• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP's - getting attention vs. being clingy

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've read a lot about ISFP's on this board and here's my question: Seems like in the beginning of a relationship you guys like attention, but not clingyness. Help me understand the difference. I'm very interested in an ISFP and definitely want to show that interest to her without being clingy. She was contacting me quite a bit and I think I made a subtle comment that caused her to back off from doing that so much (hope it didn't hurt her feelings). So now, I still want her to know to be herself (don't adjust based on what I may have said). And I also want her to understand that I truly do want to give her attention. I get the feeling, however (my Ne at work here), that when I show interest through contacting her, it can seem clingy to her. Don't want to be clingy at all, she's free to be herself and have her own domain. I'm cool with that. In fact, I prefer it. At the same time, I do care a great deal about you and I want you to know that.

How do I go about transmitting this message to her in the beginning stages when we're still feeling each other out?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't be in her head of course, but my guess is that she's probably not overthinking it. I have not had any problem with girls being "clingy", if she's hot, she can cling to me all she wants. :D The thing I don't like is trying to change me or to try to over-schedule my activities or force me to be too plan-oriented. My last two girlfriends were definite J types who wanted to plan and schedule everything, and there was a serious cramp on my spontaneous style.

wolfy

awsm
Part of being an ISFP is adapting your material to the audience. ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Watching thread and waiting for more ISFP responses*

Unique

I can't be in her head of course, but my guess is that she's probably not overthinking it. I have not had any problem with girls being "clingy", if she's hot, she can cling to me all she wants. :D The thing I don't like is trying to change me or to try to over-schedule my activities or force me to be too plan-oriented. My last two girlfriends were definite J types who wanted to plan and schedule everything, and there was a serious cramp on my spontaneous style.

Hence why I've only dated Ps ;)

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I agree with Jeffster. In my point of view, I would really appreciate if someone who loves me has the time to discover everything about me w/o rushing things up to the point that I can trust him. Also, I'd appreciate if he will send me things that show his love for me, though I do not guarantee that it'll work for all ISFPs. Btw, I'm an ISFP girl.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Attention is great, attention implies focus on me without any attempt to control me. Clingyness in my mind is an attempt to control or shape me into something they want me to be.

Combine genuine interest with not needing them to be or do more than they are = happy isfp, I think.

wolfy

awsm
Attention is great, attention implies focus on me without any attempt to control me. Clingyness in my mind is an attempt to control or shape me into something they want me to be.

Combine genuine interest with not needing them to be or do more than they are = happy isfp, I think.

+1 Well put.

passingby

Take it from me, you'll have to compromise with her if you wish to convey something as important as you say it is. Ergo, I second what the peeps above say.