• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What do these ISFP have in common?

wolfy

awsm
From DN's Celebrity Type List

ISFP
Bob Dylan
Michael Jackson
Brad Pitt
Janet Jackson
Pierce Brosnan
Nicole Kidman
Adam Sandler
Robert DeNiro
Ozzy Osbourne
Jon Bon Jovi
Barbara Streisand

I'm not questioning whether these people are ISFP. Taken one by one I can see it. I just can't seem to see a thread running through the lot of them like I can on some of the other types on the list.

Other than them being ISFP what do they have in common?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I for once recognize everyone on the list. So they all have in common that I actually could point them out in a line up.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Perhaps Fi makes them all quite unique? I dunno really...

Ozzy is awesome.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
They all enjoy salted snack treats.

wolfy

awsm
I think I worded the OP poorly.

What aspects of ISFP traits and traits in general do they all have in common?

Maybe...
They are all quiet spoken in general
They go in extremes.
In interviews with extroverts they ride the convesation well but have a wtf smirk on their face at the same time.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i wouldn't type some of those people as ISFPs so i'm not sure what they have in common.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
To see the common thread, look at who they are, not the specifics of what they do. There is a similar quiet but wacky personality streak in them all. They are all slightly off beat, and make a big impression with distinct and memorable personalities, but at the same time they are reserved in a way.

wolfy

awsm
To see the common thread, look at who they are, not the specifics of what they do. There is a similar quiet but wacky personality streak in them all. They are all slightly off beat, and make a big impression with distinct and memorable personalities, but at the same time they are reserved in a way.

Yeah, I can see that.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i want to understand isfp creativity. what does Se do in terms of a creative process? how abstract can it get? how do Fi Se interact like Fi Ne interact? or like Ni Fe? where does tertiary Ni come into play for isfp?

i'm thinking image control. design more so than (symbolic) meaning. technical tinkering art-craft. physical perfection.

Fi core seems legible, but how does it differ in appearance from the Fi core of infp? how does it organize, express itself? focusing on pairing and arranging strings and codes and concrete blocks already present? is isfp language more pictorial and less wordy? does Se generate or store IDEAS? or is it more bodily remembering than i realize? constant sketching, combing, refining?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
i want to understand isfp creativity. what does Se do in terms of a creative process? how abstract can it get? how do Fi Se interact like Fi Ne interact? or like Ni Fe? where does tertiary Ni come into play for isfp?

Wow, lots to think about/answer. I think tertiary Ni is most obvious in ISFPs through our creativity, my "aha" moments usually come when I'm creating something, "that's just right" or "how bout this?". Ideas and visions will just hit me out of nowhere, I interpret this is as tertiary Ni.

i'm thinking image control. design more so than (symbolic) meaning. technical tinkering art-craft. physical perfection.

I think, Fi can be perfectionistic, and Se pays attention to the details/subtleties, it's hard to put in words how they operate together.

is isfp language more pictorial and less wordy?

For me, yes.

does Se generate or store IDEAS?

Hmmm neither, it absorbs what is in the present moment.

or is it more bodily remembering than i realize? constant sketching, combing, refining?

Yes it might work that way.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm neither, it absorbs what is in the present moment.

does it keep the information long-term or is that more Si? how do you turn being in the present into WRITING? how does bob dylan write songs? how would you write a song? how do you build something from nothing? particularly with words, but also in general?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
does it keep the information long-term or is that more Si? how do you turn being in the present into WRITING? how does bob dylan write songs? how would you write a song? how do you build something from nothing? particularly with words, but also in general?

Si is much better at storing information I think (I have a terrible memory in general). In terms of writing, I think I draw on Fi and Ni for the words, I don't think Se helps much in regards to writing but I could be wrong. What I want to express most likely comes from Fi, deep feelings that I would probably keep to myself otherwise, and tertiary Ni would hopefully help keep it interesting, maybe more symbolic and meaningful? I used to write poems every now and then, I would start by listening to instrumental music (hey look there's Se!) and would draw out a strong emotion or feeling through the music and then words would just flow, I think Ni helped to make connections between the words and give them a more symbolic edge.

Hope that helps, I'm not very good at putting this stuff in words.

wolfy

awsm
Man... good question...
I can't think of anything to add to what Quinlan said. Except to say I think he got it right.

You've got me thinking now...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can see how reading extremely descriptive language could be Se. less metaphorical and more visual, concrete, lush, etc. but writing from an imagined space- where do the images come from? what role does tertiary Ni play, how significant is it for the everyday experience of an isfp? and where does Se get involved?

in a very basic way i can see how auxilary and tertiary perceiving functions could work hand-in-hand in a very powerful and productive way. i love Ni/Se balance. very detailed, descriptive, imagistic, etc. yet character driven, development driven, story driven, etc.

i struggle to feel how the imagination would work, virtual environment, from where it would operate, what would feed what, etc. i'm thinking bob dylan and jk rowling, and whether stuart murdoch of belle & sebastian is an isfp, and whether the writer anais nin is actually an isfp too.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
alot of these guys are not ISFP's.

let me redivise you're list:
Bob Dylan: Strongly isfp
Michael Jackson: yes
Brad Pitt: No
Janet Jackson: Unsure
Pierce Brosnan: Unsure