattractive to me. I just felt like I hadn't given him a chance to be friends and felt really really bad about it.

But it makes sense that an ISFJ would think that! It is important to me to have the people I surround myself with daily be like my family. I enjoy the way he thinks and have always envied SPs for their efficiency. The opportunity to get to know someone with a way of thinking so alien to me was not one that I could pass up.

I am really curious as to why you would think I had the hots for the guy because this is not my motivation in the slightest.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Her boyfriend is completely unattractive to me. I just felt like I hadn't given him a chance to be friends and felt really really bad about it.

But it makes sense that an ISFJ would think that! It is important to me to have the people I surround myself with daily be like my family. I enjoy the way he thinks and have always envied SPs for their efficiency. The opportunity to get to know someone with a way of thinking so alien to me was not one that I could pass up.

I am really curious as to why you would think I had the hots for the guy because this is not my motivation in the slightest.

Ahh. I thought that because you also said the girlfriend was not in good standing in the house either but there was no mention of a concern to make her feel like family, so I wondered why him and not her? Does he criticize his gf's hobbies too? Also, I didn't pick up on any indication that you enjoyed the way he thinks before you said it explicitly in this post.

Sometimes Ns treat Ss like they are aliens from the start, but they complain that it's the other way around. Anyways, I apologize for jumping to conclusions if you sincerely just want to bridge the N/S gap, and for what it's worth, there are Ss all around if you want more practice with this. To be honest, I'd probably freak out at first in a house full of Ns too. lol

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
See, that's what I figured. Most of his friends are sensing types and I have come to the conclusion that the two perceiving functions are just so vastly different that if you have very strong Se, intuitive leaps can appear unfounded and, well, pretty dang silly.

I have lived with the girlfriend for three years now, is the thing. She has, over these past three years, slowly revealed her true colours to be... well I dunno what colour heinous, remorseless cokehead bitches are.

She has pulled seriously sheisty underhanded shit on all her roomates at some point (which is why all previous roomates, especially girls have all left abruptly). I'm the only one that has stuck around. I guess all of her madness just came to a head over the past year and I just stopped being quite so quick to forgive her.

I suppose befriending her boyfriend was my bizarro way of proving to myself that she wasn't all bad. I had blamed him for my relationship with the ENTJ gf going sour for a long time, but ever since we've gotten to know each other better I have come to a conclusion that the charismatic and spunky girl I made friends with almost four years ago was just a well cultivated cover for the bully I live with now.

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have come to a conclusion that the charismatic and spunky girl I made friends with almost four years ago was just a well cultivated cover for the bully I live with now.

Harsh. Well there's only one thing for it. Vote her off the island and keep the ISTP for the lulz.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
See, that's what I figured. Most of his friends are sensing types and I have come to the conclusion that the two perceiving functions are just so vastly different that if you have very strong Se, intuitive leaps can appear unfounded and, well, pretty dang silly.

I have lived with the girlfriend for three years now, is the thing. She has, over these past three years, slowly revealed her true colours to be... well I dunno what colour heinous, remorseless cokehead bitches are.

She has pulled seriously sheisty underhanded shit on all her roomates at some point (which is why all previous roomates, especially girls have all left abruptly). I'm the only one that has stuck around. I guess all of her madness just came to a head over the past year and I just stopped being quite so quick to forgive her.

I suppose befriending her boyfriend was my bizarro way of proving to myself that she wasn't all bad. I had blamed him for my relationship with the ENTJ gf going sour for a long time, but ever since we've gotten to know each other better I have come to a conclusion that the charismatic and spunky girl I made friends with almost four years ago was just a well cultivated cover for the bully I live with now.

life is too short to suffer such negativity or dishonesty in those close to you. and as well, life is much better when you are not apologizing all the time for just being you.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unleash the hounds. Preferably very small fuzzy hounds with pink toenail polish.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oooh! I do have a small fuzzy hound and he does hate her (but not nearly as much as he hates the ISTP).

Hilariously enough, they almost broke up today and as it turns out, the ISTP is super controlling, going so far as to basically picking out her clothes for her, insisting that she wear makeup at all times and complaining when she doesn't shave her legs (Winter, in Brooklyn! She's allowed to not shave her legs once in a while!).

Is this an incredibly unhealthy example of some kind of ISTP behaviour or is this guy just a dick to his girlfriend? Do ISTPs find themselves being controlling (though I doubt any of you express it in ways as douchey as this!) to their SOs?

(I'm not accusing, I'm just curious!)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Is this an incredibly unhealthy example of some kind of ISTP behaviour or is this guy just a dick to his girlfriend? Do ISTPs find themselves being controlling (though I doubt any of you express it in ways as douchey as this!) to their SOs?

Um, he's just an ass. We (or at least me), are some of the least controlling people around generally. I give others the freedom to do as they want, and expect the same in return....that's really it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oooh! I do have a small fuzzy hound and he does hate her (but not nearly as much as he hates the ISTP).

Hilariously enough, they almost broke up today and as it turns out, the ISTP is super controlling, going so far as to basically picking out her clothes for her, insisting that she wear makeup at all times and complaining when she doesn't shave her legs (Winter, in Brooklyn! She's allowed to not shave her legs once in a while!).

(I'm not accusing, I'm just curious!)

Sure he's an ISTP? Sounds more like unhealthy ISTJ.

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
Um, he's just an ass. We (or at least me), are some of the least controlling people around generally. I give others the freedom to do as they want, and expect the same in return....that's really it.

Same.