• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Opinions on esfp's.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've never had someone be more verbal and direct in their interests with me. lol. I kinda like it, but it's scary.

ESFP :cheers:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love ESFPs!

In my opinion, they are the most FUN of all the types.(----That is, unless you get on their bad side or disagree too strongly with them--then, WATCH THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!) :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love 'em. Except for when they make me have more work to do. Then they suck.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
when caught in the rapids they grab onto me and pull me into their undertow of underachievment - although with innocent intentions.
i call this the esfp hug of doom.
i do apprecaite the gesture of closeness but my 'danger bad decision ahead' alarm is wailing at me.

But our Ps run off togther and have a ball, dancing on the queens throne and such...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My original thought from reading the profile was that they were shallow, ditzy creatures with limited ability to think, who partied, did crazy stuff all the time, and were completely ruled by their impulses. Then again, this was what I assumed about most ExxPs.

Meeting a few has caused me to reconsider. They can be oblivious, need stimulation, and do impulsive things, but it's not as extreme as I expected, and that's not all there is to them. They have more self-control than they appear to, and are not as out of control as I would be if I did such things. The impulsiveness has a range, in other words. They also seem to have a soft spot for people, and have a desire to keep situations comfortable and fun for everyone. They're also some of the few people who will actually make an effort at befriending someone like me who sits in the corner and seems disinterested in social interactions. Most people wouldn't try and would just leave me there to languish because I'm not willing to approach them first.

In other words, ESFPs look a lot better in person as individuals than they sound on paper as abstractions. Pretty much the opposite of how INTJs seem, I guess.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They're also some of the few people who will actually make an effort at befriending someone like me who sits in the corner and seems disinterested in social interactions. Most people wouldn't try and would just leave me there to languish because I'm not willing to approach them first.
Very true, and this is how I met my best friends--mostly extroverts.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
speaking in general, i dont like them. the ones i know just gossip and talk about their stupid boy problems. they seem too outgoing and fake. they get emotional over the silliest things. i cant reason with them, ever so i just sit there thinking how dumb they are. haha

I think I have to agree here with Mitzy, at least with my experiences. It's a weird how an S can make all the difference in a wrong place... :rolleyes:

Gauche

They are direct and tell you what they think with incomparable unobtrusiveness, they are easy-going, and have pure emotions underneath (Fi). :wubbie:

Some might call them shallow, but it probably isn't by far that simple

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
ADD :D But then all of the sudden, surprisingly, they'll engage you in a converstation and slow down remarkably.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are direct and tell you what they think with incomparable unobtrusiveness, they are easy-going, and have pure emotions underneath (Fi). :wubbie:

Some might call them shallow, but it probably isn't by far that simple

yea. The shallow thing is not necissarily true. It appears to be shallowness, but I think living for the moment is just the theme that we live by, and we know it. We are aware that we're living for the moment, and that it is the best way to live, and that in the end, nothing matters, and there is very little in life to be taken seriously. I've had a few conversations with other ESFPs about this. I don't think that's shallow, but in our times of "living for the moment" can just appear to be that way.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Good: Like to have fun, kind people, people-oriented

Bad: May shirk duties

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
They like to have fun & won't take things too seriously.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The Good: I like ESFPs a lot. They make great aquaintences and get me to do things that I wouldn't normally do (and still manage to have fun). Their living in the moment can be very refreshing. And I don't have to worry about not having something to talk about with them because they'll always have something to say.

The Bad: They can be shallow and shirk their responsibilities. If something's not in front of them they'll probably forget about it. I've also noticed that their feelings can be easily hurt and are prone to hurting themselves.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
All of this... how true! how TRUE!
i cant got over how true it all is..

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Especially Sexy Fuck Partners

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm a fan. They make me feel at ease and drag me into fun - extended periods of hanging out with them definitely brings out the ESFP shadow/makes me happy/destressed. I've found that dominant perceivers in general are easier for me to get along with.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Generally? I adore ESFPs.

Out of the few I know, I'll focus on the one I know best - a dear friend of mine.
- He is loved by EVERYBODY, and that's not too much of an exaggeration (has charisma enough to charm the most heartless of le bastards) but what is best - he cares about everybody, and his obvious popularity never seems to get to his head.
- Has a need to understand people - maybe not on the same level as I, his intuitive counterpart, but enough to be able to connect and understand their wants/needs
- Livens up any room
- Makes all feel wanted
- Is one of the sexiest mofos around (Very sensual and lovable plus SEE - CHARISMA, CHARISMA, CHARISMA!)
- But there is, of course even more to him that all of this :wubbie:

However - on the other side of the spectrum - I've known some ESFPs that have rubbed me the wrong way time and time again. Mostly girls I went to highschool with.

To be fair - I'd link this mainly to lack of maturity.